MCP Alert Weekly News
[align=center]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMbJUp-06e0[/youtube]

"Currently Not Denied, Status Pending Temporarily"

Was a phrase uttered by newly returned Warden Geonat on March 22nd, 2022, on long-time MCP player Cpt_PandaPantz’s moderator application. Cpt_PandaPantz joins 8 other moderator “candidates” since the reset. You may have noticed candidates in quotations because currently active MCP Owner Silas stated in the shoutbox on March 16th “We have no intention of accepting moderators right now”. Five of those applications were submitted before the statement by Silas was published.

Of the ones that came after his statement, two of them were new mod apps written less than two weeks from each members’ original mod app. These two players are ARL_Badger and DragonApex. Of the two remaining, one was written by LordKillgoree, a known member of the MCP community. When asked why she would post an app just 4 days after it was stated mods were not being hired, her response on MCP was, “is he not accepting mods atm?” and, “im not really on the discord so I didn’t see it”. An applicant for a staff position that does not pay attention to forms of player communication? Not surprising.

[Image: Ujbt8UJ.png]

The second applicant includes previous MCP mod Cpt_PandaPantz who has recently returned to MCP. The anonymous article writer has been threatened by Cpt_PandaPantz’s power in the past, when Panda threatened to ban the article writer when Panda failed to follow the correct format for player shops and ended up selling large quantities of golden apples for pennies per stack. Panda accused this player of scamming, and while this player didn’t cave into the overarching mod’s demands, the writer still feels that Panda is unfit for mod for trying to abuse power and threaten a new (at the time) player. This is not the first time Cpt_PandaPantz has been accused of overstepping her boundaries in the Moderator position. She, along with former Sr. Mod LittleLea, were both accused of overstepping in “The Shitshow of the 25th of June.” After threatening to ban a player who wrongfully received money from a trade and wouldn’t return it.

Though it appears Geo believes differently; Is he planning on accepting Panda when it has been made quite clear mods aren’t being accepted? Does Geo believe Panda is the mod we need? We players of MCP generally agree mods can be necessary to the proper functioning of the server, but is Panda of all people really the best candidate? Silas responded, “no comment” when asked what he thought about Warden Geonat writing that on Panda’s mod app while almost exclusively denying all other mod apps. Is there something behind the scenes going on that we do not know about? Could it have to do with the fact that Panda has donated multiple times in the short time she’s been back? Is there a secret aspiring relationship between Geo and Panda? Or is Geonat just trying to start drama as he’s similarly done recently? Only time will tell about the happenings of the infamous MCP staff.

-Sent In From An Anonymous Writer

Mega Plots Park:

With the Mega World starting to grow with Baron Ranked players on the hill have been calling for the area in the middle of the plots to be renovated into a park instead of the current overgrown mess that stands there currently. The three that live on the hill, zs471, DragonApex23, and Mitsuo_Wolfblood have gathered together in calling for the Wardens to take better care of the Mega Plot world, stating that they’ve paid good money to live there and it shouldn’t be overgrown with trees and tall grass. As of this writing the ball is in the Cities court.

[Image: JTmRm9y.png]

Dogtag Interview:

I'm glad you have taken the time out of your day in order to sit with us and answer some questions. MCP Alert and you haven't had the best of relationships but hopefully this interview will allow us to move past that. As this is your first time with us I'd like to welcome you to the MCP Alert Interview Room Dogtag, how are you doing today?

I'm doing fine this Sunday afternoon. I want to apologize for taking so long to make this interview; I've been extremely busy.

As someone who's "made it to the top" how have you kept yourself involved with the community?

As of late, probably not that well. The server was pretty ghostly before the reset. Most likely because we announced the v7 project early and never was able to deliver. The map is 99% done but the back end stuff that I don't know how to set up is where the problems lay.

Outside of keeping yourself involved with the player base how have you kept your motivation to continue playing the server all this time?

The community and network of friends really. Times in the world are worrying but something about jumping on MCP helps melt that away; It also helps after a long day of factory work.

In a past interview with the renowned, decorated Zs471, we asked how he felt MCP had developed in terms of creating friendships and bringing the players together. Do you think MCP still does a good job in bringing all these different players together and form lasting bonds? Are there players you have met and continue to play with outside of the server?

Currently I believe MCP maintains bonds between so many people who are old time players of MCP. However I don't see too many newer players who stick around anymore. That could be because I'm not making friends with them or they just don't stick around I don't know. Perhaps things will change now that Geonat is Warden once again. I can only hope for the best. I've been able to maintain a pretty constant friendship with a couple of players outside of MCP. Most notably Lordkillgoree, Pingu, Girlsrock, Cinna, Poophead & SuperSilly.

We asked earlier how you've kept yourself involved, what do you consider your favorite group project that's been done on the server? Are there any projects you felt fell through and could have been done better?

Uhm... Probably the picture framed rules in /info. It is terrible and should be removed or done better.

You've obviously talked to the higher powers of the server, breaking the fourth wall here hello Silas, what are your thoughts on how things are handled behind the scenes? Any improvements you could publicly state could be or should be improved to make MCP Great Again?

Well, I can't say I was around for MCP's hay days so in terms of what I think makes MCP great vs what the long-time player base thinks is great are two different things. I did ask a lot of players' opinions and tried to find a balance when creating the v7 project. Hit registration I think is a big issue Silas should take a more serious look at. PvP is probably the most essential part of a prison server and there have been probably 4 versions of v6 where people complain endlessly about it, I was hoping the v7 project could change at.

