Read the whole post before you comment
(Aug 29th, 2018, 01:32 PM)HeadlessCowboy link Wrote:I wouldn't mind help testing if any help is needed like a beta tester with the staff to testing everything.  As in, have the staff get access first, then the beta testers, and finally release the server. 
  The fist week it's out for everyone is usually the beta so everyone can be involved and find bugs that beta testers might not find if there were beta testers. 

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
(Aug 29th, 2018, 02:53 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote:[quote author=HeadlessCowboy link=topic=5861.msg35545#msg35545 date=1535574731]
I wouldn't mind help testing if any help is needed like a beta tester with the staff to testing everything.  As in, have the staff get access first, then the beta testers, and finally release the server. 
  The fist week it's out for everyone is usually the beta so everyone can be involved and find bugs that beta testers might not find if there were beta testers.
[/quote]

True; however, this gives even more of a safety net of a bug-free / abuse free server once it is ready so newcomers don't have to worry as much with the bugs/abuse that they stumble upon.  I remember reporting the A bank signs after the last reset and it took a while for the staff to fix it; however, I do know that they have much to do after a reset.  I also know this has a lot to do with trust in a person to help out and not abuse. 

Here is an idea that may get people wanting the reset and to upgrade your ranks:

How about 7 days before the launch of the server, barons get to see and test the server but nothing saves tell the server is launched. Then 6 for a citizen, 5 for free, 4 for E,  3 for A, 2 for B, 1 for C, and newcomers get to see the server live when the items count.  Maybe 10 days for people that have donated money to the server so they get the most testing.  This would make it so there would be a point in playing before the reset on the test server and new people can learn the ropes a little bit on the running server before it resets.  Maybe have a time frame for you to be able to lock in your spot to be able to beta test like 20 days before the reset so there is time to whitelist all of the people that have the certain ranks.  I know this won't be done but It could be useful to keep players and get new players during the transition,

Also, another suggestion would be is to disable /home <home name> while near enemy faction members.  Yes, now you can tp away when you are near an enemy in factions which defeats the purpose to not be able to warp to /f home to began with enemies nearby with the factions plug-in.

And finally, another suggestion:  I think mods if there is a reset to be independent agents for a certain amount of time before they can use factions to give members more of a chance of getting good land/ocean/nether area/end area.  I know it doesn't take long for a dedicated player to get free but since school/college/work is happening now, more people won't be able to rank up as fast due to their ability to have free time.  Or a better way is to disable factions for x amount of days but I am not sure if you would want to do that.  Maybe have for x amount of newcomers, you can only have z amount of claim land for a max of b claimed land for y days passes tell the normal way kicks in.
(Aug 29th, 2018, 09:16 PM)HeadlessCowboy link Wrote:[quote author=masterovieOG link=topic=5861.msg35546#msg35546 date=1535579626]
[quote author=HeadlessCowboy link=topic=5861.msg35545#msg35545 date=1535574731]
I wouldn't mind help testing if any help is needed like a beta tester with the staff to testing everything.  As in, have the staff get access first, then the beta testers, and finally release the server. 
[/quote]

True; however, this gives even more of a safety net of a bug-free / abuse free server once it is ready so newcomers don't have to worry as much with the bugs/abuse that they stumble upon.  I remember reporting the A bank signs after the last reset and it took a while for the staff to fix it; however, I do know that they have much to do after a reset.  I also know this has a lot to do with trust in a person to help out and not abuse. 

Here is an idea that may get people wanting the reset and to upgrade your ranks:

How about 7 days before the launch of the server, barons get to see and test the server but nothing saves tell the server is launched. Then 6 for a citizen, 5 for free, 4 for E,  3 for A, 2 for B, 1 for C, and newcomers get to see the server live when the items count.  Maybe 10 days for people that have donated money to the server so they get the most testing.  This would make it so there would be a point in playing before the reset on the test server and new people can learn the ropes a little bit on the running server before it resets.  Maybe have a time frame for you to be able to lock in your spot to be able to beta test like 20 days before the reset so there is time to whitelist all of the people that have the certain ranks.  I know this won't be done but It could be useful to keep players and get new players during the transition,

Also, another suggestion would be is to disable /home <home name> while near enemy faction members.  Yes, now you can tp away when you are near an enemy in factions which defeats the purpose to not be able to warp to /f home to began with enemies nearby with the factions plug-in.

