Mojang Is Changing Sum Shit With Servers............

Recent happenings on Mojang:

"
Owen said:
Hello!

Let?s get one thing clear: we love it when Minecrafters host servers. Tiny or massive, running vanilla Minecraft or a heavily modded version, we think they?re all great. Playing with friends in persistent worlds is awesome. Everyone knows that.

Over the past week there?s been lots of discussion about Minecraft servers and your right to monetise them. Legally, you are not allowed to make money from our products. There has been one exception to this rule so far ? Minecraft videos. We?re about to make a second exception ? Minecraft servers.
Hosting servers can be expensive. We want to give community members a way to cover their costs. That said, we don?t want our players to be exploited, or to have a frustrating time unless they pay. The following rules, which may be tweaked at a later date, have been created with those points in mind.

[size=10pt]You are allowed to charge players to access your server[/size]

So long as the fee is the same for all players, you are allowed to charge for access to your server. You are not allowed to split your playerbase into paying, and non-paying users, nor can you restrict gameplay elements to different tiers of player.

Basically, if you?re charging for access to your server, you are selling a ?ticket? and there can only be one type of ticket, no matter how much people are willing to spend.

[size=10pt]You are allowed to accept donations
[/size]
You are allowed to accept donation from your players. You can thank them publicly, or in-game, but can?t give them preferential treatment for donating. You are not allowed to restrict gameplay features in an attempt to make money.

[size=10pt]You are allowed to provide in-game advertising or sponsorship opportunities[/size]

Running servers can be expensive, with that in mind, you are allowed to put adverts in your Minecraft worlds to help with costs. Used within reason, adverts and sponsorship can be good ways to fund a server.
You are allowed to sell in-game items so long as they don?t affect gameplay
We don?t mind you selling items in game, but they must be purely cosmetic. Pets, hats, and particle effects are OK, but swords, invincibility potions, and man-eating pigs are not. We want all players to be presented with the same gameplay features, whether they decide to pay or not.
There is one exception to this rule ? capes! We have a lot of fun making cool capes for extra-special members of our community and Minecon attendees. We?d like to keep them as exclusive as possible. So, yeah, no capes please, for free or otherwise.

[size=10pt]You cannot charge real-world cash for in-game currency[/size]

We don?t mind you making up currencies which players earn through playing but you are not allowed to sell it for real-world cash. Remember ? if the stuff you sell affects gameplay, we?re not cool with it.
Don?t pretend to be us, and provide your customers with loads of info!
If you do decide to monetise your server, you must clearly state that the purchase is not associated with Mojang, declare who the money is going to, and provide a purchase history and contact details. You should also check up on the legality of selling digital items in your specific region.
Thanks for reading!

As I hope you?ve noticed, these rules are making attempts to prevent Minecraft servers becoming ?pay-to-win.? We hate the idea of server hosts restricting Minecraft?s features to players who have already bought our game! It seems really mean.

We?re hoping that these rules will give hosts opportunity to continue creating awesome Minecraft worlds, and for our players to enjoy them without worrying about cash.

Have a good day!
"
We've been aware of this for quite some time.
Nothing is likely going  to change.

signature

???
(Jun 12th, 2014, 04:17 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: We've been aware of this for quite some time.
Yeah except all the donor packs...
(Jun 12th, 2014, 05:01 PM)Coolshorts link Wrote: [quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=1319.msg8331#msg8331 date=1402615043]
[/quote]
You clearly haven't read up on this topic.

signature

???
(Jun 12th, 2014, 05:13 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: [quote author=Coolshorts link=topic=1319.msg8332#msg8332 date=1402617667]
[quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=1319.msg8331#msg8331 date=1402615043]
[/quote]
You clearly haven't read up on this topic.
[/quote]
Yea cuz I just read that whole thing... yeah thats not reading up on it at all. You seem to be the one who hasnt read up on it. Its clearly saying that you won't be able to sell donor packs that alter the gameplay, if you read it clearly, you would know that. js
only thing you'd have to change is the irl money for in game cash

otherwise I see no problem

signature

where did Warden astral go
Let me make a list of all the donator packs that would have to go, or be modified.

Will not be allowed by Mojang:

(MCP)

-All The Grinders (altering gameplay by giving certain players a grinder to use, while not everyone will have this)

-All The Spawners (altering gameplay by giving certain players select spawners to use, while not everyone will have that option) (Silverfish Spawner undetermined, since silverfish don't really drop anything other than a tiny bit of xp)

-MCP 100k (altering gameplay by giving certain players in game money)

-MCP 50k (altering gameplay by giving certain players in game money)

-Enchantment Kit (altering gameplay by giving certain players in game items for specific use, that not everyone will have the luxury of)

-Plain XP (altering gameplay by giving certain players a huge chunk of XP, which would normally take a good bit of time to accumulate, and not everyone will be able to just 'buy xp')

-Never Hunger (altering gameplay by giving certain players the luxury of never having to eat again, with their hunger bar infinate, in my opinion this is a little too OP, and not everyone will be able to have the option)

-Baron MCP (altering gameplay by giving certain players access to the highest rank available without them having to earn it through ranking up, once bought, you will have immediate access to a whole new spawn, huge new mine, 2 more sethomes, bigger and more smelting rooms, and a huge outside area filled with animal spawners for infinate food. Not everyone will be able to have this luxury)

