Author Topic: a bunch of stuff  (Read 129 times)

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
a bunch of stuff
« on: May 13, 2020, 09:37:25 AM »
After playing again for about a month, here are some things I think would be cool if added/tweaked:
(I might have mentioned some of these elsewhere but I'm gonna make an official post cause why the hell not)

1. Guards drops
  • It feels underwhelming when you kill a guard and the rewards from killing a guard (so far from what i've gotten) makes it not worth it. You could maybe add a custom item that drops when a guard dies. The items could culminate into something larger, kind of like the shards system, where once you collect enough you can get something really nice.
  • --> Or it could be a trophy system, something like C Guard badges... head guard badges, etc. Either way, even if they do nothing, it would be very cool to get a trophy for killing a guard and then hang it up in your plot to show you've murdered big boss ryan before

2. Gangs/Leaderboard
  • A leaderboard that displays the faction with the most guard kills.
  • The top faction members could receive a special high risk status or something. Maybe the additional status increases probability for nicer guard drops.

3. Bounties
  • I heard Jerehh talk about this once and thought it was cool
  • This could work in two ways: players can put bounties on players with a promised cash reward, or head-guards can put bounties on players.
  • In scenario 1, it's straightforward, and if you have the money to back it up, it would be as simple as /placebounty Girlsrock513 100000.
  • In scenario 2, it could work well in the leaderboard idea, where headguards can only place bounties on high risk status players who are known rioters. Would have a max amount of bounties guards can set at a given time to minimize abuse of it.
  • The only issue with this is it could obviously be abused, ex. Girlsrock513 could get her friends to murder her to farm bounty cash. if this idea is intriguing maybe i'll put some more time into working out a solution

4. Quests
  • Gives something for Wardens to do.
  • Monthly, or maybe biweekly quests: design a scavenger hunt of sorts, could be in the free world or both the free world or prison, etc... Could range from a ton of stuff, here's some ideas:
  • A guard has a chance to drop a special, limited time map during a new quest update. Map leads to hidden treasure in the free world or in the prison, or the map itself is a clue to a new map hidden elsewhere, ultimately leading to a treasure item.
  • literally just announce that there's a giant duck hidden somewhere underground in the free world (with X limited-time vintage item) and start hiding hints throughout the prison.. ex. what biome it's in, +/- coordinate values..
  • Yall can really get creative with this which is the cool part. I think this could be really fun for the wardens and players.
where did Warden astral go

Offline Ryan10000

• "If you kill a gansta, you is a gangsta"
    • View Profile
Re: a bunch of stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 11:56:29 AM »
I think bounties would be a really good idea, but I think there are too many kinks to realistically iron out. MCP doesn't have a big enough player base/pvp base to support the need for a bounty plugin. Plus, 70% of regulars have pvp toggle and it would be impossible to claim the bounty anyway. 

Offline LaughNgamez

• Administrator
  • One does not simply quit MCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 02:08:36 PM »
1. I agree! Guard drops do need to be buffed

2. Gangs/Leaderboards would be great, but it is tricky to set something like this up. So soonTM

3 & 4. Both of these things would need to be implemented well to come off as decent content. As we've got a lot of other priorities probably not.
???

Online DogTag93

• I'm a builder, I build things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 06:08:57 PM »
3. I think bounties on rival faction members by faction leaders would be less likely to be abused. In addition, after capturing the kill, the faction instead of the player gets the money.

4. Good idea but suggest it again in the future.

Offline Cinnarolls1

• that escalated fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 06:00:09 PM »
this sounds really fun. it would bring a lot more pvp to the server and keep players coming in.
"today is going to be a good day and here's why. because today, today at least you're you and that's enough."

Offline 7ywatson

• “mayobagels”
    • View Profile
    • cdgs
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 09:06:23 PM »
These are great ideas bob.

Offline serrian_

• Serrian here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 12:34:24 PM »
Would welcome all of theses with open arms. Definitely would add a lot of incentives to play.
" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 08:13:03 AM »
adding on to the faction/gang war idea:

could split the prison into different areas/territories that factions can take over
  • guards would own all of them by default
  • killing guards grants the faction territory points? which they can spent to claim prison territories
  • maybe add a bonus number of points for killing a faction member that owns a territory
  • owning a territory gives perks to the faction... perks can scale.. ex. owning 1 territory= 1.15x more vote points from voting; 2 territories= ...etc

area would be places like C block, B block, courtyard... even cell blocks maybe

would probably have to add a decay effect as to not inflate points. so each faction must kill a certain number of guards to surpass, or avoid losing all of their territory points. would have a base value to maintain above before losing the territory back to the guards. the more territories a faction owns the higher the maintenance cost.

^^
introduces more prison activity, player rivalries, diverse playerbase, more incentive to pvp, gives purpose to killing guards
where did Warden astral go