Author Topic: MCP Crate Index  (Read 158 times)

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
MCP Crate Index
« on: September 30, 2020, 07:48:31 AM »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRCBq5HxlbzegFluuBuc5A8fC1OIoL6iEa6AU6py2dUaoZzST5CaQiY7RmYTbRVc2CuyaqOvmzdkfeV/pubhtml#

A group of us has been recently logging crate drops into an index, complete with live stats and item drop probabilities. As of 2020/09/30 there are over 1500 recorded drops, and some coherent stats are being generated. I figure that in the spirit of the community, we ought to make this information public in case anyone is ever curious as to what their chances will be if they wish to gamble with crates!
Stats, probabilities, and graphs are all automatically updated as new entries come in. The more entries that are logged, the more accurate the stats become.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this project (in no particular order):
- pointlessbob
- _Pingus_
- Yummy_Melonz
- supersilly845
- Yozu
- Tysun
- Cinnarolls1
- poophead
- GoldMusicN3rd
- Icycrevasse
- lordkillgoree
- SuperGoldenMario
- ItsKelinu
- jadenz

If I forgot your name for some reason let me know and I'll credit you in the comments.
I can answer any questions about methodology, how to navigate the sheet, and any interesting findings in the comments as well.

If you aren't apart of the index and want to contribute, contact pointlessbob to see how you can help out.

Offline LaughNgamez

• Administrator
  • One does not simply quit MCP
    • View Profile
Re: MCP Crate Index
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 08:41:04 PM »
Holy fuck this is impressive and the "Nothing :(" could actually help me isolate that bug.
???

Offline DogTag93

• I'm a builder, I build things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 08:56:49 PM »
This is why the MCP community rocks.

Offline Squigga_

• Y O T E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 09:24:13 PM »
ill send you my list aswell Bobby.

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 08:52:08 AM »
something to mention:

in order to make the percentages as accurate as possible:

we can't add stuff to the index from memory. ex: If you remember getting Killah's heart, 5 creeper shards, and $100,000 from Alpha, we can't add that. Everything and anything added has to be opened and recorded in an unbiased way. Old lists will only be accepted if the player confidently recorded every crate they opened since starting their list (w/o any gaps in recording).

so basically, to ensure any future data is accurate, just send literally every crate drop from hereon out to bob (if you want to contribute)

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »
Holy fuck this is impressive and the "Nothing :(" could actually help me isolate that bug.

if you're looking to isolate the nothing drop, we can add that whenever it happens, you can hear 3 items being dispensed (but nothing actually comes out)

Offline LaughNgamez

• Administrator
  • One does not simply quit MCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 04:18:14 AM »

if you're looking to isolate the nothing drop, we can add that whenever it happens, you can hear 3 items being dispensed (but nothing actually comes out)

How has no one told me there's a sound and 3 drops over all these years.
???