Change Guards
1. Is your idea logical? Yes
2. Could it be done easily? Very easily
3. Has something like it been done before? Probably not, they always get buffed
4. Has this idea been suggested before? No

Alright so, today Tysun and I were attempting to kill MasterScare. As you all know with 10+ players on guards get res 2. I believe this is seriously strong due to the fact that MCP average playercount is almost always 10+. So basically it took me and TySun literally 7 minutes to kill Scare while he was literally chugging gaps and also bowing us the whole time. He can essentially chug gaps and live forever and then just punch us away with the bow. Their armor is also currently basically unbreakable, we legit did not break even his helmet after whaling on him for 7 minutes straight.

These are my proposed changes (I would just want one to be implemented)
- Nerf the protection on their armor
- Nerf the unbreaking on their armor
- Nerf res 2 as a whole
- Nerf kit gapple or make a limit to how many they can carry possibly
- Buff their damage (sharpness level) BUT nerf them to res 1

Overall I think guards are a bit overtuned right now, if it takes 7 minutes for two players consistently whaling on a guard (we have str 2). Something is definitely not ok.
- Nerf the unbreaking on their armor

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]
This is in hardcore faction chat, might want to move it to MCP

signature

[Image: 0Xy4rwK.jpg]

[Image: lpFQ2b2.jpg]
Guard's Are not supposed to be an easy enemy. On that occasion, I had more gapples then the default range you spawn with. I didn't really chug all the way through only when trapped in a corner or really low on health. I feel that lowering the changes of protection would mean people with say strength 3 from coke would kill us in a flash. Personally, I feel you need to fight a bit more with the guard before coming up with this opinion. I do agree however with the last proposal "Buff their damage (sharpness level) BUT nerf them to res 1" HOWEVER, at the moment i feel guard/pvp is in the right place

signature

(Dec 8th, 2018, 06:01 PM)Mr.Scare link Wrote: Guard's Are not supposed to be an easy enemy. On that occasion, I had more gapples then the default range you spawn with. I didn't really chug all the way through only when trapped in a corner or really low on health. I feel that lowering the changes of protection would mean people with say strength 3 from coke would kill us in a flash. Personally, I feel you need to fight a bit more with the guard before coming up with this opinion. I do agree however with the last proposal "Buff their damage (sharpness level) BUT nerf them to res 1" HOWEVER, at the moment i feel guard/pvp is in the right place
Listen buddy, Ive been fighting guards for 5 years. I have played on this server more than you have by a LOT. I know better than most how to fight guards and when they are bad or broken.

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]
(Dec 8th, 2018, 06:49 PM)Coolskate2449 link Wrote: [quote author=Mr.Scare link=topic=6017.msg36606#msg36606 date=1544317297]
Guard's Are not supposed to be an easy enemy. On that occasion, I had more gapples then the default range you spawn with. I didn't really chug all the way through only when trapped in a corner or really low on health. I feel that lowering the changes of protection would mean people with say strength 3 from coke would kill us in a flash. Personally, I feel you need to fight a bit more with the guard before coming up with this opinion. I do agree however with the last proposal "Buff their damage (sharpness level) BUT nerf them to res 1" HOWEVER, at the moment i feel guard/pvp is in the right place
Listen buddy, Ive been fighting guards for 5 years. I have played on this server more than you have by a LOT. I know better than most how to fight guards and when they are bad or broken.
[/quote]

Someone can have a different option to you and that doesn't mean it's wrong. Times change since you have played and guard buff/nerf must follow. You may be a veteran but that doesn't mean you understand what is best for mcp. Don't get so aggressive when people counter your opinion

signature

After 7 minutes, I know in a 2v1, my armor is normally beat to all hell and am normally super low on resources. Now if guards whole purpose was to be grinded all day and night then this would be a problem. You claimed in-game the problem is that guards don't take damage, when I fight most people, the only thing I can do to avoid dying is chug gaps, guards take a lot of damage and players deal a lot of damage its just that guards chug more than normal players and are able to regen more. Before huge buffs they would die in a matter of seconds if they didn't provide and personal items to help with guarding. Some minor changes could be made but right now guards seem fine. They spawn with anywhere from 20-40 gaps most of the time they spawn with less than 32 gaps and a lot of gaps now-a-days provide their own gapples.

signature

(Apr 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:No singing in Communist MCP Kappa

F

"I don't think it's Dragon, I think he is just being retarded as usual." - zs471 4/26/2017

You will be remembered zs471, F.

(Sep 24th, 2017, 09:25 AM)zs471 link Wrote:You know I was actually just thinking to myself, 'You know who would be a good guard?' Then it came to me. Obviously Dragon1240 would be a good guard. +1
(Dec 8th, 2018, 06:49 PM)Coolskate2449 link Wrote: [quote author=Mr.Scare link=topic=6017.msg36606#msg36606 date=1544317297]
[/quote]

You've been banned the majority of those 5 years IMO.

We keep an eye on guards, currently it's post reset so players don't have as much gear to kill guards with. We'd honestly rather have guards be too tough then too weak currently.

signature

???
I think they should spawn with less gaps, these fights take 7 minutes not because of res 2 but simply because they r just chugging back gaps, the gaps only prolong their certain death. so i agree their damage should be buffed a little but spawn with alot less gaps. Gaps are a valuable resource to the prisoners and we actually have to work to get them, guards on the other hand spawn with 30 and have a command to get more, and when they finally die after eating all of their gaps they just spawn with another 30.

signature

[Image: fe39e1a26ff575dc3b6ab620cb88514e.png]

The Reformed One
I believe this article is true I've tried to kill guards many times and failed because of the res 2 and the way to high in I have been in this same situation  multiple times. Getting like 3 people to constantly hit guards for minutes straight and just not even breaking  any armour