Read the whole post before you comment
(Aug 28th, 2018, 10:23 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:Half the reason why we haven't added a new rank is because there's no good sounding names. We like our naming schemes to be good here @ CDGS

Something menacing title and color would surely add some spice
Few Ideas:

1: Mini Events - There's a question in chat that pops up and fist one to answer it with /answer [response], and get it correct gets a prize, I say do it with a command so there's no spam.  have that at scheduled/random times it's your choice.  Also with this, it doesn't have to be trivia, it could be, "first to find this".  Something along those lines, and there's a certain time limit you have to answer in so people don't just google the answer. 

2: Event Changes - Replace some events with other new ideas.  I love Flash Flood and others hate it, but not because they can't do parkour, it's because it takes so fucking long to end. 

3:  Crates - If we were to do a reset, suspend crates for two weeks to a month so no one gets a Miner Pickaxe and becomes a millionare in the first day.  Just so it's fair for everyone to have an good shot at being on top @littlelea, share your wealth with us. 

4:  Tutorial - Tutorial is pretty ugly and no one ever reads the signs, I talked with two C's and asked if they read the signs in tutorial and they're like oh I didn't I just figured no swearing.  And that's true but that doesn't help with other rules they need to follow.  If there is a way to change Tutorial to make it so people actually read signs that'd be better. 

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
(Aug 28th, 2018, 10:12 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:Feel free to leave specific feedback.
Interested on drugs, events, playtime/achievements, and more.

Here's what I think should be changed about certain topics.

Drugs
The drug I'm going to use for this example is Cocaine. To make cocaine before you do anything else, you need to get Acacia trees to get Acacia leaves, and farm a shit load of gunpowder. This process in itself is very grindy and takes hours if you want to make a really good chunk of change. After that, the sickeling of the leaves takes FOREVER. I think adding the harvest speed of Cocaine leaves faster would be much better, but not to something like Marijuana which can be farmed too easily.

Events
For those of you who don't already know, every day in the month of august I would stay up for the events in the morning time, even though it's 5am my time. Most of the time I would get 6 crates a day just from the morning events, and that's kinda un fair. I think there should be a player minimum for the morning events to be hosted, or just remove them completely since most people don't play that early in the morning. It would get rid of people like me just making an easy 150k+ for doing nothing.

Playtime
I definitely think that you should get some sort of auto reward for allotting a lot of playtime into the server. For example, 1hr, 24hr, 100hr, 500hr, 1000hr and maybe some more in between there would be pretty nice. An example would be for 1hr you get $500 and 1pt, 24hr you get 5k and 5pts, etc. Another idea could be that for every 1hr or 5hrs or something that you play you get a small amount of money or a point.

Achievements
I think that just like default Minecraft Achievements, something fun to do would be implementing things like "First Guard Kill!" , "500 Cocaine Made!", or "First Boss Fight!" would be really cool. Going along with that idea, adding something such as a list of people with the most achievements, or small rewards for each achievement you do could add a lot of depth to the server and even more fun things for new players to discover.

Closing Statement
Okay if you even read half of that, or skipped to this portion of my post I say thanks.

I understand that a lot of my suggestions might / would take a lot of coding to complete that people probably wouldn't want to do, but these are all just fun suggestions that popped into my head while writing this. Any comments or feedback on things that I wrote here as always would be welcomed and this topic now has me really intrigued.
(Aug 28th, 2018, 10:29 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote:Few Ideas:

4:  Tutorial - Tutorial is pretty ugly and no one ever reads the signs, I talked with two C's and asked if they read the signs in tutorial and they're like oh I didn't I just figured no swearing.  And that's true but that doesn't help with other rules they need to follow.  If there is a way to change Tutorial to make it so people actually read signs that'd be better.

