Factions war
Usually go through process of answering questions blah blah blah

Can it be done easy : Yes
Has it been done before : Not during my time
Has it been suggested before : Maybe?

The title is basically the suggestion, hold an event every month pitting the factions against one another, allies and truces would be disabled, and the Winner / Runner up factions would receive a prize of their choice, the prize could be for the leader of the winning / runner up factions or each member could get a less rare/expensive items ect ect. As they are a factions themselves guards would be allowed to compete in this event as well obviously.

Even if this isn't made an official thing for wardens/silas to host I'll try to do of of these for my own in the near future either way.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
How would we determine the winner? What factors would be judged in order to determine the outcome? How would we include lower ranks?

signature

-Wisdom is a rare treasure and should be given sparingly, for the true prize is knowledge, gained by one's own experience.-

[Image: 5082afb33a3358569e1763040f96bff5.png]
(Aug 15th, 2016, 02:05 PM)aldronaran link Wrote: How would we determine the winner? What factors would be judged in order to determine the outcome? How would we include lower ranks?

"War"  Meaning that it would be a pvp based event for factions, where the allies and truces would be disabled so the factions could fight, would go bracket style of course. As for lower ranks if enough wanted to be in it the Warden hosting the event could place them in a temp faction.

signature

Or since you are the leader of the Cartel instead of doing just drugs you can order your members to kill other facs so that can start a fac war.

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
(Aug 15th, 2016, 02:10 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote: Or since you are the leader of the Cartel instead of doing just drugs you can order your members to kill other facs so that can start a fac war.

Didn't consider this however it's not a given that the other faction will fight back and a faction war gives incentive to join and participate.

signature

So its a team PvP event based on factions? Large factions would win by default because of sheer mass, not skill. Also the disabling of truces and allies would be hard to reinstate afterwards without serious work in the server files themselves. Maybe instead, factions can nominate 3-4 members as champions to fight in a bracket, which could grant the faction some kind of buff or prize. Maybe even just have teams put together by anyone, and the participants win prizes regardless of faction or rank. That would make skill required in order to avoid harming teammates, and make it easier for Wardens/Admins to simply drag and drop people into the event.

However, most events need to be automatic. An event like this would have to be regulated by a Warden; meaning it would be a rare event, if not just a special occasion. Its a cool idea, but would be cumbersome and likely very difficult in practice.

signature

-Wisdom is a rare treasure and should be given sparingly, for the true prize is knowledge, gained by one's own experience.-

[Image: 5082afb33a3358569e1763040f96bff5.png]
(Aug 15th, 2016, 02:19 PM)aldronaran link Wrote: So its a team PvP event based on factions? Large factions would win by default because of sheer mass, not skill. Also the disabling of truces and allies would be hard to reinstate afterwards without serious work in the server files themselves. Maybe instead, factions can nominate 3-4 members as champions to fight in a bracket, which could grant the faction some kind of buff or prize. Maybe even just have teams put together by anyone, and the participants win prizes regardless of faction or rank. That would make skill required in order to avoid harming teammates, and make it easier for Wardens/Admins to simply drag and drop people into the event.

However, most events need to be automatic. An event like this would have to be regulated by a Warden; meaning it would be a rare event, if not just a special occasion. Its a cool idea, but would be cumbersome and likely very difficult in practice.

I should have made it more clear I'm sorry lol. You stated something I should have in the original posts, Each faction would nominate 3-4 of their members to fight for the faction. When I state that Truces and allies would be disabled I mean the factions would remove the truce/ally with the other faction they are going against. The server wouldn't have to remove those but the players themselves. In the original post I stated this would be a monthly thing not something done automatically, so yeah it would be required to be regulated by a Warden/Silas but it would be a nice event for the factions and players. Though as before even if this isn't accepted I'll look into setting these up monthly myself to give the faction players something nice to do.

signature

Guards would obviously win if there is a good amount of people competing because they wold get their insane buffs( With alot of people res 2 srt 2 speed 2), and use of /armour /gapple

signature

[Image: mkBL7zX.png]
[Image: 3f2d36868b5f5bd4e6f50be87a33e298.png]
(Aug 15th, 2016, 03:34 PM)WyldcatG link Wrote: Guards would obviously win if there is a good amount of people competing because they wold get their insane buffs( With alot of people res 2 srt 2 speed 2), and use of /armour /gapple

Much with Geo arena their buffs could be temporarily removed or the players/faction going against them would be given the buffs. As for teh /kits if found using them they would be disqualified.

signature