MCP Alert Breaking News

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMbJUp-06e0[/youtube]

Welcome to MCP Alert, I'm your host Killer Mitstarr, and wasting no time lets get riiiiiight into the news!

Guards Go On Strike:

The Guard Faction has recently announced that they are officially going on strike, and forming a Union. We reached out to speak to the members earlier today after their announcement in regards to their demands.

1.) Better guarding gear, the current gear issued to guards simply doesn't cut it in a drug infested world where any John, Dick, and Jerry, can buy Cocaine off any street corner of Courtyard. Neither does a Sharp III sword stand up against anything that a normal player will be using to smack around the guards. Guards should not be easy to kill, and they should be a challenge. However in exchange their drops should be buffed to match the better gear and better buffs. In addition to better gear Guards demand better buffs, permanent Res 2 for example, as Res 1 simply doesn't cut it when put against drugs.

2.) Better wages. Currently guards fall far behind in the MCP Economy due to the fact that the paychecks just don't pay the bills. As it currently stands C-Guards only make 5000$. When compared to other aspects of the server 5k is not enough to support a Guard attempting to feed his family, fund his housing, or buy tazers or arrows that are not supplied upon respawns. In addition to better wages Guards also demand paid time off, not simply during Admin Events. Allowing them to do other things outside of standing around in C-Block or Courtyard.

3.) The ability to conduct Plot/Cell Inspections. The drug trade has been running rampent on MCP and in plain sight. Multiple shops selling various drugs right in courtyard, leaving guards no way to stop this. Guards are not allowed in the Black Market, where one would expect to find drugs, but when it's sold in Courtyard, Guards can't do anything about it. The demand is for a Warden to step up in assisting guards in raiding plots and seizing the drugs inside. Those players being raided can attempt to fight back, and if the guards assisting the Warden die their shops can stay standing for X amount of time.

4.) Revised and Renewed Official Guard Rules.

5.) At least 1 Set home as a Guard.

6.) The following items to be removed from players and destroyed;

Pointlessbob: Pointy Axe, Pointy Bow, and Cactus Helmet.
Dragon1240: Dragons Lisp (Both In-Game and in Real Life)

Guards made their demands public earlier today, and are refusing to do their duties until demands are met. As of this writing there has been no official response from Silas_Bowen, nor an offical action taken against the new Guard Union. However in the closing statements, they said while they didn't expect for all demands to be met they do expect for changes to be made and appreciation for their guarding efforts.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
About time we fought back against the daily abuse guards have to deal with!

signature

[Image: fe39e1a26ff575dc3b6ab620cb88514e.png]

The Reformed One

signature

where did Warden astral go
+1

signature

+1

signature

1v1 me in Rocket League
I want whatever drink someone was slurping on when they created and believed the cactus helmet wasn't OP, because that drink has to be strong as hell.

From your BIGTIMEDEV, I stand with the guards.
MY NAME BEATRICE I 84 YEAR OLD IN MY  DAY GUARD PAID  0. I DO NOT WANT  TO BE PAY HIGHER PROPERT TAX  BECAUSE GUARD IS LAZY THEY MIGHT  EVEN INCREASE CITIZEN BLOCKSHOP TAXES TWO PAY FOR IT