Read the whole post before you comment
So this is a post purely to gauge interest and thoughts.

MCP has currently been on version 6.5 for 9 months.

In the past it has been uncommon for us to go this long without a new map/reset. Traditionally or in the earlier days of the server we'd have a hard/soft reset or new map every 6 months.

With that being said MCP is not the way it used to be, it's much more fine tuned and can coast for a lot longer as it's not as volatile.
We are considering if it's worth it or not, right now the community seems smaller so we wouldn't want to piss off the few players who play.
More content would be added but nothing major and it would 99% be on the same map but maybe with some tweaks similar to how our current map (6.5) is an updated V6.

So for those of you who've read all the way down the question is regarding whether the prison should have a reset and fresh start. Leave your feedback by answering the poll and commenting below whether you're for/against this option.

Make sure to leave your feedback if you do want a reset and what you'd like to see.

This is the first time we've considered this for this version. It wouldn't be soon if we did we just want to know if the community would like it.

signature

???
Could we get new blocks if we reset? Mostly the concrete  and a couple other pretty blocks? PLEASE!!! ???

signature

[Image: 9aabf691e1dff868f2587373a1555d92.png]
(Aug 28th, 2018, 09:29 PM)Maelonic link Wrote:Could we get new blocks if we reset? Mostly the concrete  and a couple other pretty blocks? PLEASE!!! ???

One of the aims with a reset would be to update to the latest version assuming there's no major technical bugs related (IE the dupe bug mojang adds every version).

signature

???
I think it really depends on what direction you want to take MCP in. Depending on how you want to manage the server changes my opinion. It basically comes down to which players you want to attract. The bigger less decided players or the smaller dedicated player base. Let me explain.

Like you said we are a smaller community and if you want it to stay that way I don't think we should do a reset.  Instead, I think small tweaks to the map and slowly adding in more content in addition to adding expensive purchase plots/items that exceed megas for those who have the money to spend it. For those who just like to grind and grind there needs to be rewards for it instead of just a rank on baltop. How about milestones for how long you've been with mcp and how many hours you have.  A reset would only hinder the dedicated community, doing the same rank up progression wouldn't be new just by doing it again. Hell, I was E rank within 30 seconds of the last reset. We already know how to rank up we'd just be restarting the grind so why not expand the grind rewards instead of just resetting it? Maybe even letting the player base help create additions to the server as long as they are approved by wardens. It is CDGS after all.

Now if you want to appeal to the larger community I reset would be beneficial because everyone is now at the same level and new players won't feel intimidated by the higher ranks. We also need to solve the issue of getting new people to actually stay. I think the server advertisement needs to be huge and constant. We should probably do research on how other servers, even if they are different genre's get their player base to stay. Maybe even implement a referral program that rewards players who recommend the server to friends. (This would probably be best in the form of a plugin that can test ips and handle reward granting to deter people who smurf). Also, reward players who make forum accounts and stay active on them. Encouraging players to get involved in the community which in turns keeps them on the service.

These are just my thoughts, do some, do none, do a hybrid of the two it's up to you.

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
(Aug 28th, 2018, 09:38 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:[quote author=Maelonic link=topic=5861.msg35505#msg35505 date=1535516979]
Could we get new blocks if we reset? Mostly the concrete  and a couple other pretty blocks? PLEASE!!! ???

One of the aims with a reset would be to update to the latest version assuming there's no major technical bugs related (IE the dupe bug mojang adds every version).
[/quote]

We can test some stuff out and I will help if it means i can get some new blocks you can disable shulker box's I dont care for those I personally just really want the new pretty blocks

signature

[Image: 9aabf691e1dff868f2587373a1555d92.png]
I would very much enjoy a reset.  I do agree with DogTag that if there was a reset everyone already knows what to do and would rank up really quickly.  I'm not sure if you ( Silas ) remember this but it was me, you, and Mit, and we were up all night testing new events making sure they were actually fun and worked well before you and Zeedin reset the server.  I know there's a few good possible events that could be substituted ( Nator don't even say BattleBoats ) In addition of a reset.  A reset would work well if the ranking up process was changed a little bit, where people actually have to work to get free+. 

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
At the moment on the server, I believe I speak for both myself and other saying it gets kind of boring when you have millions of dollars and don't have much to do. I think adding one more rank below free, and one more rank above C would drastically increase the amount of fun people have. For instance, after baron you have a rank that costs $10,000,000 called something like, idk, Overlord for example. With that top rank you could get access to things more worth wild like, 10 homes, or TPA access, or something that a dedicated player should have.

1.13 has also added a lot of new features that I personally find very intriguing. For example, even though I think they should be disabled, shulker boxes and tridents are both really cool and unique items, that add a lot to normal minecraft.

Lastly, I think if it's possible, the aspects of drug making should be tweaked a little. I know I haven't made as many drugs as Lea, but after making a double chest of Cocaine, Heroine, and Marijuana, I learned that when you're not a donor it really sucks to have to repair 10 Silk Touch Axes just to make 350k. (Also the levels bug out every time you rank up lol)
Feel free to leave specific feedback.
Interested on drugs, events, playtime/achievements, and more.

signature

???
(Aug 28th, 2018, 10:09 PM)_Asidy link Wrote:At the moment on the server, I believe I speak for both myself and other saying it gets kind of boring when you have millions of dollars and don't have much to do. I think adding one more rank below free, and one more rank above C would drastically increase the amount of fun people have. For instance, after baron you have a rank that costs $10,000,000 called something like, idk, Overlord for example. With that top rank you could get access to things more worth wild like, 10 homes, or TPA access, or something that a dedicated player should have.

1.13 has also added a lot of new features that I personally find very intriguing. For example, even though I think they should be disabled, shulker boxes and tridents are both really cool and unique items, that add a lot to normal minecraft.

Lastly, I think if it's possible, the aspects of drug making should be tweaked a little. I know I haven't made as many drugs as Lea, but after making a double chest of Cocaine, Heroine, and Marijuana, I learned that when you're not a donor it really sucks to have to repair 10 Silk Touch Axes just to make 350k. (Also the levels bug out every time you rank up lol)
I don't like the idea of adding another rank, I understand it boring but there's a whole other part of MCP that  no one ( besides me ) actually tries... Factions and raiding.  Once you become Free+ if you are bored you make or join a faction, make an /f home, find another faction base, raid them and once they get mad you fight in the prison with guards so it's a huge riot.  Faction vs Faction vs Guards.  I mean I tried to bring that back when I got on an alt of mine and obliterated Cookiez but they were just like Ehhh we can make a new base no big deal. 

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
Half the reason why we haven't added a new rank is because there's no good sounding names. We like our naming schemes to be good here @ CDGS

signature

???