Guard Vacation or Off duty.
1. Is your idea logical? In my subjective opinion yes.
2. Could it be done easily? Don't know how to do premissions atm but maybe.
3. Has something like it been done before? ntmk
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Possibly but I couldn't find it in the forums through searching

I wonder if you could could entertain the idea of having a guard vacation or off duty. Now before you take to disagree with me, please read everything I have to say. I understand there has to be limitations to this. I feel like a lot of people would say "guard don't do their jobs as it is, now you want to grant them off time?". I feel the form that this should take is that guards have to apply for vacation or off time on the forums. If the mod/admins/community feels that the guard in question deserves off time than it can be granted to the guard. This way it's fair to the community that counts on the guards for a pvp challenge and the guards who might want to be a citizen for a short period of time. A change in rank might be required though to [Off-Duty Guard]. This Status would only be available to guards who have achieved A guard or maybe head guard. This would motivate guards not only to rank up but to work harder as guards.

Feedback wanted!

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
(Jan 9th, 2018, 07:26 PM)DogTag93 link Wrote: 1. Is your idea logical? In my subjective opinion yes.
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Possibly but I couldn't find it in the forums through searching

I wonder if you could could entertain the idea of having a guard vacation or off duty. Now before you take to disagree with me, please read everything I have to say.

This isn't a good idea -1

signature

[Image: wGNJe78.png]
[Image: fde7785abc1392076c4a6dd643840c88.png]
(Jan 9th, 2018, 07:28 PM)zs471 link Wrote: [quote author=DogTag93 link=topic=5526.msg33165#msg33165 date=1515551192]
1. Is your idea logical? In my subjective opinion yes.

I wonder if you could could entertain the idea of having a guard vacation or off duty. Now before you take to disagree with me, please read everything I have to say.

This isn't a good idea -1

Thanks for the feedback Zs <3
[/quote]

signature

I would also like to add the amount of off-time would only be for a day or so. Or to what Silas would decide would be fair.

signature

I personally don't think we have enough guards to do something like this, lets say I'm the only guard on but I'm off duty, oh well, maybe if we had more guards in the future maybe it would work.  Also if this is a thing people would just be toxic on their vacation application saying, "you just want a break because I keep killing you  GG salt "

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
(Jan 9th, 2018, 09:52 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote: I personally don't think we have enough guards to do something like this, lets say I'm the only guard on but I'm off duty, oh well, maybe if we had more guards in the future maybe it would work.  Also if this is a thing people would just be toxic on their vacation application saying, "you just want a break because I keep killing you  GG salt "

I think at this point we should expect the toxicity regardless what we do on this server. I don't know why everyone wants to curve our actions and abilities because of the toxicity of the backlash, it's always going to be there. Even so being killed a lot would be a valid reason to get a vacation. So that comment wouldn't be incorrect. As long as the guard is active and is proficiently doing his job to his ability.

signature

-1, sorry just dont like the idea

signature

F
Guards don't get vacation, if you don't want to do your job, you resign, get demoted, become polardog(inactive) or become nator(only do events)

signature

(Jan 10th, 2018, 06:29 PM)zs471 link Wrote: Guards don't get vacation, if you don't want to do your job, you resign, get demoted, become polardog(inactive) or become nator(only do events)

I'm aware guards don't get a vacation but I don't think there is anything wrong with rewarding guards for doing their job well and working up the ranks. Is giving people more motivation to do such a bad idea? Why or why not?

signature

(Jan 10th, 2018, 07:03 PM)DogTag93 link Wrote: [quote author=zs471 link=topic=5526.msg33189#msg33189 date=1515634158]
Guards don't get vacation, if you don't want to do your job, you resign, get demoted, become polardog(inactive) or become nator(only do events)

I'm aware guards don't get a vacation but I don't think there is anything wrong with rewarding guards for doing their job well and working up the ranks. Is giving people more motivation to do such a bad idea? Why or why not?
[/quote]

Guards do not get rewards, they do not deserve rewards, they only thing they get is the satisfaction of a mission accomplished and a job well done.

signature