A case for natural-mob spawning farms
Whatever mob cap rule MCP currently has severely hinders the efficiency of natural spawning mob farms. This wasn't that big of a problem when the average player count was lower, as you could usually find a window of time where the hindrance was low. Now that there's a consistent number of players on at a given time, those windows are now little to none.

I bring this up due to the availability of mob spawners in the cdgs shop. Spawner-based farms are currently the most reliable as they are not affected by the mob cap rules imposed. Vanilla players could set up a spawner-based farm, but they are limited to 1-2 spawners, maybe 3 if you get very lucky with cave-spiders.

This leads to a P2W element for spawners: vanilla players simply cannot compete with the gigachad wallets who buy 10+ spawners, granting themselves not only unrivalled farm efficiency, but unique item drops tailored to their liking.
With the current nerfed setup of natural-spawning based farms, vanilla players are intrinsically limited to naturally generated spawners, restricting their EXP efficiency and variety of item drops to the whims of whatever is naturally spawned in the world. For example, without working natural-mob spawning farms, there is no reasonable way to compete in EXP or gunpowder efficiency compared to MrMoney[$$$] who donated for 10 creeper spawners.

I have similar quarrels with crates but I'll take it one step at a time.

There is nothing wrong with having the option to buy these things in the store, but it quickly becomes an issue when you can only get these items from the store.

You've recently talked about a Baron+ rank, which could rectify these issues by adding an expensive in-game option to obtain these items in a vanilla fashion.

thank you for coming to my ted talk

signature

where did Warden astral go
I should clarify that the current setup for the mob cap seems very binary to me, it's rather on or off. I propose a version that considers local mob activity rather than imposing limits on global mob counts.

signature

where did Warden astral go