CDGS
New ideas for MCP - Printable Version

+- CDGS (https://forums.cdgs.net)
+-- Forum: MCP (Convicted) (https://forums.cdgs.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.cdgs.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Thread: New ideas for MCP (/showthread.php?tid=13211)

New ideas for MCP - NijacreeperGaming - May 17th, 2014

So like in MCP for new players shouldn't be spawned in water but a spawn with all the rules. And when they have read all the rules a command should teleport them to the C spawn and start from there. PvpTimer was a great idea :3 but now it's time to upgrade a little. I'm suggesting C rank should have Food farms :3 like B but instead of spawning like pigs, chicken, cows. It should be a pool of squid, this will be easier for the C ranks to rank up and all. Also in the hub if u guys are gonna put hide and seek, that would be awesome/fun. Also for Guards new feature should be that if they arnt active the less paycheck they recieve. It sound more fair unlike being paid whatever something Thousand.
Thx silas/MCP staff

Re: New ideas for MCP - mitsuo_wolfblood - May 17th, 2014

So let me start with your guard idea, I thought about this at one point except my idea was set a certain amount of play time a guard needs to have by the end of the week, though if a guard has an excuse they can tell Silas why they aren't able to play and what not, and seeing as most schools are almost over they are doing final exams so the best time would be to implement it during the summer for a testing period to see how well it works.

As for the new player spawn I agree, though we have a small tutorial for new players though I doubt many use it, I would suggest that we change the new player spawn there and once they reach the end of the tutorials have a button, or a sign with a command to warp to C and then make C their spawn.

As for extra ways to make money in C a food farm wouldn't make it for the simply fact that cutting wood in C and mining are great ways to get the easy 10k, it might seem like a lot when you first join though when you compare the 10k for first rankup on MCP to the usual 20k-30k to other servers for the first rankup I think it is quite a good price to set it at.

Also with cutting wood and mining it is good money and once you get money you can buy as much food as you would like at very reasonable prices as well.

As far as the hub hide and seek thing I would imagine it would have to have extra building for hide and seek or some mini game if that is what you are saying because the hub there are like no places to hide.

Re: New ideas for MCP - NijacreeperGaming - May 17th, 2014

:3

Re: New ideas for MCP - NijacreeperGaming - May 20th, 2014

Da faq
The Faction

Re: New ideas for MCP - ShadowHunterDaPro - May 22nd, 2014

(May 20th, 2014, 09:29 PM)Nija_Gaming link Wrote:Da faq
The Faction
(May 17th, 2014, 10:33 PM)Nija_Gaming link Wrote::3
(May 17th, 2014, 10:25 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote:So let me start with your guard idea, I thought about this at one point except my idea was set a certain amount of play time a guard needs to have by the end of the week, though if a guard has an excuse they can tell Silas why they aren't able to play and what not, and seeing as most schools are almost over they are doing final exams so the best time would be to implement it during the summer for a testing period to see how well it works.

As for the new player spawn I agree, though we have a small tutorial for new players though I doubt many use it, I would suggest that we change the new player spawn there and once they reach the end of the tutorials have a button, or a sign with a command to warp to C and then make C their spawn.

As for extra ways to make money in C a food farm wouldn't make it for the simply fact that cutting wood in C and mining are great ways to get the easy 10k, it might seem like a lot when you first join though when you compare the 10k for first rankup on MCP to the usual 20k-30k to other servers for the first rankup I think it is quite a good price to set it at.

Also with cutting wood and mining it is good money and once you get money you can buy as much food as you would like at very reasonable prices as well.

As far as the hub hide and seek thing I would imagine it would have to have extra building for hide and seek or some mini game if that is what you are saying because the hub there are like no places to hide.
I think Mit has a bunch of excellent points here, I know that pretty much none of the new players do the tutorial, without one of us Barons coming and making them do it... I think that if they were spawned in the tutorial, they would have a much better understanding of the server, and actually know what they're doing. Also I think you should add a sign showing the command to see the forums link ("/forums"), that way most people will actually know about our forums. Some people find our server on the PMC site, and then they see our forums on there, and they think its our real forums, and a lot of people dont even know about the /forums command when they first join, I know there is the auto-broadcast for it, but I can see a lot of people just not paying attentionĀ  to the broacasts unless they're done manually, and are like bright green n stuff... Also I think the Hide-&-Seek idea is pretty lame, but thats just my opinion.