Suggestions for PvP and guard changedCDGS is considered a prison experience, an
CDGS is considered a prison experience, and with all these safe zones hindering that, less and less player PVP has been happening. I believe that adding more of a dangerous aspect with the PvP zones would be a very effective method of helping the server. I'm going to propose a few ideas that I and a few others on the server have discussed over the past few days.

The major problem that I've seen is large groups of players all teaming up; while I believe this is a good part of the server's small and tight community, it stops many prisoners from fighting. Possibly scratching the factions plugin and using a more "gang" styled one, with limits to how many players can be in a gang together, could make it so that there is more to PvP than just ganging up on the poor C-Guard. Not everyone would instantly turn on their buddies to batch into smaller groups of around 3-4 players, but it is just an idea we're tossing around.

Guards are a considerable part of what makes this server what it is; it's a feature you often don't see within prison servers. Now that introductions are out of the way, I would like to pitch a few ideas on how to make Guards more interesting to the server, the first of which is adding more guard areas, like possible a "Head-Guard's Office" where being inside of it could give you some reward, or unique sell/buy sign. Still, it's a dangerous area to be in, you could get jumped by other prisoners, or if a guard sees you, he could kill you on sight. Or they are completing some task inside the guard's office, which would heed a nice reward to the player who completed it. The last and shakiest idea to change guarding is something I don't believe has ever been discussed before. Still, it's something I think gives guards another task to do, stashing all the confiscated drugs/weapons in the aforementioned guard's office. And one of the guard's jobs would be to check up on the office to make sure nobody is trying to take back the contraband; this one isn't as strong as my ideas, but it's something I've been thinking about.

Another idea that I've heard thrown about is having "Drug-Busts" or stopping the selling of drugs in the courtyard, which brings us to the black market, one of the most underused parts of the server. I believe in stopping the drug empire trade and making it possible for guards to confiscate drugs from shops if found, jail them, or permit guards to fine the player running the shop. Another idea related to the black market would be to make it a whole PvP zone, in shorter terms, so you can kill and be killed while inside it.

Now for the most controversial opinion that I have been thinking about, taking out almost all PvP zones. This would have to have tweaks around it; taking out every PvP zone on the server would not be great. Although Making most areas that were previously not PvP zones into them would make the prison aspect more realistic, as, in a regular prison, there are no "safe zones." Another idea that I had, which I believe might have been added, but have not checked up on, is being able to enable PvP in your plot. Now, this would have to have rules and regulations related to it, such as obviously, you can't just make a trap and lure players in and trap them; there would have to be a way out of the plot.

The last thing I would like to say before I end this off is about the current issue with hits registering on players. Being a guard on the server, I would know more than most about the problems with "Hit-reg." It is challenging to fight with other prisoners or guards on the server when only 1/10 hits that you made on a player affect them. It's one of those things that has been discussed for a long time that has most likely been looked at but never fixed. I have no idea how one would go upon improving the registering of hits, but what I do know is that the fix is possible, and I think PvP is a big part of the server that should be looked at by our favorite warden.

Ending this off, I would love to see any other ideas or suggestions from other players.

signature

I had a stroke reading this but go off

signature

where did Warden astral go
(Mar 28th, 2022, 06:41 AM)Lord63 link Wrote:
Now for the most controversial opinion that I have been thinking about, taking out almost all PvP zones.

This is a good idea because it would eliminate the possibility of a guard safe zoning during a fight and calling PVP abuse on the person fighting that's still in the PVP zone.
(Mar 28th, 2022, 01:53 PM)Ryan10000 link Wrote: [quote author=Lord63 link=topic=6372.msg39104#msg39104 date=1648474911]
Now for the most controversial opinion that I have been thinking about, taking out almost all PvP zones.

This is a good idea because it would eliminate the possibility of a guard safe zoning during a fight and calling PVP abuse on the person fighting that's still in the PVP zone.
[/quote]
Absolutely, this would make stakes higher for many players.

signature