TySun's Killing whilst loading
Your IGN: TraphouseCorndog
Offender's? IGN: TySun
Offender's rank: Free
What the offender was doing: Killing me whilst I was loading the server's custom resource pack
What server this was on: Prison
When this happened: (Include date and timezone): Approximately 5pm EST
Proof: Unfortunately, I was not able to catch a screen shot of my death message before I crashed, but Server Logs can be checked, and I will also attach a copy of my personal logs if requested.
Additional info: Now, I know that PvP is extremely common on Prison and Faction servers, but this was kind of uncalled for. I was joining the server to say hello and maybe work on my plot, and whilst loading the server's custom resource pack, I was killed by TySun. While PvP is allowed and is an important aspect of the game, I find this extremely toxic, and in my opinion, an "exploit". The server's resource pack has custom Sprites for items, custom images, and even several custom MP3 files to load every time you join. With this said, it personally takes me about 30 seconds to load the resource pack before even being able to start rendering chunks. [bRule 8. No abusing any bugs or glitches that you either discovered or heard about. Please report them to a staff member if you find one.][/b] I would without doubt say that this is an exploit of server weakness/vulnerability, especially because I know of players that have longer wait times than I do.

As I said before, PvP is an important and really is a key aspect of playing on this game-mode, but I'd like to think that the player base of CDGS has a little respect, and a touch of morality. I really expected more from this server, but I'm starting to see more and more behavior like this, resulting in new players and old players alike leaving due to unfair practices. It's kind of sad to see this occurring, especially with players who aren't new to being mischievous and certainly aren't new to the server

signature

[Image: xS21j9z.jpg]
"Killing me whilst I was loading the server's custom resource pack" Not against the rules, you were in a PvP zone, I killed you. I did nothing wrong.
"I find this extremely toxic, and in my opinion, an "exploit". The server's resource pack has custom Sprites for items, custom images, and even several custom MP3 files to load every time you join." If you believe this to be an exploit it should be in bug reports, not player reports
"I really expected more from this server, but I'm starting to see more and more behavior like this, resulting in new players and old players alike leaving due to unfair practices." If you expected to not be killed standing in a PvP zone, I don't think PvP servers are for you. My behavior in PvP has not driven away a single player nor broken any rule. While I AM indeed sometimes toxic and cocky in chat, I have done nothing PvP wise or exploit wise to earn any punishment. I find this post to be overdramatic, acting like you're losing faith in the server because you died and lost some stuff
Toxicity is up to Silas. or a Mod.

signature

[Image: vGj99MJ.png]
[Image: NtbBLJ4.png]
Log out in a safezone.

signature

???
(Jul 3rd, 2018, 03:03 PM)TySun link Wrote:"Killing me whilst I was loading the server's custom resource pack" Not against the rules, you were in a PvP zone, I killed you. I did nothing wrong.
"I find this extremely toxic, and in my opinion, an "exploit". The server's resource pack has custom Sprites for items, custom images, and even several custom MP3 files to load every time you join." If you believe this to be an exploit it should be in bug reports, not player reports
"I really expected more from this server, but I'm starting to see more and more behavior like this, resulting in new players and old players alike leaving due to unfair practices." If you expected to not be killed standing in a PvP zone, I don't think PvP servers are for you. My behavior in PvP has not driven away a single player nor broken any rule. While I AM indeed sometimes toxic and cocky in chat, I have done nothing PvP wise or exploit wise to earn any punishment. I find this post to be overdramatic, acting like you're losing faith in the server because you died and lost some stuff

1.) While it’s your opinion, and I respect that, I don’t think it’s your call to say that “PvP servers are for me”. If you have the mentality that killing someone that can’t even see anything is funny and okay, I quite frankly don’t think PvP servers are for you either.
2.) Noted that this should most likely be reported as a bug, my bad on that one
3.) While “your” individual behavior hasn’t caused anyone to leave, people in your group as well have others have created an environment that  doesn’t allow for people to play the way they’d like, especially new players. Anyone could make the argument that “everything in the prison is also in the free world”, but that’s not the case when new people try to advance through the ranks.
4.) I’m not “acting like I’m losing faith”, I was just kind of disappointed that things like this happen. The reason that CDGS is the “Longest running classic prison server” is because people feel welcomed and appriciated. However, when you get a death message before you even get off of the loading screen, it’s not really all that welcoming.
5.) “Overdramatic” was indeed the correct word to use. Seeing as I haven’t played on the server much today or yesterday, I do realize that my above statement was indeed overdramatic, but I do still believe that there’s a lot that could have been different, and a lot that could still be changed in the attitude and conduct of players, including myself.

signature

[Image: xS21j9z.jpg]
how is anyone meant to know your loading the resource pack and not just standing there like a dumb dumb ?