My current thoughts on running a server/some info
Hey there everyone, just thought I'd fill you in on my current thoughts of CDGS and some other info.

So its probably been apparent to those of you that have noticed the delay on things and my general inactivity. My drive to work on the server and general interest in doing so is not very high at the moment. Don't jump to any conclusions I've had lulls in my activity before and it's not surprising it's happening right now considering the 1.9 updating is a huge unrewarding pain in the ass and it feels like negative progress is made to the servers development. It's very unmotivating to want to work on other things and instead being forced to do something else.

Now regardless of my lack of activity lately the server is doing fine. We have no plans to shut down the server in the near future assuming it doesn't require large amounts of time/effort to maintain when we have no interest in doing so. I've joked about shutting it down instead of updating, however we'd never do that since it would be throwing away something so great for a stupid reason.

Now I feel I should inform you that there is an almost guaranteed decrease in admin activity coming up due to the reason that I'll be starting school, along with Zeedin in the future. This has made us think about the fact that we won't have as much time to work on the server even if we wanted to. Now we've been considering making a new map lately, but haven't decided on it (So don't fucking picnic it's just a general thought and wouldn't happen for a long time). However it is probably a safe bet to make that MCP will never get past a V6 and maybe never get there. If we were to ever work on a new map it would be the last one hopefully propping MCP up for an admin hibernation. (ONCE AGAIN THERE IS NO PLANS FOR A NEW MAP/RESET IN THE NEAR FUTURE CALM YOUR TITS)

Really it's not like I don't enjoy working on CDGS, I still enjoy it just not all the time and particularly when I don't wish to. I will continue to work on projects when I feel like it as that's the part of running MCP I enjoy the most and hopefully set it up to be as stable as possible to admins need to be involved less.

So in short:
- I'll be trying to make MCP as little maintenance as possible.
- I'm not super motivated to work on MCP but wish it to stay up.
- I'll be starting school soon, so will Zeedin. There is a guaranteed drop in admin activity coming.
- This is one of the last versions of MCP but we'll keep it up as long as possible.

Feel free to leave any comments/questions. This post was written at 4 AM so it's very rambly.

signature

???
(Mar 25th, 2016, 04:17 AM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: So in short:
- This is one of the last versions of MCP but we'll keep it up as long as possible.

So no V6?

signature

#MCPForV6

Ez admin fix, just give me admin and I'll keep the fuckers in line Wink  kappaswag

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
We will support your decisions no matter what, Silas.

signature

" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown
Well fingers crossed we stay up Smile Starting to get more members lol however we will stand by the decisions made
Silas or Zeedin said the server will stay up even if only 1 person is playing. This might've changed as it was months ago but hopefully it hasn't.

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
Master for warden,
Geo for admin,
Let's get some more Admins that are trusted, so the development of MCP is still progressing

signature

F
LSI: http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3689.0.html
[Image: eL04gJk.png]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Mar 25th, 2016, 06:35 AM)Hero Deacon link Wrote: [quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=3595.msg20314#msg20314 date=1458904631]
So in short:

So no V6?
[/quote] I hope to get out one last map, but once I start eng I wont really have any time for anything.

signature

-James Cameron
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Born too late to explore the earth, born too soon to explore the galaxy. Born just in time to гคเรє ๓ץ ๔๏ภﻮєг ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
(Mar 25th, 2016, 04:46 PM)Zeedin link Wrote: [quote author=Hero Deacon link=topic=3595.msg20315#msg20315 date=1458912920]
[quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=3595.msg20314#msg20314 date=1458904631]
So in short:

So no V6?
[/quote] I hope to get out one last map, but once I start eng I wont really have any time for anything.
[/quote]
Promote Geo and Ovie to help out?
(Mar 25th, 2016, 05:20 PM)TGOutbreak link Wrote: [quote author=Zeedin link=topic=3595.msg20335#msg20335 date=1458949589]
[quote author=Hero Deacon link=topic=3595.msg20315#msg20315 date=1458912920]
[quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=3595.msg20314#msg20314 date=1458904631]
So in short:

So no V6?
[/quote]
Promote Geo and Ovie to help out?
[/quote]

A2 Already asked about this in Team Speak...
A2: "Promote someone to Warden"
Silas"Warden's are shit"

signature

" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown