Faction Wars
1. Is your idea logical? Yes
2. Could it be done easily? Yes
3. Has something like it been done before? Yes
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Probably

My idea is that you should host faction wars. Every so often (once every now and then, definitely not a lot) a broadcast is sent through chat announcing that Faction Wars is taking place in [X] location where guards can't go. The idea is Factions fight it out, and the faction with the least fatalities/most kills get a reward. This would be incredibly easy to make and encourage Factions to actually do something.
The Guards themselves are also a faction so we should be able to fight, just not allowed to jail,call pvp,call contra,etc. We are treated as normal players just with the guard title and we could even perhaps bring our own gear if we had to.

signature

(Apr 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:No singing in Communist MCP Kappa

F

"I don't think it's Dragon, I think he is just being retarded as usual." - zs471 4/26/2017

You will be remembered zs471, F.

(Sep 24th, 2017, 09:25 AM)zs471 link Wrote:You know I was actually just thinking to myself, 'You know who would be a good guard?' Then it came to me. Obviously Dragon1240 would be a good guard. +1
(Jun 7th, 2017, 05:12 PM)Dragon1240 link Wrote: The Guards themselves are also a faction so we should be able to fight, just not allowed to jail,call pvp,call contra,etc. We are treated as normal players just with the guard title and we could even perhaps bring our own gear if we had to.
Yes. It's a chance for every member of the community (staff or not) to engage in a few hour span Faction War that will end either with Victory or Defeat. Decent rewards are granted to the Winners.
(Jun 7th, 2017, 05:12 PM)Dragon1240 link Wrote: The Guards themselves are also a faction so we should be able to fight, just not allowed to jail,call pvp,call contra,etc. We are treated as normal players just with the guard title and we could even perhaps bring our own gear if we had to.

Unless something changed that I haven't noticed or seen on the forums, guards are more than just normal players with constant buffs, and whenever hit given a speed boost, both of which give large advantages against a normal player in a pvp setting unless said players are basically god like in minecraft pvp.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
(Jun 7th, 2017, 08:34 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: [quote author=Dragon1240 link=topic=5042.msg29726#msg29726 date=1496880725]
The Guards themselves are also a faction so we should be able to fight, just not allowed to jail,call pvp,call contra,etc. We are treated as normal players just with the guard title and we could even perhaps bring our own gear if we had to.

Unless something changed that I haven't noticed or seen on the forums, guards are more than just normal players with constant buffs, and whenever hit given a speed boost, both of which give large advantages against a normal player in a pvp setting unless said players are basically god like in minecraft pvp.
[/quote] Guards switch out armor during Faction wars. It's pretty much like they're normal players until the War ends. And Mods could also attend since they're sworn to not Attack by their rank, it's a break for them as well to PvP and have some fun. Plus if it gets added there will be a huge request for a faction. Pretty much everyone would have one which could encourage raiding and less of a overflowing economy. Will also encourage new players to learn a lot really quick with Leaders preparing there members and players having to be ready. Just seems like such little work for such a good outcome. Think of the Children!!
I don't think hosting fraction wars would really work inow my opinion it would be madness with people dieting and safeing and arguments in the chat and people trying to get there stuff back and I assume mods will be on they would have a hard time dealing with all this and there would be lots of muting and shit.
Maybe small ish events could work but for now -1

signature

[Image: 0Xy4rwK.jpg]

[Image: lpFQ2b2.jpg]
(Jun 8th, 2017, 07:19 AM)Mr.Scare link Wrote: I don't think hosting fraction wars would really work inow my opinion it would be madness with people dieting and safeing and arguments in the chat and people trying to get there stuff back and I assume mods will be on they would have a hard time dealing with all this and there would be lots of muting and shit.
Maybe small ish events could work but for now -1

These battles would be faught in a custom arena where all factions are tped in together and then they all fight one another, there would be no sz, and losing your gear is apart of the risk you would take,

signature

(Apr 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:No singing in Communist MCP Kappa

F

"I don't think it's Dragon, I think he is just being retarded as usual." - zs471 4/26/2017

You will be remembered zs471, F.

(Sep 24th, 2017, 09:25 AM)zs471 link Wrote:You know I was actually just thinking to myself, 'You know who would be a good guard?' Then it came to me. Obviously Dragon1240 would be a good guard. +1
(Jun 7th, 2017, 11:55 PM)TySun link Wrote: Guards switch out armor during Faction wars. It's pretty much like they're normal players until the War ends. And Mods could also attend since they're sworn to not Attack by their rank, it's a break for them as well to PvP and have some fun. Plus if it gets added there will be a huge request for a faction. Pretty much everyone would have one which could encourage raiding and less of a overflowing economy. Will also encourage new players to learn a lot really quick with Leaders preparing there members and players having to be ready. Just seems like such little work for such a good outcome. Think of the Children!!

guards are more than just normal players with constant buffs, and whenever hit given a speed boost

Unless I missed a part about buffs in your response this would still be an issue

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
(Jun 8th, 2017, 09:43 AM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: [quote author=TySun link=topic=5042.msg29736#msg29736 date=1496904907]
Guards switch out armor during Faction wars. It's pretty much like they're normal players until the War ends. And Mods could also attend since they're sworn to not Attack by their rank, it's a break for them as well to PvP and have some fun. Plus if it gets added there will be a huge request for a faction. Pretty much everyone would have one which could encourage raiding and less of a overflowing economy. Will also encourage new players to learn a lot really quick with Leaders preparing there members and players having to be ready. Just seems like such little work for such a good outcome. Think of the Children!!

guards are more than just normal players with constant buffs, and whenever hit given a speed boost

Unless I missed a part about buffs in your response this would still be an issue
[/quote] Sorry. I have a reaccuring problem where something in my head makes since then when I say it, it doesn't. What I mean by "normal player" is that all their armor is removed and their buffs are stopped, or paused if you will, until it ends. Like Dragon said, it would take place somewhere where it couldn't cause many problems and any staff member could join. A small arena with a warp to it. No safezones, but you can warp out if not in combat, and you can go in to the War multiple times, there's no limit on entering as long as it's during the time frame of it. Hope I answered all questions.