I once played on a faction server that made it mandatory for you to read the rules and then answer a series of questions to make sure you didn't just BS your way through. There was a small reward at the end and I've always thought this was genius and have never seen it on any other server. I know it's a little harsh, but it's just a thought
(Aug 28th, 2018, 10:40 PM)_Asidy link Wrote:[quote author=masterovieOG link=topic=5861.msg35516#msg35516 date=1535520576]
Few Ideas:

I once played on a faction server that made it mandatory for you to read the rules and then answer a series of questions to make sure you didn't just BS your way through. There was a small reward at the end and I've always thought this was genius and have never seen it on any other server. I know it's a little harsh, but it's just a thought
[/quote] not a shitty idea if I''m honest.  Gotta pass a driving test before you get your license.

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
Now I don't want a reset but seeing the results of the vote it really seems we will be getting one. If that may be I really think we should spend our time on. Maybe we could even head back to MCP classic of non op prison  There a underlying choice do we go back to our roots and head back or keep going down this line of becoming more a op prison. If we were to have a reset I hope we won't rush it we should take in to account community suggestions. Do many more votes on what to do with issues such as guards to op ect. If you wanted to go far why not get a alt not tell anyone and see what MCP is like? What are some issues and what do you feel is going good. If were to have to have a  resset let's make it a bloody good one

signature

[Image: 0Xy4rwK.jpg]

[Image: lpFQ2b2.jpg]
(Aug 28th, 2018, 10:09 PM)_Asidy link Wrote:At the moment on the server, I believe I speak for both myself and other saying it gets kind of boring when you have millions of dollars and don't have much to do. I think adding one more rank below free, and one more rank above C would drastically increase the amount of fun people have. For instance, after baron you have a rank that costs $10,000,000 called something like, idk, Overlord for example. With that top rank you could get access to things more worth wild like, 10 homes, or TPA access, or something that a dedicated player should have.

1.13 has also added a lot of new features that I personally find very intriguing. For example, even though I think they should be disabled, shulker boxes and tridents are both really cool and unique items, that add a lot to normal minecraft.

Lastly, I think if it's possible, the aspects of drug making should be tweaked a little. I know I haven't made as many drugs as Lea, but after making a double chest of Cocaine, Heroine, and Marijuana, I learned that when you're not a donor it really sucks to have to repair 10 Silk Touch Axes just to make 350k. (Also the levels bug out every time you rank up lol)
if its such a problem just get donor and fix them yourself for 17.5k a pop each

signature

[Image: ackVMXt.png]
if we do end up doing a reset pls do it on friday cuz ima stay up all weekend and play, 48hrs straight,

signature

also if we do reset i think the server should have a raffle with their money kind of deal like dragon does every month and whoever wins could win some store credit equivalent to a month price of donor maybe, or something else they'd like to spend it on if they have donor already

signature

Like dogtag said it all depends on the direction / goals you want from the server. My personal preference is I don't want a reset on this map, this would be the 3rd time we have used this map and resets should only be for either a new map/features or the economy is really messed up that cant be fixed.

If a reset is to maintain the current dedicated / regular players and slowly attract more then a reset I feel will have little/no value and my personal view is that we will loose some of those players who have worked hard over the year/summer to get where they are. If the goal is to attract new/more players then we first need to address the issue with the majority of new players not staying on the server before any reset/changes. Is it because they see its quiet and think its dead? is there not enough content for them? are they looking for something specific? etc..

In terms of custom items, rares etc... there's still a lot of items  and armor sets etc..  that nobody has yet and are still taking forever to complete. Barely 3 people have a decent collection so I feel the balance on crate drop % are about right (if not a bit too low). Economy on the other hand needs some consideration. There definitely needs to be something to spend the money on, right now the only thing someone with a mega. cy. top rank, has available to work towards is their rare/armor collection which is fine but buying crates is limited to players who might sell the odd crate here and there.

