Chat Rules
1. Is your idea logical? From some points of view yes
2. Could it be done easily? I think so? Not sure how hard this type of plug-in is to set up.
3. Has something like it been done before? Nope, unless it was done on previous maps before V3
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Multiple times I believe.

Idea: Either Relax quite a bit on chat rules or put into place a chat bot to stop certain things such as spam, cursing, racism, hackusations, yes I know they aren't against rules but you get the point.

Now the previous mod rules were made into the new guidelines but are still basically used as the actual rules. Cursing still gets you warnings, even if used at a proper time. After Convicted merged with MCP many players came over and didn't understand the chat rules as they were far to strict. Then they were later made to be "guidelines" but are still fully punished almost using the same system.

I say almost as I've seen people going on a strike system much likes it was on V3 before we implemented the harsher chat rules.

Relaxed chat rules:

Cursing: Blacklisting certain words unless used in a proper situation such as "Fuck" after you die in lava or something of the sort and lose your items.

Words that should be alright: Ass, Damnit, Damn, shit, since link made a big deal about this word, twat, ect;

Should still be punishable if used multiple times over a short period or attempting to disrespect other players/staff.

Spam: Obviously still punishable. Punishments based on how severity of the spam. Obviously Silas/Wardens still being able to punish however they wish.

Racism: Obviously having always been punishable, 1 day first offence, 3 day second offense perm ban for the third offence. Obviously it was suggested a few months back to change this rule which I agree. In the modern world the N word mainly is used in almost every day language. In America at least.

Nigger: a contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person.

Nigga: a black man with a gold chain on his neck.

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.
Tupac defined the word

"ReleaseMyNigga" <-- Something along those terms was used by a member a while ago and was banned for racism, he was not using it to degrade anyone in anyways, was simply using it in a way that is usually common in the black community when someone is arrested.

If it is being used to degrade someone or being directed as negativity towards someone yes they should be punished. If they are spamming yes they should be punished.

If chat rules aren't changed just put in a chat filter so it keeps all of the chat rules together, and prevent people from avoiding these rules.

Adding the chat filter would allow mods to do as Silas wished for them after he brought them back and let guards focus more on guarding instead of watching the chat.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
Good idea

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]
I agree with the Racism case you pointed out, not necessarily the swearing because there are  a lot of younger kids on MCP and I would assume that their parents would not be to keen to that kind of language. Either way, you wouldn't go around in public saying ass and twat (at least if your a little civilized  Kappa)

signature

F
(Mar 8th, 2016, 02:59 PM)MaxofTheMiniGames link Wrote: I agree with the Racism case you pointed out, not necessarily the swearing because there are  a lot of younger kids on MCP and I would assume that their parents would not be to keen to that kind of language. Either way, you wouldn't go around in public saying ass and twat (at least if your a little civilized  Kappa)

Kappa If they were good parents the kids wouldn't be on mcp in the first place Wink They would be playing single player or a server like Minecraft/Hypixel that does have a chat filter to keep the chat clean, hence the suggestion to replace the modding part with a Chat filter.

signature

(Mar 8th, 2016, 03:03 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: [quote author=MaxofTheMiniGames link=topic=3512.msg19680#msg19680 date=1457474343]
I agree with the Racism case you pointed out, not necessarily the swearing because there are  a lot of younger kids on MCP and I would assume that their parents would not be to keen to that kind of language. Either way, you wouldn't go around in public saying ass and twat (at least if your a little civilized  Kappa)

Kappa If they were good parents the kids wouldn't be on mcp in the first place Wink They would be playing single player or a server like Minecraft/Hypixel that does have a chat filter to keep the chat clean, hence the suggestion to replace the modding part with a Chat filter.
[/quote]
The thing about a filter is that MCP rules states that swear words can be used in a scenario, so a Pure filter would take away from some players using their words in frustration and demonstrating their frustration. (Also most MCP players are like 13 or under)

signature

F
Godt I addressed that in the thread. Even when players do use it in frustration and at appropriate times they are still punished for it receiving a warning if a mod/guard is on.

signature

(Mar 8th, 2016, 05:21 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: Godt I addressed that in the thread. Even when players do use it in frustration and at appropriate times they are still punished for it receiving a warning if a mod/guard is on.

Mods don't have to call all offenses and are not encouraged to. Certain scenarios are gone over in depth in the rules.

As for a general chat moderation plugin it's not likely to happen. MCP has gone this far without them and would be fine if staff would read the new rules...

signature

???
(Mar 8th, 2016, 08:03 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: Mods don't have to call all offenses and are not encouraged to. Certain scenarios are gone over in depth in the rules.

As for a general chat moderation plugin it's not likely to happen. MCP has gone this far without them and would be fine if staff would read the new rules...

I know I've read those mod rules Wink But whenever I am on I generally see someone curse, then a guard or mod will warn them for language even if used in the correct time such as the player dying ect.

Want staff to read the rules? eZ pZ demote them all and force them all to reapply after they read <-- Obviously a joke lol.

signature

(Mar 8th, 2016, 08:19 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: [quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=3512.msg19709#msg19709 date=1457492584]
Mods don't have to call all offenses and are not encouraged to. Certain scenarios are gone over in depth in the rules.

I know I've read those mod rules Wink But whenever I am on I generally see someone curse, then a guard or mod will warn them for language even if used in the correct time such as the player dying ect.

Want staff to read the rules? eZ pZ demote them all and force them all to reapply after they read <-- Obviously a joke lol.
[/quote]
This is why I suggest getting rid of A2's mod perms because he calls everything, does have any leniency and over apply's the "At mod's discretion" even though he is being trigger happy with the mutes and stuff

signature

F
(Mar 8th, 2016, 08:28 PM)MaxofTheMiniGames link Wrote: [quote author=mitsuo_wolfblood link=topic=3512.msg19710#msg19710 date=1457493542]
[quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=3512.msg19709#msg19709 date=1457492584]

[/quote]
This is why I suggest getting rid of A2's mod perms because he calls everything, does have any leniency and over apply's the "At mod's discretion" even though he is being trigger happy with the mutes and stuff
[/quote]

Why do people constantly try to demean staff?

signature

" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown