MikeTheos23's Guard Application
(Feb 3rd, 2016, 05:12 PM)Mr_StoneCold link Wrote: [quote author=MikeTheos23 link=topic=3209.msg17727#msg17727 date=1454477328]
Mr stonecold just because you are guard it doesn't mean just write bad stuff on people's guard applications

If you actually think about it, I'm trying to help you. I don't gain anything from writing negative comments on other people's applications. The players that I support are people who I genuinely think can do a good job. In your case, you haven't bothered to fix any of the mistakes you made in your previous guard app even though it was pointed out several times. This signifies a lack of attention to detail and that's a bad trait to have as guard. If you think everyone who gives you criticism is doing it maliciously, then you will not last as a guard because you aren't going to learn.

I highly suggest you take a second look at your application and fix these mistakes:

1) You applying for Guard, use the proper format.
2) Try to cut down your app to make it more concise and to the point. You have a few instances where you repeat yourself or include unnecessary information. For example, you state that you know the rules at least 5 times. Remember that quality outweighs quantity.

3) You plagiarized Noxehhh and have the exact same sentences in your app.http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3172.0.html

Quote:  Well, there are many reason as to why you should pick me to be our next guard, I will start with my surreal competence in pvp. I will admit I'm kinda rusty now, but with some warm up fights, I will be a force to be reckoned with.  Since I've been guard on many servers, your rules are actually almost exactly the same as an old prison server, so the transition will not be a hassle. I'm not very harsh or too overbearing when I guard, I know what I can and cannot do in all aspects of the job at hand. I do not pick favorites and I treat everyone with respect regardless if they respect me or not. I know the responsibilities a guard should have, and I feel if you let me show you what I am made of, you will not be disappointed in the slightest.

4) You plagiarized hamann's mod app. http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3...l#msg17178

Quote: I feel that I'm now more used to the community and can take on this task. I can be trusted with the powers that I would get from being a mod, and I have experience being a staff member. I've been staff on a total of 8 or 9 servers in my lifetime, my most recent one was convicted, where I was a guard for 3 years before becoming and AlphaGuard.(Head-Guard here) If I'm picked I will work well with the other staff members and Maaty (a current mod) is a friend of mine from convicted and we were both AlphaGuards there. I would be comfortable in that position and I believe that I can help MCP be a more welcoming, safe place.

5) You also plagiarized TGOutbreak's guard app http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3183.0.html

Quote:Being a Guard is not something someone deserves but more of who has earned it. I would like to join the staff team because I am a very kind person, am willing to help anyone upon request,
and am an easy person to get along with. I do understand how the punishment system works and know all the rules needed for the position.
I have been moderator on a few servers in the past and police the same thing as a guard.  Whilst as police you are to take the contraband from players and jail them when caught.  I understand here you count down from 5, to give people a chance to hand over the contraband items you have requested for. I have played Convicted in the past before all the changes. I am mature for my age and would like to help the community more and help it grow. I greet all new comers to the server and try and help if they have questions in chat.
I am responsible and would not (treat or use in a very mean, unfair way) the Guard position however i would still be helping and warning players when they break rules. I would help make Jail a place where people come and have fun without fear of any insulting comments. When people come to MCP they want to have fun and be part of a growing community of like minded gamers and provide a great image to new and current users to help bring more users to the server.

6) You also plagiarized me. http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3117.0.html

Quote:Being a staff member is something I am highly familiar with. I have been an admin on a survival server for nearly 2 years until it ended up going down. I ran my own server for less than a year which did a lot better than a survival server could with the advanced modding everywhere else. Aside from my previous experience, I believe that I posses qualities that will benefit the server and the community. I am mature and can tell the difference between right and wrong. It sounds like such a menial trait, but it is a trait that has been often left for granted. I also genuinely enjoy helping others. I try to greet the fresh-spawns as frequently as possible and try to help them get established. I remember, 2 weeks or so ago, I killed a C and Maaty told me not to do it because it drives them away from the server. I realized that he was right and since them have done nothing but help new comers. I admit I am not the greatest pvper but I certainly am not the worst and when it comes to protecting players, I will not back down. I hope you take my application into consideration as I feel I can be a beneficial member of the staff team.

Your entire application is a collection of plagiarism with a few instances of your incoherent text. You are not fit to be staff here and I question if there are other instances where you lied. -1
[/quote]
Hmm great work Big Grin

signature

[Image: 06RpXAX.png]
[Image: 59Quth5.png]
[Image: dOpSRFk.png]

Messages In This Thread
MikeTheos23's Guard Application - by MikeTheos23 - Feb 1st, 2016, 11:31 PM
Re: MikeTheos23's Guard Application - by Noxehhh - Feb 2nd, 2016, 11:23 AM
Re: MikeTheos23's Guard Application - by Girlsrock5133 - Feb 3rd, 2016, 08:04 PM
Re: MikeTheos23's Guard Application - by LaughNgamez - Feb 12th, 2016, 08:21 PM