/Map Bug
What is the bug: When you do /map it says it displays mobs, factions, and players. When in fact it only displays players. This needs to be fixed immediately and is unacceptable.
FeelsBadMan.jpeg
https://gyazo.com/e1d5104411acf14b76c96ffe3aef9e6b
Where is this bug located: /map
How can we recreate it: Do /map
I've been experiencing this bug for awhile and I also think it's game-breaking. Hopefully it gets fixed soon so newer players are not confused.
This is a leftover menu item that hasn't been changed yet. Last map the free world was infinite. In this version of MCP, to conserve on data storage the free world has a boundary that will only let you go so far. To my understanding faction bases and players have been hidden to encourage people to use the free world. If players and bases weren't hidden they would be too easy to find thus discouraging for anyone to do anything in the free world.

It does displays the players currently online but it will not display player locations and I'm pretty sure for as long as I've been on MCP I've never seen it display mobs.

A very noteworthy observation though.

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
I know that lol. I'm just stating that they should get rid of the other part with the factions. Been on this server for a while.
(Apr 7th, 2018, 06:24 PM)cwpsteelers link Wrote: What is the bug: When you do /map it says it displays mobs, factions, and players. When in fact it only displays players. This needs to be fixed immediately and is unacceptable.
FeelsBadMan.jpeg
https://gyazo.com/e1d5104411acf14b76c96ffe3aef9e6b
Where is this bug located: /map
How can we recreate it: Do /map

As dogtag mentioned, players locations were turned off due to the size of the current map since the reset. But they will still show on the right hand side.

Also great observation but I hinted a bit of rudeness towards the end there..

(Apr 7th, 2018, 08:38 PM)Ryan10000 link Wrote: I've been experiencing this bug for awhile and I also think it's game-breaking. Hopefully it gets fixed soon so newer players are not confused.

my question for you is, why didn't you report this when you first experienced it? since you say you have been experiencing this bug for a while now! Can't fix things that haven't been reported.

(Apr 7th, 2018, 11:36 PM)DogTag93 link Wrote: It does displays the players currently online but it will not display player locations and I'm pretty sure for as long as I've been on MCP I've never seen it display mobs.

Mobs use to show on the map in before the reset. I myself haven't been out in the free world long enough to notice if they appear on the map or not.
Please chill and don't take this post so seriously. Yes it is a bug, but I was joking around when I said this is unacceptable lmao.
Omg, very true, this bug has been confusing me for a while. Gets me every time.

signature

[Image: vGj99MJ.png]
[Image: NtbBLJ4.png]
(Apr 8th, 2018, 12:06 AM)cwpsteelers link Wrote: I know that lol. I'm just stating that they should get rid of the other part with the factions. Been on this server for a while.

Quickly looking over your profile information I had already gathered that you were an old-time player to come back and because of the reset I thought it was appropriate to inform you of the changes and explain why the bug occurred and I certainly wasn't trying to come off as condescending.

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
(Apr 8th, 2018, 11:02 AM)cwpsteelers link Wrote: Please chill and don't take this post so seriously. Yes it is a bug, but I was joking around when I said this is unacceptable lmao.

I never take forums seriously! Hence why there was a laugh of some sort in my sentence reply to you.
Whoops must of left the haha or lol out :/ only just realised.