The Guardly Gazette Plot Contest Scandal Special
(Dec 28th, 2018, 11:02 AM)Coolskate2449 link Wrote:Wait a minute, thats dope, what do I get for most quaint? XD
I’ll give you a hug.

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
(Dec 28th, 2018, 02:12 PM)Ryan10000 link Wrote:[quote author=AcidBlitz_ link=topic=6086.msg37098#msg37098 date=1546011284]
I did use that video as reference of what to build on my plot but I made it my own style and added different things. I don’t see an issue there.

The point of the plot entry was never to copy someone else's idea, but to be creative and make your own.

The issue is when people spend a lot of time and effort making an original plot only to be beat by someone who copied a house made by someone else 5 years ago. The fact that 2 of the 3 winners have unoriginal plots only discourages people from spending time and making creative plots. If you essentially need to copy someone else to win, why would people bother creating their own?
[/quote] yea but since not everyone is good at building / creative thinking, they wouldn’t bother making one if they can’t get ideas on what to build, you’d rather have 1 person who is great at building always winning just because others aren’t allowed to get ideas from somewhere else?

signature

(Dec 28th, 2018, 02:12 PM)Ryan10000 link Wrote:[quote author=AcidBlitz_ link=topic=6086.msg37098#msg37098 date=1546011284]
I did use that video as reference of what to build on my plot but I made it my own style and added different things. I don’t see an issue there.

The point of the plot entry was never to copy someone else's idea, but to be creative and make your own.

The issue is when people spend a lot of time and effort making an original plot only to be beat by someone who copied a house made by someone else 5 years ago. The fact that 2 of the 3 winners have unoriginal plots only discourages people from spending time and making creative plots. If you essentially need to copy someone else to win, why would people bother creating their own?
[/quote]

I agree.  By the time I got my plot, most people already had their designs made out and I didn't want to be similar to them.  I was going to put rails on my green and red pathways in the ground floor but i decided not to for making it a toy factory.
(Dec 28th, 2018, 02:23 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote:[quote author=Ryan10000 link=topic=6086.msg37103#msg37103 date=1546031551]
[quote author=AcidBlitz_ link=topic=6086.msg37098#msg37098 date=1546011284]

[/quote] yea but since not everyone is good at building / creative thinking, they wouldn’t bother making one if they can’t get ideas on what to build, you’d rather have 1 person who is great at building always winning just because others aren’t allowed to get ideas from somewhere else?
[/quote]

Honestly if there aren't any good builders on the server and one person made the 3 best plots, then yeah I think that person should win all 3 spots.

I don't think it's a bad thing to get inspiration from other people, but when the only thing you change is the color of glass you should definitely be disqualified.

You could consider me the worst builder MCP has ever seen (have you looked at my Atlantis plot?) but I took time and tried to be creative. Next plot contest should I just look on youtube for nice looking plots and copy them to win?
whoever is bitching in this post is childish

y a l l s h o u l d s h u t t h e f u c k u p

signature

+1 anyone can look at a tutorial, it should be about creativity, doesnt matter if you are a good or bad builder, you shouldnt win for copying a youtube tutorial.

signature

[Image: fe39e1a26ff575dc3b6ab620cb88514e.png]

The Reformed One
I think we can all agree my paintings are the true MVP and #1 of this plot contest.
Like come on, I have the white house on the inside and a jewish star on the outside.

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]
Good read!
I wanna be president one day and Dwight D. Eisenhower was a true inspiration to me and his beliefs were good but I can’t copy anything he did since it’s already been done before even though it helped people.  Gotta think of all new ideas that will take forever to think of and might end up being a big disaster, oh well. 

signature

(Dec 29th, 2018, 12:11 AM)masterovieOG link Wrote:I wanna be president one day and Dwight D. Eisenhower was a true inspiration to me and his beliefs were good but I can’t copy anything he did since it’s already been done before even though it helped people.  Gotta think of all new ideas that will take forever to think of and might end up being a big disaster, oh well.
You can be inspired by someone/something and still use your own imagination and creativity

signature

[Image: fe39e1a26ff575dc3b6ab620cb88514e.png]

The Reformed One