Server Suggestion
1. Is your idea logical? Slightly

2. Could it be done easily? With some difficulty

3. Has something like it been done before? Well, technically, yes.

4. Has this idea been suggested before? Don't think so.

I suggest that we open a new server that is on the map of v3 or a previous version on mcp. This would be really cool and it would be even better if you could add the old plugins as well. Thanks,  - Cougar

signature

F
LSI: http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3689.0.html
[Image: eL04gJk.png]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nope

signature

???
Why though

signature

F
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It would simply split the member base, reduce both servers popularity, and be a lot of effort for little gain.

signature

???
(May 9th, 2016, 05:43 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: It would simply split the member base, reduce both servers popularity, and be a lot of effort for little gain.

You say that but most, not all previous mcp players left mcp mainly because of the fact that they didn't like what had come to these newer versions. A lot of people, including me, like playing prison servers with that classic feeling. This version has that feeling a little bit, but then you added drugs, then crates... Don't get me wrong, those are fun/neat plugins, its just that a lot of people want the server to be more classic. So by doing this, you could potentially bring back that huge amount of mcp who quit when this version started.

Not trying to criticize you or the server, just saying what a lot of people might want.

signature

F
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Gonna agree with cougar on this, but instead maybe add a new rank or area to provide new interest for older players who don't really have an objective or inspiration to play.

signature

" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown
Most previous MCP players (V3/V4) played hundreds of hours on MCP, they did not quit because they did not like the new features, they quit because they got bored of Minecraft/MCP in general. If anything the constant addition of new features is what kept many players around.

Before we started adding new things MCP was in a constant decline. When you refer to "a lot of people" you really mean the few dozen people who played on V3/V4 more than any other version. Of course their memories think of V3/V4 as the best times as that's when they logged the most hours and experienced the server for the first time. If MCP has more versions in the future I guarantee that players on this version with look back and say "MCP V5 was the best". It all comes down to nostalgia not necessarily things being better.

Several hundred thousand people signed a petition to get Blizzard to create a "Classic World of Warcraft" because they claim it was better. Sure some things in that game might have changed for the worse but the majority of those people are simply remembering their personal experience when they were at their peak of playing/interest. People who had already played WoW "classic" would not go back and do it all again, they're speaking from nostalgia. Nostalgia is one hell of thing and should not be used to judge whether things are better or not.

signature

???
(May 9th, 2016, 07:55 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: Most previous MCP players (V3/V4) played hundreds of hours on MCP, they did not quit because they did not like the new features, they quit because they got bored of Minecraft/MCP in general. If anything the constant addition of new features is what kept many players around.

Before we started adding new things MCP was in a constant decline. When you refer to "a lot of people" you really mean the few dozen people who played on V3/V4 more than any other version. Of course their memories think of V3/V4 as the best times as that's when they logged the most hours and experienced the server for the first time. If MCP has more versions in the future I guarantee that players on this version with look back and say "MCP V5 was the best". It all comes down to nostalgia not necessarily things being better.

Several hundred thousand people signed a petition to get Blizzard to create a "Classic World of Warcraft" because they claim it was better. Sure some things in that game might have changed for the worse but the majority of those people are simply remembering their personal experience when they were at their peak of playing/interest. People who had already played WoW "classic" would not go back and do it all again, they're speaking from nostalgia. Nostalgia is one hell of thing and should not be used to judge whether things are better or not.

Couldn't agree more... Nostalgia's a bitch...

signature

" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown
(May 9th, 2016, 07:55 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: Most previous MCP players (V3/V4) played hundreds of hours on MCP, they did not quit because they did not like the new features, they quit because they got bored of Minecraft/MCP in general. If anything the constant addition of new features is what kept many players around.

I guess you could be right, in a way, those were my favorite times on mcp, loved the community and everything about it. It would still be cool if we could at least have an old map to play on with current plug-ins

signature

F
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)