-/Enderchest (altering gameplay by giving certain players the option to open their enderchest wherever they are, regardless of if they have crafted and placed an enderchest, allowing them to stash their items if they run into trouble, or get specific items out, wherever, and whenever they please, not everyone will be able to do this)

-/Craft (altering gameplay by giving certain players the option to open a crafting table anywhere, regardless of if they have crafted and placed a crafting table. In my opinion this doesnt really matter that much cuz its hella easy to just make a crafting table anywhere, the pack doesnt really make much of a difference, but its still a luxury that not everyone will have)

-Keep XP (altering gameplay by allowing certain players the luxury of keeping their hard-earned XP, not everyone will be able to have this)

-MCP 1 Million (altering gameplay by giving certain players in game money, not everyone is able to do this)

(Rush-PvP)

-$1000 (altering gameplay by giving certain players in game money, to use for classes, which not all players can do)

-Never Hunger  (altering gameplay by giving certain players the luxury of never having to eat again, with their hunger bar infinate, in my opinion this is a little too OP, and not everyone will be able to have the option)

-Extra $1 Per Kill (altering gameplay by giving certain players extra in game money for their kills, which not all players can do)

(HCF)

-4 Sets Of Chain (altering gameplay by giving certain players sets of kits to use, which not everyone can do)

-4 Sets Of Iron (altering gameplay by giving certain players sets of kits to use, which not everyone can do)

-4 Sets Of Diamond (altering gameplay by giving certain players sets of kits to use, which not everyone can do)

All the other ones can stay (according to Mojang's plans. I think its obvious that most of them will be gone. If you still dissagree, read my first post over and over and over again, and read up on it on PMC too, then you will see that I am right. Don't make an arguement you cant win.
(Jun 17th, 2014, 01:28 PM)Coolshorts link Wrote: Let me make a list of all the donator packs that would have to go, or be modified.

(MCP)

-All The Grinders (altering gameplay by giving certain players a grinder to use, while not everyone will have this)

-All The Spawners (altering gameplay by giving certain players select spawners to use, while not everyone will have that option) (Silverfish Spawner undetermined, since silverfish don't really drop anything other than a tiny bit of xp)

-Enchantment Kit (altering gameplay by giving certain players in game items for specific use, that not everyone will have the luxury of)

-Plain XP (altering gameplay by giving certain players a huge chunk of XP, which would normally take a good bit of time to accumulate, and not everyone will be able to just 'buy xp')

-Never Hunger (altering gameplay by giving certain players the luxury of never having to eat again, with their hunger bar infinate, in my opinion this is a little too OP, and not everyone will be able to have the option)

-Baron MCP (altering gameplay by giving certain players access to the highest rank available without them having to earn it through ranking up, once bought, you will have immediate access to a whole new spawn, huge new mine, 2 more sethomes, bigger and more smelting rooms, and a huge outside area filled with animal spawners for infinate food. Not everyone will be able to have this luxury)

-/Enderchest (altering gameplay by giving certain players the option to open their enderchest wherever they are, regardless of if they have crafted and placed an enderchest, allowing them to stash their items if they run into trouble, or get specific items out, wherever, and whenever they please, not everyone will be able to do this)

-/Craft (altering gameplay by giving certain players the option to open a crafting table anywhere, regardless of if they have crafted and placed a crafting table. In my opinion this doesnt really matter that much cuz its hella easy to just make a crafting table anywhere, the pack doesnt really make much of a difference, but its still a luxury that not everyone will have)

-Keep XP (altering gameplay by allowing certain players the luxury of keeping their hard-earned XP, not everyone will be able to have this)

-MCP 1 Million (altering gameplay by giving certain players in game money, not everyone is able to do this)

(Rush-PvP)

-$1000 (altering gameplay by giving certain players in game money, to use for classes, which not all players can do)

-Never Hunger  (altering gameplay by giving certain players the luxury of never having to eat again, with their hunger bar infinate, in my opinion this is a little too OP, and not everyone will be able to have the option)

-Extra $1 Per Kill (altering gameplay by giving certain players extra in game money for their kills, which not all players can do)

(HCF)

-4 Sets Of Chain (altering gameplay by giving certain players sets of kits to use, which not everyone can do)

-4 Sets Of Iron (altering gameplay by giving certain players sets of kits to use, which not everyone can do)

-4 Sets Of Diamond (altering gameplay by giving certain players sets of kits to use, which not everyone can do)

All the other ones can stay (according to Mojang's plans. I think its obvious that most of them will be gone. If you still dissagree, read my first post over and over and over again, and read up on it on PMC too, then you will see that I am right. Don't make an arguement you cant win.
Holy shit you are fucking retarded.
100% of donor packs would have to go, and we are far to small for mojang to do anything to us.

signature

-James Cameron
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Born too late to explore the earth, born too soon to explore the galaxy. Born just in time to гคเรє ๓ץ ๔๏ภﻮєг ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
(Jun 17th, 2014, 02:23 PM)Zeedin link Wrote: [quote author=Coolshorts link=topic=1319.msg8364#msg8364 date=1403036928]
Let me make a list of all the donator packs that would have to go, or be modified.

(MCP)

(Rush-PvP)

(HCF)

Holy shit you are fucking retarded.
100% of donor packs would have to go, and we are far to small for mojang to do anything to us.
[/quote]
well i forgot a few, like the pvp packs, but the trails, and hats, n shit like that they said can stay... They specifically say that if they dont alter the gameplay of certain players, they can stay... but it is a little confusing...