Author Topic: Ryan10000 Abuse Report  (Read 314 times)

Offline pingus

• View Profile
Ryan10000 Abuse Report
« on: September 08, 2020, 09:27:15 PM »
Your IGN: _Pingus_

Offender's IGN: Ryan10000

Offender's Rank: Guard Captain

What the offender was doing:

Two seperate incidents both linked:

In one incident, an alt account with a voice changer “Jessica Brown” joined the MCP discord. After spending a few hours in Ryan’s private voice channel he then joined “The Swill Pit” accompanied by Ryan and Hypogre whilst a group of us were playing and talking.

Upon joining it became immediately obvious Jessica was using a voice changer and Hypo, “His” and Ryan repeatedly referred to him as “Ryan’s girlfriend” proving they’re at least familiar with each other. After a few minutes, Jessica began harassing people in the channel, for example repeatedly asking poophead to pronounce “Raspberry” (a word which he obviously would struggle with) and spamming players from the voice channel with DMS. After lordkillgoree responded they seemed to become annoyed and as a result referred to lord by her last name proving they had breached lord’s privacy. This left lord and other players feeling scared that similar to other incidents in MCP’s past Jessica could potentially dox them.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Jessica was banned for this.

After the incident and Dogtag and Kelinu talked to Ryan who then sent an apology to lord as seen here:
Spoiler for Hidden:

In this apology, Ryan clearly states that if he doesn’t stop “he wont ever be back to cdgs discord and “it’s just hard to police things I don’t know are happening”.

On 09/07/2020 another fresh discord alt joined the server and was seen in Ryan’s channel over the day leading up to 09/09/2020.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Upon which “Tyrone”, Ryan and “His” joined “The Swill Pit” where several of us were talking, once again the account had a voice changer lowering and slurring his voice. Shortly after joining “His” began asking “Tyrone“ to read messages from #vc-chat however whilst reading these seemingly random messages he would randomly insert the n-word, clearly against MCP rules. Ryan didn’t say anything against these actions and they only ended once we all left the channel and Cinna kicked the user.
Spoiler for Hidden:

This clearly contradicts Ryan’s previous apology which stated “hard to police things I don’t know are happening”, when directly confronted with someone spurting racial slurs in a CDGS channel, being encouraged by one of Ryan’s friends Ryan did nothing to act out against it and made no reports or attempt to alert staff who could ban him from the discord. In addition not only did he not act against “Tyrone” but after the incident rejoined his private channel with “Tyrone” till he was banned.
Spoiler for Hidden:

In addition, Ryan didn’t report “Tyrone” when he first joined the CDGS server, instead inviting him to his private channel, despite being aware that it was an alt of someone who was ban evading which is against MCP rules. Privately I have received confirmation that Ryan knew “Tyrone” was an alt owned by the same person as Jessica thus breaching rule 11:
“11. If bypass a mute, ban, or other limit with an alternate account both of your accounts will be punished or even permanently banned. Knowing a banned player is bypassing and not reporting it is also against the rules and can get you banned.”

Overall no-one should ever feel unsafe to be part of the community. A high ranking staff member who has broken rules and left the community feeling unsafe and toxic should be demoted and punished.

What server this happened on: CDGS (discord)

When this happened: 09/05/2020 - 09/09/2020 BST

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/VNJmZWQ

Offline Lordkillgore

• oof -Lordkillgoree
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan10000 Abuse Report
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:37:10 PM »
To say the least, if this was someone who was not staff its expected because they dont know better or expect to be banned for it. Sadly in this case Ryan has now stated that he wouldn't let it continue then it happens again and he did nothing to stop it and allowed it Ryan is staff and should not by any means allow this or even be involved with it. its just upsetting that the Cpt of the guard is causing others to not feel safe in the community by allowing his friends to do these things.
;~;

Offline poophead

• your mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 09:44:50 PM »
Its bad enough when players are mean to other players, but these are the staff. When new players join the server, they should look up to them. I remember looking up to these players a few months back, only for them to make fun of me for something I can't control. Staff should have more strict rules than players, not less strict.

Offline waterchlolo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 04:25:15 PM »
#makekelinuguardcpt

Offline 7ywatson

• “mayobagels”
    • View Profile
    • cdgs
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 08:51:29 AM »
+1, people from Ryan’s channel have released personal information about deconris in the past.

Offline supersilly845

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »
+1, the only reason any of this is a problem is because Ryan let these people into the discord, and his voice channel. I have never seen any players by the names "Jessica Brown", "His", or "Tyrone" on MCP, nor by any other names.  They would not be on discord if not for Ryan, and thereby would not have the chance to threaten and be generally toxic and rude to people that play on MCP.

Offline serrian_

• Serrian here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 12:39:02 PM »
If this isn't the internet then I don't know what is.
" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 01:52:34 PM »
Right, given that I've complained about ryan in the past and I could have a bias, I want to start off by saying this specific event is totally separate from me, as I was uninvolved with the incident and had no role in making this report.

