Chat Rules
1. Is your idea logical? From some points of view yes
2. Could it be done easily? I think so? Not sure how hard this type of plug-in is to set up.
3. Has something like it been done before? Nope, unless it was done on previous maps before V3
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Multiple times I believe.

Idea: Either Relax quite a bit on chat rules or put into place a chat bot to stop certain things such as spam, cursing, racism, hackusations, yes I know they aren't against rules but you get the point.

Now the previous mod rules were made into the new guidelines but are still basically used as the actual rules. Cursing still gets you warnings, even if used at a proper time. After Convicted merged with MCP many players came over and didn't understand the chat rules as they were far to strict. Then they were later made to be "guidelines" but are still fully punished almost using the same system.

I say almost as I've seen people going on a strike system much likes it was on V3 before we implemented the harsher chat rules.

Relaxed chat rules:

Cursing: Blacklisting certain words unless used in a proper situation such as "Fuck" after you die in lava or something of the sort and lose your items.

Words that should be alright: Ass, Damnit, Damn, shit, since link made a big deal about this word, twat, ect;

Should still be punishable if used multiple times over a short period or attempting to disrespect other players/staff.

Spam: Obviously still punishable. Punishments based on how severity of the spam. Obviously Silas/Wardens still being able to punish however they wish.

Racism: Obviously having always been punishable, 1 day first offence, 3 day second offense perm ban for the third offence. Obviously it was suggested a few months back to change this rule which I agree. In the modern world the N word mainly is used in almost every day language. In America at least.

Nigger: a contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person.

Nigga: a black man with a gold chain on his neck.

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.
Tupac defined the word

"ReleaseMyNigga" <-- Something along those terms was used by a member a while ago and was banned for racism, he was not using it to degrade anyone in anyways, was simply using it in a way that is usually common in the black community when someone is arrested.

If it is being used to degrade someone or being directed as negativity towards someone yes they should be punished. If they are spamming yes they should be punished.

If chat rules aren't changed just put in a chat filter so it keeps all of the chat rules together, and prevent people from avoiding these rules.

Adding the chat filter would allow mods to do as Silas wished for them after he brought them back and let guards focus more on guarding instead of watching the chat.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.

Messages In This Thread
Chat Rules - by mitsuo_wolfblood - Mar 7th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by Coolskate2449 - Mar 7th, 2016, 10:24 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by MaxofTheMiniGames - Mar 8th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by mitsuo_wolfblood - Mar 8th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by MaxofTheMiniGames - Mar 8th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by mitsuo_wolfblood - Mar 8th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by LaughNgamez - Mar 8th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by mitsuo_wolfblood - Mar 8th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by MaxofTheMiniGames - Mar 8th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by serrian_ - Mar 9th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Re: Chat Rules - by MaxofTheMiniGames - Mar 9th, 2016, 05:49 PM