The Escape Rope! Idea for Mae's donor Item
1. Is your idea logical? I believe it is.
2. Could it be done easily? It wouldn't be any harder than making any other donor item.
3. Has something like it been done before? I am not aware of any item that currently does what I'm about to explain.
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Not that I'm aware of.

The idea I have is an escape rope which is inspired by the the Pokemon franchise. One would use this lead to get out of bleak situations such as pvp, player vs mob or just falling in lava or the void (if you manage that).

There are a couple of different ways I think this idea can be implemented.

1.  The item passively works as long as you have it in your hand or offhand, and when you reach something like .5 - 2 heart it will teleport you to safety. (heart range is up for change)

2. The item will require you to activate it to work so you may use it whenever you want.

Balancing Item: There will have to be some type of cool down on this item to avoid something that is way to over powered. Maybe every couple of hours to an hour perhaps. Whether or not this item will require certain consumed items to function will be left for Silas to decide.

Another way it could be balanced is just having the item be consumed upon use, that way it cannot be spammed unfairly.

For where it would actually teleport you I was thinking simply making the current /spawn the place it would take you but if you really wanted to you could make it so one of your /sethomes would be the safe destination or even have a command that gives you a custom location as your teleport destination.  All up for Silas to decide.

TLBig GrinR

Item Idea: Escape roap from a Lead

Implementation: Passively works open damage taken vs Upon Activation

Balancing: Consider Item cool down and/or required items or Item consumption.

Teleport location. /spawn or /sethome or /customlocation

~Please give constructive criticism about this item only~

All other inquiries please go make your own topic. 

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
Enable totems of undying and get pretty much the same result

signature

F
LSI: http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3689.0.html
[Image: eL04gJk.png]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
very limited supply of totems so it would be nice to have this item that is endless to use.

signature

[Image: ackVMXt.png]
(Oct 15th, 2017, 11:04 AM)cougarboy link Wrote: Enable totems of undying and get pretty much the same result
never going to happen as totems arent disabled. They aren't in the version of minecraft MCP runs and Silas has said he will only update if he HAS to.

signature

[Image: GcYiQ0T.png]
[Image: BgdujAZ.png]
If this happens it should be name Merlin's Rope and the lore should say you preformed a magic trick.... maybe have a the chat say something

signature

[Image: 9aabf691e1dff868f2587373a1555d92.png]
-1 if you're on fire and you teleport you still die, unless you want to add a healing component which is OP.  Teleporting out of pvp for me is just like logging out, you can't handle you dying so you become a coward and tp away.  I'm my opinion we don't any more pvp items.  I think there's now like 20 pvp items and this is not an op server sorry.  -1 

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
feel like there would be lots of complications with it as well when it comes to the timing of it and whilst taking void or falling dmg tping away wouldnt negate that so you would still die upon tp. As well as how to set the tp point too would be something you would have to consider

signature

[Image: ackVMXt.png]
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm going to attempt to counter the criticism of this item.

1. Squigga - Even though the rope in practicality is very similar to the totem, the totem does not teleport you away from danger it  simply gives you another chance to pvp in the situation you are currently in. So even if the server gets updated and we get totems there will still be a use for the rope. Besides totems might be to op as it is and I would not be surprise if Silas disables them.

2.  Ovie - Depending on what you are wearing and where you teleport could change whether or not you still die from effects. I wouldn't want the rope to heal you, I personally think that would be to much as well. Instead I would opt for the rope to detect and use the /sethome "home" as it's first teleport location. That way you can setup a pool and/or beacon to keep you alive if you are suffering from burning, poison or wither. If you don't have a "home" sethome it would simply teleport you to spawn, unless Silas would want to create a custom teleport spot for the rope or create a command that lets you chose where you teleport which might be too much work. I do think avoiding pvp is a downside to this item but implementing a large cooldown, the item being consumed or a high price to use this item would negate the op and spammability.  We may or may not have to many pvp items on this server. I honestly don't pvp much so I wouldn't know.  Thanks for your opinion! but I'm going to let Silas decide though.

3.  Squigga - the void issue could be solved by just being triggered by a height level but the damage you take from falling could be a tricky one. For this I could only think of three solutions. The best solution I would have for falling damage is you still simply die and the item does nothing for you. This item it really meant to get you out of a bad situation and usually when you fall it's because of user error. I guess if the item is active not just passive you could use it before you hit the ground. If this item is used passively the only other choices would be it would detect how many blocks you've fallen and after so many it teleports you away. This would suck if you were wearing good armor with fall protection, knowing you'd make a jump okay but the item teleporting you anyways not being programmed for ever type of armor, that would be the drawback. The last option would be making you technically invincible while the rope has a valid activation (has valid items to be used and not currently on cooldown.) of course you could still take damage but once you hit a threshold you'd be teleported away and the invincibility taken away. This would fix a couple other issues as well but just being invincible by holding an item does seem to much which is why I would opt for fall damage just simply killing you.

I did want to mention is a way to overcome this item. Like I said before, above in the original post that the item would work between .5 hearts and 2 hearts. If you managed to deal 3 hearts of damage at 3 hearts you would be able to overcome the trigger of the item and it would lead to the death of the holder(range of hearts can be changed for balancing). I want the item to passively protect you but not from everything. Of course you could always actively use the item if you think you are going to die, that's up to the user if Silas makes this item passive and active or simply one of the two.

Another way this item could be balanced being passive is instead of it having a threshold at a low health level, it would detect a massive amount of damage such as 4 or 5 or hearts in one moment that doesn't kill you and then teleports you away. This would mean the item's passive would become useless for two somewhat evenly matched opponents only dealing .5 to 2 hearts of damage at a time.  At this moment the item would be more in favor of lower level players especially if the item doesn't have an active and only works passively.

Again thanks for the feedback! I hope these are things that can be considered.

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]