Dragon1240's Ideas to save MCP
Dragon1240’s New and Improved PVP System to Save MCP (Basically a cumulation of a lot of ideas from other people with my own twist thrown in there)

Disclaimer: This would change a lot on MCP and require a complete map reset if done and although some people might not like it, I don't like having a server that I call my own and having noone to play with. Also I made a seperate post that way it didn't flood the other post and the other post with peoples' replies.

Main Changes:
Complete removal of custom crate items that affect PvP
Removal of PvP Toggle
Removal of Custom Enchanting System
Removal of Prot 5/Unbreaking 10
Either implement vanilla enchanting or something like it that has vanilla restrictions
Enable combining of armor via anvil
Give each player a Robust Value to determine certain guard buffs
Removal of drugs / clear tutorial
Addition of a bounty system

One of the main reasons that players right now do not frequently pvp is because, “they have too much to lose,” as Jerehh stated previously it is too hard to gain these custom crate items that these players use in PvP so they will very rarely engage in a fight unless they know they can win and if they are about to lose they will just safezone. This system is heavily some risk high reward. If we remove all the custom crate items that affect pvp and make the highest level of gear someone can get P4 UNBR 3 then for the most part it will come down to use of pots, skill, and durability. This is the classic pvp that most players are familiar with and thrive for, when you throw in all these custom crate items then people will get scared and not fight because they know they cannot win. This also includes Warden, Silas, Zeedin, Geonat, etc. Because people will not fight a fight they know they cannot win. (Unless their name is Nator27)
I’m not saying to completely remove custom crate items but those that directly affect PvP. Such players can request a change in how their item works instead of completely removing it.

2. Despite people having paid for it all of the previous Non-Op Prison servers are known for how rough it is to rank up and having to high tail it from mine to shop because they did not have PvP toggle. Players would have to time when they ran across the prison and had to hope that there was nobody waiting beside the entrance. This encourages more people to either get good gear and learn how to fight or be left in the dust. You can give players who bought it either grinders, disguises, or something else of equivalent value to make up for it. There is no adrenaline rush then having to run across C-Block from the mine to the bank as you watch two dudes in prot 4 behind you chasing you with your buttcheeks puckering.

3. Get rid of MCP’s custom enchanting system, this will no longer allow players to get the P5 UNBR 10 armor that is the only set of armor that has a chance against Silas and Zeedin rather than those sets.
3.1 As mentioned before, if the highest gear you can get is Prot 4 UNBR 3 instead of Prot 5 Unbreaking 10 then there would be a lot more fighting going on instead of grinding to get the only set on the server and you become a god until somebody else with a set of balls uses their Silas or their own OP set to kill you.
3.2 The vanilla enchanting system is already good, it does not allow the implement of multiple protection armor like MCP currently does, it is capped at P4 Unbreaking 3 and would fix a lot of problems that has to do with how hard it is to get a good set of armor which is why people don’t pvp once they have it. Or atleast make a custom one that does this and get rid of all the new BS enchantments.
3.3 Allow the use of anvils for combining armors, this would make getting a set of P4 Unbreaking 3 easier but still a grind, as well as allow the combination of enchanted books from fishing this would put a more emphasis on something to do.

4. The Robust Value (It is just a basic name for now)
The problem with MCPs current guard buff system is that it just takes into account for the amount of players on MCP and not the gear they have. If there are 20 C-Blockers on with starter jumpsuits then the guards could probably kill all of them, but if there are two dudes in Silas or decent armor that know how to use coke then the guard is toast. Which is why the system needs to look at the gear of the players rather than the players themselves. It would give a player a Robust Value based on what is the best set of gear in their inventory (This is to avoid players breaking the system by wearing junk right until they fight a guard) They get 1 point for everyone protection they have on a diamond piece, so if you have one diamond chestplate with protection 4 you would have a robust value of 4. .75 points for every protection on iron, .50 for gold and chainmail, and .25 for leather. It will only judge the greater robust value piece per armor slot, so if you have a iron helmet with prot 4 with a value of 3 robust points or a diamond helmet with prot 2 and only 2 robust points, your robust value for the helmet slot will be the iron helmet with 3. As for thorns it will be .50 robust value for every level on every piece, regardless of grade, and unbreaking will also be .50 robust value for every level on every piece regardless of grade. As Well as for swords, for each level of sharpness on a diamond sword it will be one robust point, and one point for each level of fire aspect on every grade of sword.

The highest robust value that someone can have wearing a P4 UNBR 3 THNS 3 set is 28 (22 without thorns) so if somebody has a robust value of above 16 the system would detect that this player hit said guard, this player has a robust value of 16.5 so the system would give the guard strong enough buffs to be able to fight back but not still be insanely OP.  Just taking armor and weapon into account here, not buffs, this encourages players to use potions more openly as it would give them an advantage.

If a guard is fighting multiple players then it can add buffs accordingly to the robust value of all the players.

Although it would take a lot of work to get it to work it would solve the guards either being too strong or too weak problem.

5. The problem with drugs (especially cocaine) is that the only tutorials for them is how to make them, none of how to use them correctly, how addiction works, how values work, so people are uneducated except for the few that know how to use them and are able to dominate the pvp scene with no armor and a diamond pickaxe. (Looking at you Jerehh) Either make a clear tutorial that explains everything and would give everybody the same opportunity or completely remove drugs, currently all people use them for is to make huge farms and make money, or just be insanely overpowered in PvP. There might be a middle ground to this and redo drug effects but it is up the players.

