Operation Make Anvils Great Again
1. Is your idea logical? Very much so (Will get denied buuut :^ ) ))
2. Could it be done easily? Very much so
3. Has something like it been done before? Yup prior to custom enchant
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Probably

Lets set the scene.

Imagine you're out in the free world traveling and you come upon this dope ass village. You find a few librarians and you click on the last one and check his trade. You find a dope ass trade of 24 emeralds and a book for a silk touch. I mean you could put it to use but Anvils have a special plugin meaning enchanted books are useless Sad((.

The suggestion if you haven't figured it out is to revert Anvils to default or make a way to add enchanted books onto your items for a x amount of exp 30-45 levels.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
Problem is having a good UI to do this.

signature

???
(Aug 6th, 2016, 02:54 AM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: Problem is having a good UI to do this.

I'm probably being stupid and confusing "UI" for GUI and the only thing I've seen like this would be the /disenchant plug in. Wasn't sure if there was some way to enable this while keeping the custom enchant plugin we currently have.

signature

(Aug 6th, 2016, 03:37 AM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: [quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=4083.msg23645#msg23645 date=1470477292]
Problem is having a good UI to do this.

I'm probably being stupid and confusing "UI" for GUI and the only thing I've seen like this would be the /disenchant plug in. Wasn't sure if there was some way to enable this while keeping the custom enchant plugin we currently have.
[/quote] when are you not stupid? also idk the difference between UI and GUI either

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
I feel the custom enchant and anvil systems are fine the way they are, being not op and not too hard to get enchants.

signature

[Image: mkBL7zX.png]
[Image: 3f2d36868b5f5bd4e6f50be87a33e298.png]
(Aug 6th, 2016, 03:52 AM)WyldcatG link Wrote: I feel the custom enchant and anvil systems are fine the way they are, being not op and not too hard to get enchants.

The current only use for anvils currently is to repair, and from whenever I see people needed repairs they go to a donor/have donor themselves and just use the repair sign. The enchanting system is fine yes but with Crates giving out Prot IV Iron/Crate and various other items when they are flooded into the eco the enchanting system isn't really used as the majority of people either use crate items; Pickaxes shoves swords. And for armor they use miner/Zeedin/Iron/Diamond crate sets.

Again the only purpose Anvils currently serve are to repair and the majority of repairs are done through donor repair signs. Enabling anvils to take book enchantments for a set amount of exp so 30-45 levels per book it would be nearly the same as using the custom enchanting.

signature

(Aug 6th, 2016, 03:59 AM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: [quote author=WyldcatG link=topic=4083.msg23653#msg23653 date=1470480753]
I feel the custom enchant and anvil systems are fine the way they are, being not op and not too hard to get enchants.

The current only use for anvils currently is to repair, and from whenever I see people needed repairs they go to a donor/have donor themselves and just use the repair sign. The enchanting system is fine yes but with Crates giving out Prot IV Iron/Crate and various other items when they are flooded into the eco the enchanting system isn't really used as the majority of people either use crate items; Pickaxes shoves swords. And for armor they use miner/Zeedin/Iron/Diamond crate sets.

Again the only purpose Anvils currently serve are to repair and the majority of repairs are done through donor repair signs. Enabling anvils to take book enchantments for a set amount of exp so 30-45 levels per book it would be nearly the same as using the custom enchanting.
[/quote]
With this though, I feel the economy would be flooded with sharp 5's and mending.

signature

[Image: mkBL7zX.png]
[Image: 3f2d36868b5f5bd4e6f50be87a33e298.png]
(Aug 6th, 2016, 04:09 AM)WyldcatG link Wrote: With this though, I feel the economy would be flooded with sharp 5's and mending.

Personally I don't mind the mending enchantment as you still have to go out and get the exp levels required to repair the tools meaning you're still doing a form of grinding for what you need. The sharp V however obviously is an issue which I imagine if this was added would follow the same route as the custom enchanting and for things like Sharp V Unbreaking III/IV/V would have higher combination exp costs.

signature

This balance will be adjusted in the future.

signature

???