And finally, another suggestion:  I think mods if there is a reset to be independent agents for a certain amount of time before they can use factions to give members more of a chance of getting good land/ocean/nether area/end area.  I know it doesn't take long for a dedicated player to get free but since school/college/work is happening now, more people won't be able to rank up as fast due to their ability to have free time.  Or a better way is to disable factions for x amount of days but I am not sure if you would want to do that.  Maybe have for x amount of newcomers, you can only have z amount of claim land for a max of b claimed land for y days passes tell the normal way kicks in.
[/quote] It would just be a lot easier if everyone did it at the same time, and if we give it to someone but not someone else, they'll say favoritism and get mad. 

signature

(Aug 29th, 2018, 09:52 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote:
[quote author=HeadlessCowboy link=topic=5861.msg35547#msg35547 date=1535602596]
[quote author=masterovieOG link=topic=5861.msg35546#msg35546 date=1535579626]
[quote author=HeadlessCowboy link=topic=5861.msg35545#msg35545 date=1535574731]
[/quote]

[/quote]
It would just be a lot easier if everyone did it at the same time, and if we give it to someone but not someone else, they'll say favoritism and get mad.
[/quote]

Did you read my whole post?  There was another way I mentioned that wouldn't be favoritism.  Also, are you saying that staff should have it at the same time as everyone else like your quoted post above mentions?  There is always going to be favoritism one way or another Ovie, there isn't one way to avoid it.  Also, if Silas required people to not tell if they are testing the server or they get a ban, how would they know if they were chosen to test the server?  Re-read my posts if you decide to reply to this one.
I believe if we do reset the server we should get some dedicated builders to rebuild some parts of the prison to give it a new vibe and feel and redecorate and give the server new life, if so i believe some of the old players would return for a new kind of experience. Since majority of them left due to the game being the same and  boring for them now.

signature

[Image: ackVMXt.png]
I know how much time it takes to make an entire new prison but making a new prison map will be great for adding things and having players explore especially old players, just need the dedication from people to build it.

signature

1v1 me in Rocket League
(Aug 31st, 2018, 07:19 AM)Hypogre link Wrote:I know how much time it takes to make an entire new prison but making a new prison map will be great for adding things and having players explore especially old players, just need the dedication from people to build it.

i feel many people could build things in one commune place if someone either sets up a small realm or hosted one for multiple people to build all in one spot. I personally have a few idea's for building but im not a great builder lol

signature

(Aug 31st, 2018, 07:22 AM)Squigga_ link Wrote:[quote author=Hypogre link=topic=5861.msg35553#msg35553 date=1535725154]
I know how much time it takes to make an entire new prison but making a new prison map will be great for adding things and having players explore especially old players, just need the dedication from people to build it.

i feel many people could build things in one commune place if someone either sets up a small realm or hosted one for multiple people to build all in one spot. I personally have a few idea's for building but im not a great builder lol
[/quote] that would just cause arguments on who should build what, one person may like it but others no.  We don’t need builders, we don’t need beta testers, we’ve done a few resets in the past and they worked just fine.  If you want a new map we could always load in the V2 or V3 map since those were the most active. 

signature

(Aug 31st, 2018, 08:45 AM)masterovieOG link Wrote:[quote author=Squigga_ link=topic=5861.msg35555#msg35555 date=1535725373]
[quote author=Hypogre link=topic=5861.msg35553#msg35553 date=1535725154]

[/quote] that would just cause arguments on who should build what, one person may like it but others no.  We don’t need builders, we don’t need beta testers, we’ve done a few resets in the past and they worked just fine.  If you want a new map we could always load in the V2 or V3 map since those were the most active.
[/quote]
yeah but aint they ugly as fuck though

signature

(Aug 31st, 2018, 08:53 AM)Squigga_ link Wrote:[quote author=masterovieOG link=topic=5861.msg35557#msg35557 date=1535730352]
[quote author=Squigga_ link=topic=5861.msg35555#msg35555 date=1535725373]
[quote author=Hypogre link=topic=5861.msg35553#msg35553 date=1535725154]

[/quote]
yeah but aint they ugly as fuck though
[/quote] they weren’t ugly where did you hear that. 

signature