CDGS
Afk room for writing books. - Printable Version

+- CDGS (https://forums.cdgs.net)
+-- Forum: MCP (Convicted) (https://forums.cdgs.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.cdgs.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Thread: Afk room for writing books. (/showthread.php?tid=16911)

Pages: 1 2

Afk room for writing books. - DogTag93 - Nov 9th, 2017

1. Is your idea logical? I think so.
2. Could it be done easily? I think so.
3. Has something like it been done before? I don't think so.
4. Has this idea been suggested before? I don't think so.  (Search on forums didn't yield anything)

Pretty much the idea is a small room which puts you into afk so you cannot be kicked while you are writing in a book. While in this room your timer for hours spend on the server stops so you wont gain time.  Maybe a room as small as the elevator to discourage a lot of players from using it at once.

I would also suggest paying to use it to prevent a lot of people from simply using it as /afk and/or having it in the donor section.

Feedback please.

Re: Afk room for writing books. - masterovieOG - Nov 9th, 2017

Not a bad idea

Re: Afk room for writing books. - Cpt_PandaPantz - Nov 9th, 2017

+1 for this idea or some version of it.
i have been kicked many times trying to write stories, just to have all my written progress lost when i am disconnected. then i loose motivation as i don't want to retype it all. amazing idea in my opinion.

Re: Afk room for writing books. - omega015 - Nov 10th, 2017

If this is implemented maybe consider the rooms location so that it would no keep chunks loaded near plots so people cant abuse it. and maybe a max time of say 20m which should be more than enough for people to do what they need to do.

Also players should note that you can actually paste text into books so perhaps writing your stories etc... in notepad (or something else you prefer) the copy and pasting a portion of text each time. This way also allows you to proof read and fix any spelling mistakes easily without having to delete all the pages to go back.

Re: Afk room for writing books. - LaughNgamez - Nov 10th, 2017

Just make an AFK pool, no one will ban you if you use it for writing books in plots.

Re: Afk room for writing books. - DogTag93 - Nov 10th, 2017

(Nov 10th, 2017, 11:56 AM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: Just make an AFK pool, no one will ban you if you use it for writing books in plots.

Can we make a rule that you have to be active in TS to use an AFK pool? I can see a lot of people abusing this.

Re: Afk room for writing books. - masterovieOG - Nov 10th, 2017

(Nov 10th, 2017, 12:56 PM)DogTag93 link Wrote: [quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=5397.msg32027#msg32027 date=1510340184]
Just make an AFK pool, no one will ban you if you use it for writing books in plots.

Can we make a rule that you have to be active in TS to use an AFK pool? I can see a lot of people abusing this.
[/quote] agreed, you can just sit in an afk pool with a book in your hand and not actually be writing anything.

Re: Afk room for writing books. - Kunvoi - Nov 10th, 2017

[/quote]
[/quote]

what can be done if the person is not comfortable being on ts or isn’t allowed to?

Re: Afk room for writing books. - Kunvoi - Nov 10th, 2017

i meant to quote dogtag oops

Re: Afk room for writing books. - masterovieOG - Nov 10th, 2017

[/quote]

what can be done if the person is not comfortable being on ts or isn’t allowed to?
[/quote] better type fast