6. Make it more worthwhile to kill players and guards, the more guards that a player kills the more the bounty on their head will increase, this bounty can be claimed by other players or by a guard when said player is killed. To prevent players from just having their friends kill them to claim there bounty, there needs to be a safeguard around this, as to safeguard it, make it a punishable offense for the time being while we develop a safeguard.

The whole point of this is that it gives players something to do. They can constantly be grinding for more and more armor sets because it will be alright to lose them, once a player gets a good set of armor like Silas or P5 they have no need to grind anymore. They already have the best set in the game and there are very few people that have the gear to fight and beat them and then the people that do have the gear to go against them don’t have the nerve to fight them. If everybody has the same armor and people are losing sets a lot more then people will always have something to do by grinding and getting more sets. When new people join the server they might learn about all this new stuff and not think of it as truly non-op prisons and leave. This would attract new players and give players something to do. Also allow players to buy sets from the shop like on the Hardcore server you can buy armor, make it fairly expensive though but not too expensive so it still encourages the grinding aspect but if you need to buy some armor you can.

signature

(Apr 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:No singing in Communist MCP Kappa

F

"I don't think it's Dragon, I think he is just being retarded as usual." - zs471 4/26/2017

You will be remembered zs471, F.

(Sep 24th, 2017, 09:25 AM)zs471 link Wrote:You know I was actually just thinking to myself, 'You know who would be a good guard?' Then it came to me. Obviously Dragon1240 would be a good guard. +1
Also please fix hit detection too, with as much money that Mattmab has donated there should be enough for a better host

signature

(Apr 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:No singing in Communist MCP Kappa

F

"I don't think it's Dragon, I think he is just being retarded as usual." - zs471 4/26/2017

(Sep 24th, 2017, 09:25 AM)zs471 link Wrote:You know I was actually just thinking to myself, 'You know who would be a good guard?' Then it came to me. Obviously Dragon1240 would be a good guard. +1

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
All of them are great ideas, although the robust value thing is insanely hard to code. Not even sure how you can do that, that would take an INSANE amount of effort to create. Although besides that everything is spot on.

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]
+1 Just want a vanilla server. Plus instead of working on fixing everything and balancing there would be more time to work on server wide events, restructuring the map...etc

signature

" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown
Everyone on the server is scared of losing their stuff and when they do they get too upset. I heard that jereh killed sting and sting said "I'm done" or "I quit" if I'm correct. While it may be valuable if it wasn't insanely hard to get it wouldn't be as much of a deal. there is no way to really grind on mcp without doing it for days. While I don't know if sting has quit (Hope not) this is how most mcp players will react to dying. As I will agree that the new enchantment system for Minecraft can be OP I believe we could find or make a plugin that reverts back to plain ol' vanilla enchanting.  Prison servers are all about keeping everything going in circles.

signature

1v1 me in Rocket League
(May 29th, 2019, 11:27 AM)Hypogre link Wrote: Everyone on the server is scared of losing their stuff and when they do they get too upset. I heard that jereh killed sting and sting said "I'm done" or "I quit" if I'm correct. While it may be valuable if it wasn't insanely hard to get it wouldn't be as much of a deal. there is no way to really grind on mcp without doing it for days. While I don't know if sting has quit (Hope not) this is how most mcp players will react to dying. As I will agree that the new enchantment system for Minecraft can be OP I believe we could find or make a plugin that reverts back to plain ol' vanilla enchanting.  Prison servers are all about keeping everything going in circles.

this seems like a good time to address jerehh killing me and my "I quit" statement.

I 100% overreacted to what happened . while it was justified partially in the fact i lost 8mil of items (jerehh sold everything to make a total of 8mil) I shouldn't of said i was going to quit. I do feel that fear of losing items does have an effect on whether people pvp or not. Its not the main reason, and removing the fun collectable items would be the last thing i think should happen to mcp. Also don't take what people say within 24 hours of losing 100s  of hours of work and luck as anything more then extreme rage talking. Everyone has said they quit at some point or another, and only Usonic has actually stuck to that out of everyone who has.
(May 29th, 2019, 12:36 PM)stinglikebeedril link Wrote: [quote author=Hypogre link=topic=6243.msg38415#msg38415 date=1559154479]
Everyone on the server is scared of losing their stuff and when they do they get too upset. I heard that jereh killed sting and sting said "I'm done" or "I quit" if I'm correct. While it may be valuable if it wasn't insanely hard to get it wouldn't be as much of a deal. there is no way to really grind on mcp without doing it for days. While I don't know if sting has quit (Hope not) this is how most mcp players will react to dying. As I will agree that the new enchantment system for Minecraft can be OP I believe we could find or make a plugin that reverts back to plain ol' vanilla enchanting.  Prison servers are all about keeping everything going in circles.
I’m not suggesting removing all the fun collectible armor, just the ones that heavily influence PvP.

this seems like a good time to address jerehh killing me and my "I quit" statement.

I 100% overreacted to what happened . while it was justified partially in the fact i lost 8mil of items (jerehh sold everything to make a total of 8mil) I shouldn't of said i was going to quit. I do feel that fear of losing items does have an effect on whether people pvp or not. Its not the main reason, and removing the fun collectable items would be the last thing i think should happen to mcp. Also don't take what people say within 24 hours of losing 100s  of hours of work and luck as anything more then extreme rage talking. Everyone has said they quit at some point or another, and only Usonic has actually stuck to that out of everyone who has.
[/quote]

signature

F

Utilize the hub and split MCP into MCP and MCP Classic for those who prefer each one.

Also I didn't see anything about my pixelmon prison idea in here?????

signature

[Image: wGNJe78.png]
[Image: fde7785abc1392076c4a6dd643840c88.png]