If the server does ultimately decide on a reset, give a couple of weeks notice and a date/time when the server will reset and again what will transfer over. Players would have time to prepare for this, the server admin would have time to implement this along with getting players re-credits ready and waiting without having to ask as/when your online. And do it a few months before Christmas/Halloween because we missed being able to do a decent Christmas plot last time and no one was able to keep the Halloween items for their collection.

Some thoughts & ideas that may or may not benefit (including smaller fixes/bugs that are outstanding):
  • 1.13 never going to happen (or at least not for another year). 1.12 is achievable now with very little effort and will give a new feel to the game for some and I'm more than sure staff are ready to start helping out and testing stuff with you. And hell, even Zeedin might use some new blocks and want to work on B, Baron or even a new rank (soonTM)

• Black market, sewer maze, megas, info room, end portal room, block shop etc.. are not advertised or mentioned so players really don't know they exist unless they see someone mention in chat. Pretty much the only thing that does get advertised is the sewer maze which gets people talking / interacting. Could be changed by adding notices around the general areas making people aware of these places, or maybe move the basic function of some of these places within the prison? or do away with them all together?

• Bring back apartments for citizens to rent? Right now the only use of citizen primarily is the additional set home, secondary is block shop and a push the end portal for those who want to go to the end (hardly any from what I can see)

• Enable the end portal links in the world plugin so that players can use the portals in free to get to the end

• Apart from the sethomes baron no longer offers anything to attract players so the high price tag is something only a small few are bothered to get. So if a new rank was to be added there needs to be something to attract players to want to get it.

• basic chat filter. While we do have staff to handle this most of the time, we could avoid some of the issues by just having a plugin that prevents certain words being said, excessive caps/spam/advertising. Yes it means some staff might not be as needed but it would reduce arguments, times when no staff are on and mean staff can dedicate to helping players instead of punishing. For this I don't see how it cannot ultimately help?
Player Said: Hey did anyone see that fantastic movie with Nicolas Cage in? Server: I'm sorry, although Nick Cage is god, the word movie is banned on this server for erm... staff dis?
  • Random lag issues (may or may not be relevant at this time?) over the year various players have expressed concerns for lag. Are players still experiencing issues? I know one or two that stopped pvp'ing a long time ago due to lag, Do they think its still a problem? same thing goes for certain areas of the prison and free world. lag during events and mine resets etc... are these client side? server underperforming / hosting to low?

• PVP/armor balance? This still ever evolving but the current status makes guards harder to kill without teaming or being really good at pvp. Over the past 2-3 months I barely see any pvp at all. Maybe wrong time zone? or too small of player base. Armor that was once sought after and took a long time to get like, bruni, hrim etc.. apparently are worthless for pvp and hold little / no value therefore no one grinds to get the items needed. Again the dragon forge / armor are things players hardly even know about.

• Players can no longer find alternative ways to earn money, exp or pass time ect.. players used to be able to make grinders, exp farms, villager trading but any hint of players gaining from these resulted in things getting nerfed and never coming back. This has pretty much left a lot of people taking the view that the only way to get/stay ahead is by donating for crates or having access to donator mines. People understand the server wants to be fair/balanced/non op but perhaps there's other ways to balance things without taking parts of the game away from people?

• Mob spawns, there is something limiting on the server that prevents normal spawning/rates of mobs. This causes issues now with a small player base, if the server grows this is going to be more noticeable and problematic unless this is due to the previous point mentioned.

• Issues with plot regions not resetting correctly/overlapping. perhaps not resetting plots could help the economy too by players buying old plots hoping to find some good items.

• Rules rework and clarity. Right now there is ambiguity and lots of unwritten rules that always cause arguments, I feel (and lots of others) this area could be worked on to redefine these rules so that everyone is clear about things. Yes common sense/staff judgement can/should mitigate problems but it doesn't and players/staff need to have strict rules that cannot be argued with. Perhaps a post stating the rules and players can add their knowledge of the unwritten ones so these can be added to the official post?

• Some drugs are either pointless or offer no value in making/selling. maybe rebalance the value of drugs to reward those that make them. e.g. shrooms are kinda pointless to use and offer no value in making.

