A Quick Message to the Chat Offence Nazis
I'll make it clear.  Swearing [includes sexual talk] = Chat Offence : Racism = Tempban/Ban : Caps = Adjustable Chat Offence

1. There are kids on the server, swearing pushes them away and makes them feel uncomfortable on the server.  If I were 8 years old and walked into a minecraft server chat that says
lol fuck her right in the pussy fuck my ugly ass ass hole loose cock fucking cum testicles up zeedin's ass
I'd leave right away.

2. Racism -- explains itself

3. this is what bothers me the most.  If someone says 'WHERE?' I'm not going to call freaking chat offence!  The chat offence system is in place to keep the chat clean of unprofessional and inappropriate texts.  Too much capitalization is like spam, and if someone says WHERE? and you're freaking out because it's above 4 letters than you're a bit over dramatic.  A chat should have excitement and a bit of terrain to it, I hate it when I see this:

pointlessbob: yeah i love zeedin butt
craftincreeper: this impossible is not possible but i do agree to the evil masters
silas_bowen: lets keep using lowercase letters to make chat boring

The only time I'd call for caps for the 2 chat offence is when someone says a FULL SENTENCE of caps. ex. "PIGMINE123 QUICK COME TO F HOME WE ARE GETTING RAIDED HOLY CRAP OMG COME QUICK HELP ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

^ That's when capitalization is considered chat offence, not HELP or ROFL or SILAS!

I'd also call 1 chat offence is it's a bit escalated, like "SILAS PLEASE help me i REALLLLY need help with my FREAKING PLOT

mcp's rules should be flexible, not strict nazi watchdog exact perfection government gonna sue your ass type crap

signature

where did Warden astral go

Messages In This Thread
A Quick Message to the Chat Offence Nazis - by pointlessbob - Jul 14th, 2014, 08:45 AM