Author Topic: Make the BM Great Again  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Ryan10000

• "If you kill a gansta, you is a gangsta"
    • View Profile
Make the BM Great Again
« on: June 29, 2020, 11:37:01 PM »
1. Is your idea logical? Yes
2. Could it be done easily? Yes
3. Has something like it been done before? Not that I'm aware of.
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Not that I'm aware of.

In my years on MCP, the BM has been dead. I only remember of 1 person who actually used the BM stalls, and that person eventually closed shop.

My suggestion is simple; Disallow contraband to be sold from any plots/cells inside of the prison and only allow players to sell contraband from a BM stall. Though this would not stop player to player sales, this is aimed at chest shops. Contraband meaning all drugs, weapons, chain mail armor, negative potions, drug making materials such as sickles, premake, etc.

Enforcement would be something that is easy to do. Perhaps a smallish fine, or confiscate the item(s) from the shop. Perhaps other enforcement ideas should be made considering I doubt the wardens want to check plots for violations. 

I believe this would enhance the prison atmosphere and make the BM relevant again.

I will admit this isn't a pressing issue and is very low on the totem pole of things to change, it is just something I have been pondering for a bit about.

I know there is a new version on the horizon, so this suggestion is obviously irrelevant if the new map will not have a black market.

Offline poophead

• your mom
    • View Profile
Re: Make the BM Great Again
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 08:06:55 AM »
Agreed. I have always liked the concept of the BM, but it is a bit sad that nobody uses it.

Offline Squigga_

• Y O T E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 09:04:07 AM »
yeah i wouldn't be comfortable with guards having perms to open my chests. Thats just item theft waiting to happen

Offline pb64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 09:44:55 AM »
I love this idea, I've thought about it in the past but never said anything bc i was to lazy but I two miss the old black market actually being used  but now there is no purpose because everything can be sold right at your plot that aren't exactly in high demand

yeah i wouldn't be comfortable with guards having perms to open my chests. Thats just item theft waiting to happen

I don't believe that was part of the suggestion but like he said wardens would be a good way to check us on the selling of contraband or guards can have a report contraband system and a player can just not have there reports build up because of different guards seeing it and they get like a 5 day period to remove their shop after the fine

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 11:43:50 AM »
+1 good idea

idk if it's possible but maybe make it so you can place shop signs without a fee down there too

Offline Squigga_

• Y O T E
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 11:52:38 AM »
i would love for the bm to be useful though along with cells, thats the only issue i have with this old school esque prison

Offline Hypogre

• Suicide is the way in my eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 12:48:55 PM »
if we did this why not add a PVP aspect into the black market to make it feel more prison like, obviously no guards.
Edicius
<--------

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 01:03:10 PM »
put a black market parkour down there and it'll get some traffic

Offline LaughNgamez

• Administrator
  • One does not simply quit MCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 01:04:31 PM »
Find a good way to implement it cleanly and we'll do it.

BM -> No one uses
No BM -> Why no BM
Re add BM -> No one uses
No BM -> No one uses

Literally gone through this like 3 times
???

Offline DogTag93

• I'm a builder, I build things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 01:40:21 PM »
I think the only way to implement this cleanly is to disable chest shops on plots. I'm not sure if you can do that via regions unless we set the sign cap to 0 on plots.

Offline ItsKelinu

• Make like a tree, and fuck off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 02:09:52 PM »
I think the only way to implement this cleanly is to disable chest shops on plots. I'm not sure if you can do that via regions unless we set the sign cap to 0 on plots.
as ryan said, if you are caught with a chest shop on your plot you can be fined or the items could get confiscated. i dont think setting the sign limit to 0 would be any fun

The Reformed One

Offline Hypogre

• Suicide is the way in my eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 09:47:48 PM »
yea i think BM should be only to sell items, no chest shops on plots
Edicius
<--------

Offline Squigga_

• Y O T E
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 01:56:17 AM »
as ryan said, if you are caught with a chest shop on your plot you can be fined or the items could get confiscated. i dont think setting the sign limit to 0 would be any fun
I actually enjoy this idea quite a bit, but my only stipulation would be only making us go to bm for contraband items. Hence the whole black market meaning. Normal items should be able to be sold on plots. Makes more sense that way Imo

Offline Ryan10000

• "If you kill a gansta, you is a gangsta"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 02:23:26 AM »
I actually enjoy this idea quite a bit, but my only stipulation would be only making us go to bm for contraband items. Hence the whole black market meaning. Normal items should be able to be sold on plots. Makes more sense that way Imo

I never suggested removing the ability to sell normal, non-contraband items on plots or from cells. This suggestion is merely for contraband. In a prison meta it doesn't really make sense to allow contraband to be sold within the prison. Hence why the "Black Market" exists, to sell nefarious items. Guards also aren't allowed in the BM which makes sense for it's purpose.

Implementing the punishment system is the only difficult part, because having Wardens search plots is a waste of time, however I don't think anyone besides admins should be able to access plots without permission.

I do like the idea someone suggested of enabling pvp within the BM, I think that would be neat. It would add some risk to do "illegal" things.

Offline waterchlolo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 09:52:14 AM »

we need our signs. Parkour #420