7/23/2017 9:24
Why were you banned?
For bypassing ban.
Are you at fault?
No
What was your rank on MCP?
E
Why should we unban you?
Since me and my brother share the same IP adress and he has been banned. It is not fair that I should also be punished for his mistake.
Additional info:
I should not be banned. My brother was banned Permenatly and due to us sharing the same IP I was also banned for bypassing. I should not be banned.
Also will this affect my guard application?
once one account gets ban from one ip any other that log in get banned also

signature

[Image: 9aabf691e1dff868f2587373a1555d92.png]
Don't mean to kick a man while he's down, but it clearly states in the rules that you're responsible for your account, and you said you read the rules in your Guard App
Quote:9. You are responsible for your account. If someone does something on your account that gets you punished, there is nothing we can do
(Jul 23rd, 2017, 06:49 PM)TySun link Wrote:Don't mean to kick a man while he's down, but it clearly states in the rules that you're responsible for your account, and you said you read the rules in your Guard App
Quote:9. You are responsible for your account. If someone does something on your account that gets you punished, there is nothing we can do

He did not go on my account. He is my brother and we share the same network IP. I have been banned due to bypassing.
(Jul 23rd, 2017, 06:56 PM)8_Bit_Pro link Wrote:[quote author=TySun link=topic=5205.msg30526#msg30526 date=1500860954]
Don't mean to kick a man while he's down, but it clearly states in the rules that you're responsible for your account, and you said you read the rules in your Guard App

He did not go on my account. He is my brother and we share the same network IP. I have been banned due to bypassing.
[/quote] Doesn't matter. The rule dosent mean ONLY when he gets on your account. The rule is a generalization, which pretty much generalizes that ANYTHING involving you getting banned due to another persons mistake, if it falls under IP, Account, Shared Connection, or anything like that, there is nothing they can do
It's even worse considering it's IP. They can't unban your IP, or your brother can get back on. If the Staff makes it a normal ban your brother can still get on Alts and your Account.
I would suggest your brother make an appeal. He got banned for mentioning a server name and I've seen others receive some slack for that. I believe it's his first offense, right?
(Jul 23rd, 2017, 07:39 PM)Ryiane link Wrote:I would suggest your brother make an appeal. He got banned for mentioning a server name and I've seen others receive some slack for that. I believe it's his first offense, right?

He did not get banned for that he got banned for telling someone he was going to destroy him also and thats what got him banned. (He said destroy with something else but I dont remember)
(Jul 23rd, 2017, 07:05 PM)TySun link Wrote:It's even worse considering it's IP. They can't unban your IP, or your brother can get back on. If the Staff makes it a normal ban your brother can still get on Alts and your Account.

If use a VPN while only playing on the server will that work if you give him a Ban IP?
9. You are responsible for your account. If someone does something on your account that gets you punished, there is nothing we can do. If you are worried about an occurrence like this, change your Minecraft password. If you share an internet connection with another player you may be responsible for their actions. This is a risk you take and it is your responsibility to stop them from breaking the rules, if this is an issue don't use a shared connection.

15. No VPNs/Proxies. If you use one you may be banned instantly. If you have a technical reason for using one clear it with a Warden first.

As has already been said it might be best if your brother can make an appeal and get unbanned then there will be no issues going forward.