Nator27 Abuse Report
(Jan 4th, 2018, 12:47 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: Going on this report and the things that have been added I think one of the major things that needs to be pointed out it the lack of using the chat moderator system and instead going straight to the punishments.

I can agree that going straight to a punishment isn't needed but the chat moderator system is not required. Enforcing chat offensives is subjective and is based off common sense. Zs deserved a warning but after that it is up to staff to decide how they would like to proceed. Silas wouldn't let nator have co perms if he didn't think nator could moderate chat. I do think nator should reread the rules and learn to remove himself from the situation before he acts.

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
(Jan 4th, 2018, 01:18 PM)DogTag93 link Wrote: I can agree that going straight to a punishment isn't needed but the chat moderator system is not required. Enforcing chat offensives is subjective and is based off common sense. Zs deserved a warning but after that it is up to staff to decide how they would like to proceed. Silas wouldn't let nator have co perms if he didn't think nator could moderate chat. I do think nator should reread the rules and learn to remove himself from the situation before he acts.

I will disagree with that logic based off of this,

When it comes to promoting staff I usually see how long they've been in their current spot and if its been a good amount of time without any issues.

Moderation comes with the A-Guard promotion. Hell even Link was given mod perms when he got A-Guard. The chat moderation system isnt required? If that was the case we should get rid of all the mods, erase the threads to apply and their "RULES//GUIDELINES. Only after a user has been punished once, a mute or temp ban or whatever the situation calls for should they handle it how they themselves feel best. However before then they should be following their RULES//GUIDELINES.

However, if people feel the rules arent required we might as well go all out and go with the automated chat systems and replace our mods entirely, as well as remove the mod perms from A-Up Guards.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
From the Mod rules themselves.

Quote:The rules in this post apply to any staff member A-Guard or above.
Moderators on MCP operate on common sense supported by many guidelines. It is their duty to see the server is kept a clean and friendly environment. While it is not mandatory, Staff are encouraged to follow instructions on how to handle certain situations. It is not possible to create a guideline on how to handle every offense, because of this we rely on Moderators to be fair and effectively handle situations.

I'm not advocating anarchy, but Silas picks those who he can trust to uphold just rules. 

signature

On mobile so quoting is annoying,

When it comes to promoting staff I usually see how long they've been in their current spot and if its been a good amount of time without any issues.

Thats based on promoting. Nator was selected for guard yes, and despite a few hiccups he has done a fair job. However, becoming an A-Guard with mod duties is a bit different and from the evidence provided its obvious that he doesnt know what he is doing. The mod rules need to stop being guidelines and need to return to being the solid rules. As guidelines things like this happen. One off case of this yes, however it is also pointing out flaws in the moderating system. This obviously opens up discussion on a whole different topic and should have its own post soon™. This is still an abuse report so going back and forth like this is pointless. More than welcome to continue this whether in private or in thread directed towards this topic.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
I agree there needs to be a limit for "hiccups" but that's really up to Silas to decide.

As for the rest of you're statement I can agree to. I have nothing else to add.

signature

Thank you Kanye, very cool! I have demoted this staff member, the prison is safe from corruption once more.

signature

[Image: wGNJe78.png]
[Image: fde7785abc1392076c4a6dd643840c88.png]