I'm going to give my perspective on what has transcribed over the past few months, and I hope that my POV has some weight, given that I've been around MCP for quite some time. When I came back to MCP at the start of the summer, pb and I had the idea to start a riot squad, given that there wasn't much else to do on the server at the time and it was a chance to get people back into PvP again. We organized fairly well-sized events with upwards of 20 players on the rioter side online to participate. Despite those arrangements, most of the guards (with a few legitimate exceptions)--but most notably ryan who was online, in Discord, on a PC during those times--dodged our events. I purposely made a big deal about it during the time since I knew if nothing was done about it, it would continue to happen, and all of that player activity surrounding the riot squad would quickly die.
--No administrative action was taken. It continued to happen. About a dozen regular riot squad members stopped playing.--

The following month(s) garnered crippling guard inactivity. It took Jerehh a little more than a month of constant inactivity (nearly 28 days straight of no playtime) to get demoted. A lot of the other guards had and still have crippling numbers as well, but obviously not as severe as Jerehh's. This pretty much set the norm: You can be as inactive as you want when you're a guard, as long as you log on to update /seen every 2-5 days, you'll keep your rank. That's how it is right now, most of us still in the riot squad have been tracking this.
--No administrative action was/is being taken, and a great chunk of the guard team (and some other staff to be fair) is cripplingly inactive.--

And now we're here. I'd say doxxing is a more serious issue than playtime. Ryan's been connected to three separate doxxing attempts, and that sounds bad enough. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Let's say he had no clue that is was going on. After the third time, an apology promising not to let it happen again, and a server-wide system being implemented to prevent it from happening again, it seems absolutely absurd to me that such a high ranking staff member can knowingly sneak a [[3-time offending player that has (assumingly) be perm banned]] back into the server and house him in his private channel. It undermines the hard work of mods and wardens who (for literally years) have kept strict rules on keeping toxic players out of the community. Not only that, but it destroys any remaining trust the community had in ryan to uphold his end of his role.

When determining the verdict of this report, I urge the warden/admin making the decision to consider my perspective over the past few months. Inappropriate and damaging behaviour (much less worse than this incident) was not acted upon, and it's now the status quo. Please, don't let this behaviour become an acceptable way to act.

-pointlessbob

Offline Yummy_Mellonzz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »
+1 This thread really isn't about whether or not Ryan is toxic, its whether or not anyone is gonna do something about it. Encouraging bullying and doxing of REAL mcp players is not something staff should even consider. They should be held at a higher standard, plain and simple. This behavior is not something the mcp staff team should be proud of and should try and discourage among players. The fact that none have responded is very concerning.. sometimes you have to wonder if they still even want to be staff anymore lol. To be fair anyone that is associated with people who use MCP should be allowed on the discord, but not some randoms who hop on discord to troll on the guards behalves.  So the guards are "clean"

Offline Coolskate2449

• Super Sayan God - AlphaCoolskate
    • View Profile
    • CornHub
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 07:22:10 PM »
Not sure how much my opinion matters since I haven't been on in a month or so, but Ryan was generally not the nicest staff on the server to say the least. Exclusivity, being an asshole to people in discord, and generally not acting like a staff member should. The only times I've seen him act like a staff member were when it was on a forum post or if an admin was online. I haven't been on in a month or so, but while I did play, he definitely was the least deserving of the guard rank. Not to mention he barely actually did anything guards are supposed to do.
//

Offline Hypogre

• Suicide is the way in my eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 08:08:04 PM »
+1 This thread really isn't about whether or not Ryan is toxic, its whether or not anyone is gonna do something about it. Encouraging bullying and doxing of REAL mcp players is not something staff should even consider. They should be held at a higher standard, plain and simple. This behavior is not something the mcp staff team should be proud of and should try and discourage among players. The fact that none have responded is very concerning.. sometimes you have to wonder if they still even want to be staff anymore lol. To be fair anyone that is associated with people who use MCP should be allowed on the discord, but not some randoms who hop on discord to troll on the guards behalves.  So the guards are "clean"

we have no control over him doxing people, and we specificly told him not to and have yelled at him for many times, to my knowledge he will not be joining the discord anymore and if he does hes not going to be in our channel as we have warned him before. not once have we told him to dox someone your putting words in peoples mouths. you all are assuming were telling him to do something. everyone has there own mind. if you want to think we tell him go be it  I dont care because i know the truth. as this is a serious offense he deserves what he got but do not go around saying that we told him to do something that we didn't tell him to do. before you go to try and say we told him to do it get proof for it because if not do not even mention it again.
Edicius
<--------

Offline poophead

• your mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 08:58:08 PM »

we have no control over him doxing people, and we specificly told him not to and have yelled at him for many times, to my knowledge he will not be joining the discord anymore and if he does hes not going to be in our channel as we have warned him before. not once have we told him to dox someone your putting words in peoples mouths. you all are assuming were telling him to do something. everyone has there own mind. if you want to think we tell him go be it  I dont care because i know the truth. as this is a serious offense he deserves what he got but do not go around saying that we told him to do something that we didn't tell him to do. before you go to try and say we told him to do it get proof for it because if not do not even mention it again.

You may not have been encouraging it, but you were not doing anything to stop them either. You laughed at me because of how I talk. You just stayed quiet when "Tyrone" Joined the swill pit, then headed back to Ryan's channel with him. You were supporting the smaller cases, and not doing anything to stop the more severe cases.

Offline Hypogre

• Suicide is the way in my eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 09:06:35 PM »

You may not have been encouraging it, but you were not doing anything to stop them either. You laughed at me because of how I talk. You just stayed quiet when "Tyrone" Joined the swill pit, then headed back to Ryan's channel with him. You were supporting the smaller cases, and not doing anything to stop the more severe cases.

we make fun of dragon in a friendly way no reason for you take it personal so dont. 2nd of all just because i was with him doesn't mean i knew what he was doing in dms. i found it funny when he spoke the way he did but we have dragon say stuff all the time so dont take it personal. instead of being self concious about it , personally i'd be more open with it. but your you and you can do what you want and no one can stop you. I was just reacting on how i normally would with dragon.
Edicius
<--------

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 09:20:19 PM »

The instance this report is based on is when he was invited back into the server and was added to ryan's channel despite knowing he was banned for doing something quite serious. That ain't allowed, and the fact he was willingly re-added not only provokes that kind of behaviour, but shows how those involved truly feel about this situation.