Encourage PvP against guards.
(Dec 19th, 2017, 09:46 AM)Mattmab link Wrote: +1 as this would encourage more pvp and more pvp means more loot <3

Thanks for the support and the feedback! +1

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
I don't really want to see this introduced. Some players on the server have such good stuff they can easily destroy guards. Giving them rewards would only make them more Overpowered I'm sure we would be seeing the same people winning all the time. And that wouldn't be good

signature

[Image: 0Xy4rwK.jpg]

[Image: lpFQ2b2.jpg]
(Dec 20th, 2017, 10:05 AM)Mr.Scare link Wrote: I don't really want to see this introduced. Some players on the server have such good stuff they can easily destroy guards. Giving them rewards would only make them more Overpowered I'm sure we would be seeing the same people winning all the time. And that wouldn't be good

Thats the point though isnt it? Players on the server have good items based for pvp but don't use them. Adding this would encourage new and old players alike to try and take on the guards and win rewards at the same time.

Easily destroy guards? Unless guards have had a major nerf that wasnt posted about on the forums guards shouldnt still be a bit challenging in a one v one scenario. But you also have to take into account the pvp skill of the player and guard//guards involved.

The only big thing Im now thinking of that would be a slight issue is when prisoners team together against guards. How would it decode who gets credit for it. Most damage delt to the guard or final hit? If final hit, that makes it a bit difficult as players would wait then run in and finish off the guard or attempt to in the very least.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
(Dec 20th, 2017, 10:05 AM)Mr.Scare link Wrote: I don't really want to see this introduced. Some players on the server have such good stuff they can easily destroy guards. Giving them rewards would only make them more Overpowered I'm sure we would be seeing the same people winning all the time. And that wouldn't be good

Among the players that are already known for killing guards, they already farm guards for their drops. This would only encourage people who normally don't pvp to do so.  The rewards for winning would not be greater than the gear they've probably got through crates, but would be a rare items that can only be had through getting pvptop.  Having these rewards would encourage competition between players and increase the amount of people hunting for items they need to to defeat the guards including the use of drugs. The reason I don't think people with op gear would always win is because to win they would constantly have to put their rare items on the line to kill the guards and one slip up could cause them to lose it all for a rare item that isn't as powerful as their current gear in the first place. So we could actually see a decrease in op gear used against guards out of fear of loosing it. For some this might not be enough but for some the chance to get a rare items and to have your name on the leader-board would be worth it.

Thanks for the feedback! +1

signature

(Dec 20th, 2017, 10:59 AM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: [quote author=Mr.Scare link=topic=5470.msg32648#msg32648 date=1513789512]
I don't really want to see this introduced. Some players on the server have such good stuff they can easily destroy guards. Giving them rewards would only make them more Overpowered I'm sure we would be seeing the same people winning all the time. And that wouldn't be good

Thats the point though isnt it? Players on the server have good items based for pvp but don't use them. Adding this would encourage new and old players alike to try and take on the guards and win rewards at the same time.

Easily destroy guards? Unless guards have had a major nerf that wasnt posted about on the forums guards shouldnt still be a bit challenging in a one v one scenario. But you also have to take into account the pvp skill of the player and guard//guards involved.

The only big thing Im now thinking of that would be a slight issue is when prisoners team together against guards. How would it decode who gets credit for it. Most damage delt to the guard or final hit? If final hit, that makes it a bit difficult as players would wait then run in and finish off the guard or attempt to in the very least.
[/quote]

Interesting points Mitt. I would be in favor of a last hit scenario only because that is how minecraft currently works and coding in most damage dealt might be to challenging. Someone being able to steal the last hit would only encourage more competition and pvp. Only one person can get the point from killing guards and only 1st place on pvptop would yield a reward at the end of the month because having a large group on killing guards might be a little op so this would discourage players from teaming. People who do still decide to team up against the guards would have the difficult task of spreading out the kills and would have to later compete anyways. 

signature

i personally lost a full set of items to nator from one slip up but at the current moment no one pvps so no one has the chance to lose anything and tbh guards really have no downside to pvping but a few chose to avoid it based on their personal agenda

signature