Thoughts and Opinions about MCP
 What do you love about about MCP?: Some if the community is pretty friendly and welcoming, which is really good for mcp in my opinion. Custom items and aspects to the server make it pretty unique as well.

What improvements can we make?: In my opinion, the server is fine, plugin and expect wise. I do think it could use some more active guards and mods as there have been more issues as of late with new players constantly joining. But community wise, I think it could be a little stricter when it comes to constant toxicity, even after steps have been taken to try and stop it; new players don’t really wanna stay because of this, from what I’ve seen. Other than that, everything’s great.

What kept you coming back to MCP?: The small friend group I have/had has kept me on mcp. I also love classic prison and have for years and other servers just seem bland and boring compared to this one.

If you left what would be the reason for doing so?: If I really left for good it would be because of toxicity in the community.

Any additional information you'd like to add: #Quinn4Mod
Pvp is a huge part of the server and primary reason people play it. MCP, with it's wide array of crate items has a particularly unique pvp system that is attracting in it's own way. However there are a number of  problems associated with crates in the current meta.

1. Custom crate items goes against the principles of a "classic" "non-op" prison server
- I think if you look back to the success convicted had was because of the pureness of it. Pvp Had a capped limit being the highest you could get was diamond-protection 4 and a sharp 5 sword. People weren't afraid to lose items as the item arc was very set and stone and risk and reward both clear and tied more closely together.

2. The current Meta and what I would call a "pvp arc" is broken
- In vanilla minecraft you can only get up to a certain level of gear as mentioned earlier. in the current meta for players to be competitive in pvp they must have to grind or pay for crates in order to get crate items. This makes the server unattractive for new players and for current players. If a new player joins the server wishes to engaged in a classic role and then is bumped by zeeden armor 30's in the retention rate is marginally reduced right there, once they see the prison is not actually a bear-bones, vanilla prison.

3. The current pvp system is very pay to win/ favors older players and opposes new players
- A sure example of this would be MattMab. For those of you who don't know he  donated a considerable sum of money and with his wide collection of crate items dominated the pvp field in the prison. For a new player to be competitive they would have to either donate or acquire crates items in an arc that favors older players and

An illustration for you people who don't like to read
[Image: ZSUcYmI.png]

signature

" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown
(May 27th, 2019, 05:01 PM)ScorpiaEmber link Wrote: Stuff

People dont quit MCP because there are no staff on, people leave mcp because they dont like the lack of players on. Would it make a difference if you joined a server with 5 staff 0 players or 0 staff 5 players? Honestly I would think the server with a ton of staff was mismanaged and I would be more likely to leave.

New players also dont generally leave because of toxicity, they leave either due to the lack of players or because they realize the grind to get competitive isn't worth it.

How to get rid of toxicity? /ignore. I understand some people are just toxic so either dont let them bother you or ignore them. They yearn for a response and taunting them only makes it worse. Being able to brush off insults and remain impartial even to people you despise is a quality you must have if you want to be staff.

To end this off, MCP has always been toxic and if anything right now it's the purest it may have ever been.
So, as someone who basically only comes on MCP for the pvp, everything  Jerehh and Serrian said is spot on.
Lets make a list of things to fix
-Coke ruining pvp due to insane strength.
-Hard p2w with crates in pvp.
-Hit reg being utter trash.
-Strength 2 pots being pretty ineffective.
-The amount of carebear warp commands.
-The massive amount of safezones in the prison. (Look to V4 C for a good map in regards to pvp) C Block was fucking massive in V4 which allowed for loads of pvp with no safezones.
-The largest issue with pvp on MCP, one singular command that ruins pvp. /pvp

Now I can't propose all these problems with no solutions right? Here's a few solutions.
-Rebuff strength 2 and nerf coke to strength 2 so the only thing special thing it gives is speed 3 haste (x).
-Fix hit reg idk how though.
-Remove certain crate items that give a HUGE advantage in pvp (Ex. Zeedin Power Juice, Killah's Heart)
-Only warp command should be /spawn
-Remodel C a tiny bit to make the pvp area MUCH bigger but keep everything else on a similar scale.

Honestly, if these changes were to be made, MCP would be a much more hardcore server, and I think that's a good thing.
PvP is a HUGE part of classic prison, and currently, MCP is built to make players avoid it, vote for pvp changes in 2019 now.

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]
I want to thank everyone who participated in this discussion. Please keep it up!

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
TAKE AWAY PVP TOGGLE. PLEASE!
I think pvp toggle existing was a bad idea to begin with. Now that we have it and people have paid real money for it, I dont think it should just be removed. Maybe if compensation was given then sure, but you could just charge people to enable pvp toggle or to make a large cooldown. People shouldn't just lose $20 or $25 dollars though and that is my main gripe with just removing the feature.
(May 28th, 2019, 10:07 AM)Ryan10000 link Wrote: I think pvp toggle existing was a bad idea to begin with. Now that we have it and people have paid real money for it, I dont think it should just be removed. Maybe if compensation was given then sure, but you could just charge people to enable pvp toggle or to make a large cooldown. People shouldn't just lose $20 or $25 dollars though and that is my main gripe with just removing the feature.

Most of the people who use pvp toggle use because they don't want to die. making it a large cd or charging wouldn't do much since they hardly pvp

signature

1v1 me in Rocket League
I haven't been in the free world lately, so forgive me. Doesn't pvp toggle turn off whenever you tp to the free world? If you make the cost 100k per use or have a large cooldown than that would make people use it less.
(May 28th, 2019, 02:37 PM)Ryan10000 link Wrote: I haven't been in the free world lately, so forgive me. Doesn't pvp toggle turn off whenever you tp to the free world? If you make the cost 100k per use or have a large cooldown than that would make people use it less.
+1 best suggestion so far, having a price to use it

signature

[Image: fe39e1a26ff575dc3b6ab620cb88514e.png]

The Reformed One