Author Topic: Riot Baton  (Read 216 times)

Offline Dragon1240

• Regular + Edit
  • The One, The Only, The Obese Kid.
    • View Profile
Riot Baton
« on: June 17, 2020, 08:27:15 PM »
Give riots guards a "Riot Baton" which is just a stick with Knockback 3-4, this way in a mass riot the guard can knock the prisoners back to give the guard a chance to recoup or gapple. Could also be used to help keep rioters that are fleeing from pvp from going into a safezone.
No singing in Communist MCP Kappa

F

"I don't think it's Dragon, I think he is just being retarded as usual." - zs471 4/26/2017

You will be remembered zs471, F.

You know I was actually just thinking to myself, 'You know who would be a good guard?' Then it came to me. Obviously Dragon1240 would be a good guard. +1

Offline Deconris

• daddys home
    • View Profile
Re: Riot Baton
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 08:50:02 PM »
that's just going to make guards more of a sissy than they already are

guards already run around the prison during riots, and when they die they just sit in spawn for 30 minutes. Giving them a "riot baton" is just going to break prison pvp even more.

Offline LaughNgamez

• Administrator
  • One does not simply quit MCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 08:56:25 PM »
sounds very very frustrating to play against
???

Offline Dragon1240

• Regular + Edit
  • The One, The Only, The Obese Kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 08:58:39 PM »
that's just going to make guards more of a sissy than they already are

guards already run around the prison during riots, and when they die they just sit in spawn for 30 minutes. Giving them a "riot baton" is just going to break prison pvp even more.
The whole point is to give guards an actual chance during the mass 1v2 or 1v3s, depending on current buffs. This would encourage guards to take up these fights more commonly.  Currently we have to run because that would be the only chance we get to actually survive and fight, because running gives us the chance to gapple and regen what little health we already have. With this we would be able to take more of a beating and then it might actually come down to armor durability and more or less skill than it being just an absolute butt touching moment for the guard.
No singing in Communist MCP Kappa

F

"I don't think it's Dragon, I think he is just being retarded as usual." - zs471 4/26/2017

You will be remembered zs471, F.

You know I was actually just thinking to myself, 'You know who would be a good guard?' Then it came to me. Obviously Dragon1240 would be a good guard. +1

Offline ItsKelinu

• Make like a tree, and fuck off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 09:11:15 PM »
or maybe to knock the prisoners away from the safe zone since they all just want to sit right on the edge and wait for us to knock them in to eat some gaps

The Reformed One

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »
I would love the opportunity to be sensually smacked by [Beast_Master]Dragon1240's riot baton  emotTHEDREAM

Offline Cinnarolls1

• that escalated fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 11:31:50 AM »
If it were me, I would be super upset if this kept happening and the guard drops are as they are now. If the guard drops got better, the baton would be a perfect match.
yeah okay, i love avatar: the last airbender. what's your point?

Offline serrian_

• Serrian here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 11:49:37 AM »
Guards really have one sole job. To Die. Stop trying to avoid or prolong the inevitable.
" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown

Offline Ryan10000

• "If you kill a gansta, you is a gangsta"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 02:07:27 PM »
Bad idea

What needs to happen is prisoners need to be punished more harshly for safezoning/teleporting away from a fight during a riot.

These fights usually contain 6-10 prisoners and all but 2 or 3 end up running away the second more than 1 guard gets on.

In a real prison punishments are harsher for those participating in a riot. The current system rewards people for starting a riot and running away when they know they're going to lose. Make running away have a harsher penalty and you wont need a stupid baton to control a riot.

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 02:26:34 PM »
I think a lot of the problems with people safezoning would be solved if hitreg worked as intended