• Crate items either being craftable? e.g. bruni/hrim can be crafted, this gives purpose to shards/dragon emeralds and some useless blocks and forces players into areas of the free world and gives them something to do. A handful of players got together and spent a week or two to make/collect these pieces and it actually was fun. This would give players who really want some of this a goal/purpose.

• If you want to give something for players to spend money on then perhaps crate items could be put into some kind of tier system for a random drop. e.g. iron crate = tier 1, diamond crate = tier 2, multitool = teir 3. Then offer players the ability to buy a tiered crate/drop for ig $. e.g. tier 1 drop = 100k, tier 2 drop $300k, tier 3 drop $1mil.

• If there's no scope for a new rank, then maybe allow players to buy perks with ig $, e.g. another sethome for $5mil, 1 day temp donator for $250k, temp access to a secret rank/area with a unique shop/mine/features.

• Rework rewards for maze/parkours. have signs to tell players about rewards for completing.

• Add new events / bring back some of the old events. Rather than removing existing ones, perhaps have a random selection of events queued and in a random order.

• Add an event randomly throughout the day this could reward players being on not just for event times which seems to be the only time most players get on.

• Rework mine schematics / flags to fix issues with block placing/breaking and prevent abusing into areas like the top of prison.

• Add/fix easter eggs

• Bring back the door code/secret.......

• Miners maze? old one or I can build a new super difficult one if it will get added? (and it will be even more difficult than the last one)

• Player command to check cooldowns on things like parkours, mazes etc...

• Player command to check exp level

• Charge ig $ or specific rank for plot protection and allow players to toggle this themselves.

• Buy height/basement, block limits etc.. with ig $, this allows players who cant necessarily donate to still be able to compete with other players. In fact offer this for almost all donation items even if its a very high/balanced cost. This is especially important if donations ever have to stop.

• Admin events like challenges, quests, pvp, etc..

• Make fighting the dragon harder? reset the end crystals/towers when summoning the dragon. maybe offset this by requiring less shards and/or give better rewards?

• Block the end credit portal so you don't go to the end credits if you fall in

• Prevent bosses despawning if you die/no one in the area for a limited amount of time, disable the death announcements so no one goes to steal your stuff / get the kill. Some people don't even know they can fight bosses (again advertise these little know areas)

• Make changes to all custom items / special abilities so they honour regions and pvp protection etc..

• Add flag to player to check pvp toggle status and use this to set players pvp status when moving between worlds that allow this.

• change last countdown notification on events to say 20seconds as 10 seconds leaves players no time to teleport and then get in the event. Or reduce the teleport wait for warps to 5 seconds.

• Fix sell /hand/all signs so that custom items cannot be sold?

• Allow players to purchase sell hand/all for a cost like disposals, vchests signs.

• Reason to fight guards?

• Allow 1.13 clients to connect

• Add more sellable items like pumpkin, chorus, cactus, seeds, all logs ? work out a balance so its not op but allows players other means of making money (along with bringing back nerfed ways)

• Prevent sickles from turning grass/dirt into hoed/farmland

• Friendly pvp arena / world where you can fight but you either don't lose anything e.g. temp keep exp, inv etc.. or you don't go into the world with anything and can choose some kits to use for fighting, this could be a world where its multiple rooms and the moment two people enter no more can enter and similar have teams rooms etc.. This would actually be useful for those who don't pvp or want to loose items not everyone cares for pvp but maybe want to try. and those that want to measure their.... egos

• Introduce rush pvp as some kind of event part of this server?

• Players who have custom donation items should be give the 40-50 crates of the crate where the item is for each custom item they have, regardless of how long ago it was

ok I should probably do some real work now (well Netflix and drinking tea and pretending like I'm working) Looking forward to seeing more peoples suggestions and see if this truly can be the community driven game server. Now is everyone's time to have a say on what they want the server to be.