Voting and Ranks :P
So first voting,

As we know we, the people of the server, want to have the people who play MCP to vote to get the server number 1 on whatever server list we are on, so I figured a way that might get people voting would be to reward them. This is slightly built off of Geo's idea, so Tongue. But say we set a monthly goal of number of votes that the server wants and if the monthly goal is set throw a custom block party with requests, within reason, from the participants. So say we reach the monthly goal and as a reward we get the custom block party and whoever is throwing it takes requests for blocks from the people playing at the time. Or set a list of goals for the server votes and when a goal is reached, say like fifty everybody gets something, reach a hundred we get something else....ect ect.

As far as ranks go I would think for names for future ranks, seeing as we have already done the baron thing after citizen and seeing as we aren't following the a, b, c, thing like most servers (Which is good) I figured we could sort of have it like escaping prison and building your way up through society type thing, so say after Baron you could do something like Worker, then maybe something like Mayor and build up and finally get President. I realize with new ranks would mean increasing the money for ranking up but I think that, getting money and ranking up is the best part of doing a prison server.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
:O? mit? ur my hero ;D

i totally agree on what everything mit is saying? especially the more ranks idea? like the worker rank could lead to large in game businesses? a "society" if you will? and that will make the server a lot more economic? And, it probably would increase donations A Lot? ppl in the "businesses" would want to make specific? Top Line products? and they would want to have as many resources to make it, and sell it, that they can get? this would make the server very industrial?, this would add a whole new level of "fun" to the sever, and also increase votes, and amount of players? and well, it just keeps getting better and better? please consider this silas...
there are a few things:

this is a prison server. the server-type that you are suggesting is different entirely. perhaps, if silas likes the idea, we could have a similar server on the CDGS hub.

second: if it were to be implemented, the name Baron would have to be removed, since a baron is someone who is the ruler of a small area, but is still under the jurisdiction of a kingship or queenship

signature

(Apr 22nd, 2014, 10:43 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:Zeedins ass is no joke.
hmmmm? well i guess that makes sense astral :/
Okay what about the voting idea?

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
(Jan 31st, 2014, 10:07 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: Okay what about the voting idea?
in my opinion, the votes thing is neat, but it should be changed a touch. instead of giving everyone something (even those that didn't vote), we could give 30 levels to the player once they reached however many votes

signature

(Jan 31st, 2014, 06:16 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: So first voting,

As we know we, the people of the server, want to have the people who play MCP to vote to get the server number 1 on whatever server list we are on, so I figured a way that might get people voting would be to reward them. This is slightly built off of Geo's idea, so Tongue. But say we set a monthly goal of number of votes that the server wants and if the monthly goal is set throw a custom block party with requests, within reason, from the participants. So say we reach the monthly goal and as a reward we get the custom block party and whoever is throwing it takes requests for blocks from the people playing at the time. Or set a list of goals for the server votes and when a goal is reached, say like fifty everybody gets something, reach a hundred we get something else....ect ect.

As far as ranks go I would think for names for future ranks, seeing as we have already done the baron thing after citizen and seeing as we aren't following the a, b, c, thing like most servers (Which is good) I figured we could sort of have it like escaping prison and building your way up through society type thing, so say after Baron you could do something like Worker, then maybe something like Mayor and build up and finally get President. I realize with new ranks would mean increasing the money for ranking up but I think that, getting money and ranking up is the best part of doing a prison server.

adventually someone could own their own town...

signature

[Image: 46w4L0e.jpg]
(Feb 1st, 2014, 02:33 PM)summonhalo link Wrote: [quote author=mitsuo_wolfblood link=topic=235.msg1197#msg1197 date=1391217364]
-snipsnarp-

adventually someone could own their own town...
[/quote]
meaning like a towny server? because if the towny plugin was used, we'd have to remove factions, which is something that I could not see happening unless factions was never updated again

signature

oh hells naw? never delete factions...