Are there any additions you would personally "LOVE" to bring into the server? Or do you feel your time on the server is in the past and you're ready to move on to things outside of the server? Hanging up your "Boots" in a way.

The v7 Project on 1.14.4 if the players like the map, and if they don't I can always change it. I also wanted to add custom items textures to all MCP related items. I have the majority of them textured but unless the version is 1.14 or above it won't happen. The resource pack would include things for factions and pvp, mostly cosmetic. I will still be around but I have a lot of things irl to deal with so I won't be incredibly active like I once was. I will still always be in reach on discord or other media.

War on Drugs:

Recently there has been an epidemic on the server regarding the use of drugs. A simple stroll through the courtyard slums will paint a large picture of the story. Multiple prisoners openly selling drugs to other prisoners. Despite numerous complaints from both inmates and Guards the city, Wardens, still haven’t taken any action against these players. No shops destroyed, no fines handed out. Nothing.

[Image: 96a1083b5ecfc636f707dc3205f50d46.png]

One would begin to ask why there is a black market if no players are using it to sell their contraband. There’s no downside to openly and brazenly selling their drugs to the general public, hooking newly joined C-Blockers on their drugs and never letting them go. Something serious should be done and these drug manufacturers and sellers should be punished and forced back into the black market where they belong. Fines should be handed out, shops should be destroyed, and the ones who are pushing this disgusting stuff onto the streets of MCP should be jailed.

#EndThePublicDrugTrade

MCP Alert Makes Announcements And More!!

Last week's edition of MCP Alert was honored with being posted in the #Announcements section of the Discord. Thank you to everyone who has continued to read the weekly server news.

[Image: 18fca78396f0041e2e146b25e371226e.png]

Continuing to grow MCP Alert, we have begun to consider a “preview” subscription of MCP Alert that would go out to all Newsletter subscribers that buy the subscription. A price hasn’t been decided yet however should enough people be interested in buying it the subscription service will be up by next week's issue.

Along with the MCP Alert Subscription as seen last week we have begun to advertise player shops around the server for a fee and will begin to accept sponsorships from players who wish to continue advertisement for a set amount of time, this includes a small advertisement in each weeks newsletter if you are interested please contact Mitsuo_Wolfblood in-game for further information.

Staff News:

With the continued influx of Moderator applications there have been a handful of Guard applications, the standout of which has been Hypogre’s Guard Application;

http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,6331.0.html

However others have submitted applications for the position. MondoChief, Mayobagel, and DaddyMuhammed. While all players have a chance of getting guard one players chances may have been shot down after returning Warden, Geonat, called Mayobagel out in the application for inactivity and a confirmed* use of an autoclicker.

“This is not likely to happen anymore due to inactivity, also confirmed use of autoclicker”

The hopeful Guard applicant soon responded back however stating while he agreed with the inactivity comment he wanted to know more about the “confirmed” use of autoclicker. When pressed on the issue he stated those who had accused him were simply wrong and he was in fact “Jitter clicking”

*Sources have not been fact checked and we were unable to reach the Warden for any further statements.

MondoChief Discord Token Shop:

This past week a new shop has popped up on the server buying Discord Tokens. 21000$ per token is more than a fair deal. However, the Discord plugin was down for the past day due to Silas error according to plugin Dev Ryan10000. The issue has been resolved and discord tokens are once more rolling into the server. While we don’t know how long this shop will be up and active, we can tell you that if you are interested in selling your tokens to do it now and earn some money! Located on the Corner plot of Courtyard outside of C-Block.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
I feel I have not received enough criticism in this. Needs more DragonApex23 hate next time.

signature

Just your friendly neighbourhood DragonApex23
Apologies to anon, if they had previously felt threatened by my 'power' in the past, I had no intention nor knowledge this is how they felt. I only recall the sideshow event and not the golden apple thing? But nonetheless, people do change and grow and that was a few years ago!

Juicy news as always!  snoopdawg
(Mar 25th, 2022, 05:54 PM)Cpt_PandaPantz link Wrote: Apologies to anon, if they had previously felt threatened by my 'power' in the past, I had no intention nor knowledge this is how they felt. I only recall the sideshow event and not the golden apple thing? But nonetheless, people do change and grow and that was a few years ago!

Juicy news as always!  snoopdawg

*shitshow event*
+1

signature

F
LSI: http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3689.0.html
[Image: eL04gJk.png]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Mar 25th, 2022, 05:33 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: With the continued influx of Moderator applications there have been a handful of Guard applications, the standout of which has been Hypogre’s Guard Application;

What a good section of MCP Alert

signature

1v1 me in Rocket League
(Mar 25th, 2022, 11:41 PM)Hypogre link Wrote: [quote author=mitsuo_wolfblood link=topic=6369.msg39083#msg39083 date=1648254793]

With the continued influx of Moderator applications there have been a handful of Guard applications, the standout of which has been Hypogre’s Guard Application;

[/quote]

How much did you pay to have this featured?

signature

???
(Mar 26th, 2022, 12:36 AM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: [quote author=Hypogre link=topic=6369.msg39089#msg39089 date=1648276916]
[quote author=mitsuo_wolfblood link=topic=6369.msg39083#msg39083 date=1648254793]

[/quote]

How much did you pay to have this featured?
[/quote]

I dont think you really wanna know... it costed quite a bit if you get me.... :WinkyFace:

signature

1v1 me in Rocket League
Nerf drugs

Mega park

Pixelmon on MCP

Profit?

signature

[Image: wGNJe78.png]
[Image: fde7785abc1392076c4a6dd643840c88.png]