The Guardly Gazette Plot Contest Scandal Special
I would like to say that I put the Israeli flag and I’m so glad it was the reason that me and coolskate’s plot got “most quaint”! And dragon, great post, you should do more of these! +1

signature

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: vipersig.jpg]
(Dec 29th, 2018, 12:11 AM)masterovieOG link Wrote:I wanna be president one day and Dwight D. Eisenhower was a true inspiration to me and his beliefs were good but I can’t copy anything he did since it’s already been done before even though it helped people.  Gotta think of all new ideas that will take forever to think of and might end up being a big disaster, oh well.

Presidents rarely have new ideas yet they generally aren't copying each other verbatim, whereas on MCP the players copied the plots entirely and then changed the color of glass or something simple.

You can't say you're inspired to build your own plot by someone else's design when you copy the entire thing... what was inspiring about that? How does searching "Minecraft Christmas Houses" on Google shed any creativity?

You are basically telling people that in order to do well in these plot contests that they need to copy someone else. Should the entire server build an identical plot? Would everyone win then if they were all the same? Maybe they were all inspired by the same Youtube video made in Minecraft Alpha...
(Dec 29th, 2018, 01:12 AM)TheTurtlePlayer link Wrote:I would like to say that I put the Israeli flag and I’m so glad it was the reason that me and coolskate’s plot got “most quaint”! And dragon, great post, you should do more of these! +1
Speaking of coolskate's plot why aren't we talking about how ovie had no clue whatsoever he was doing when judging that category

signature

[Image: GcYiQ0T.png]
[Image: BgdujAZ.png]
Also anyone wanna care to explain why no one said shit about people copying plots until after?  How is a person supposed to know if it was copied or not if they aren’t told... 

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
(Dec 29th, 2018, 09:29 AM)masterovieOG link Wrote:Also anyone wanna care to explain why no one said shit about people copying plots until after?  How is a person supposed to know if it was copied or not if they aren’t told...
Look at the plots

signature

[Image: GcYiQ0T.png]
[Image: BgdujAZ.png]
(Dec 29th, 2018, 09:42 AM)evevet101 link Wrote:[quote author=masterovieOG link=topic=6086.msg37118#msg37118 date=1546100950]
Also anyone wanna care to explain why no one said shit about people copying plots until after?  How is a person supposed to know if it was copied or not if they aren’t told...
Look at the plots
[/quote]
Look at your face, whore.

signature

[Image: wGNJe78.png]
[Image: fde7785abc1392076c4a6dd643840c88.png]
(Dec 29th, 2018, 09:29 AM)masterovieOG link Wrote:Also anyone wanna care to explain why no one said shit about people copying plots until after?  How is a person supposed to know if it was copied or not if they aren’t told...

I hate to say this but:

wouldn't it be best if the judge does his or her due diligence before awarding a place in a contest?

As the article stated in the past that plots that were copies were automatically disqualified.
I think some of these things are fair criticisms but this is the first time Ovie has personally picked plots for this contest. It's fair to note that we shouldn't count plots that clearly are just rebuilds (if that is what the community wants as a rule) we will just have to keep that in mind next contest if that is what the community wants and the Wardens are willing to oblige. To go back and rejudge plots would probably cause too much of an issue.

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
(Dec 29th, 2018, 06:11 PM)DogTag93 link Wrote:I think some of these things are fair criticisms but this is the first time Ovie has personally picked plots for this contest. It's fair to note that we shouldn't count plots that clearly are just rebuilds (if that is what the community wants as a rule) we will just have to keep that in mind next contest if that is what the community wants and the Wardens are willing to oblige. To go back and rejudge plots would probably cause too much of an issue.

+1

signature

[Image: fe39e1a26ff575dc3b6ab620cb88514e.png]

The Reformed One