How to revive MCP.
1. Is your idea logical?
Yes

2. Could it be done easily?
No

3. Has something like it been done before?
Not that I've heard of

4. Has this idea been suggested before?
Not since its been needed

MCP is dying, and dying fast. MCP was getting 3-5 people during the slow hours, now it hardly gets that during events

So I took it upon myself to try and "revive" this server I've come to love. Instead of brainstorming my own ideas of how to help the server I asked anyone I could find online a few simple questions.

1. Why do you play on MCP?

2. What is your favorite thing to do on MCP?

3. if you could change one thing of MCP what would you add/remove for the better?
I got answers from new players fresh from the welcome desk to old vets. I asked staff and non staff, and got many varied answers. If i couldn't find you or didn't ask you the questions please answer them in the replies.

Here are some of the most popular answers. Hopefully it helps you Silas.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
People play MCP for..
1. The community
2. The classic prisons feel
3 The variety of things to do
___________________________________________________________________________________________

People's favorite things to do on the server are...
1.Mine and grind
2. play events and hang with friends
3. Doing stuff in free world

People would add/remove _____ from the server.
1.Add more hardcore elements like more expensive ranks
2. Give players who feel un accepted on MCP a second chance (not just said by those people)
3.Add more small things like
      /(thing)Top
      More events  and modes
      and other ranks

This may not be much but it's a start.
Again please do answer the questions in the replies
The more Silas has to use, the easier he can revive the server.

-StingyBoiiBenedryl
We've ran the server for years, if there was anything inherently tied to the activity of the server it's admin activity. One or two small tweaks wouldn't change anything, MCP is a niche server and we're comfortable with it being small (we could've just made an OP prison).

As I said before I should have some time in April to be more active.

signature

???
Great post, I am happy to see someone trying to revive Mcp. One of the small things I saw in this post was the "/(thing) top. This was the thing I wanted most from the server, even though it is small. New commands such as "/donated top" or "/skills top" or "/playtime top" would add a large amount of grinding to be the best, like highest drug skill, or who plays the most. Another must needed addition is McMMO. This again adds that grind aspect to the server, because at the moment, people only grind for 2 things, money or items. McMMO will add a way for people to grind to the top, this addition should include a /mcmmo top. Over all, great job Sting, love the post. #ReviveMCP
(Mar 22nd, 2019, 11:18 AM)Canada_MC link Wrote: Great post, I am happy to see someone trying to revive Mcp. One of the small things I saw in this post was the "/(thing) top. This was the thing I wanted most from the server, even though it is small. New commands such as "/donated top" or "/skills top" or "/playtime top" would add a large amount of grinding to be the best, like highest drug skill, or who plays the most. Another must needed addition is a piece of shit plugin that will never be added (MCMMO). This again adds that grind aspect to the server, because at the moment, people only grind for 2 things, money or items. a piece of shit plugin that will never be added (MCMMO) will add a way for people to grind to the top, this addition should include a /a piece of shit plugin that will never be added (MCMMO) top. Over all, great job Sting, love the post. #ReviveMCP
Wow Silas... Sad
(Mar 22nd, 2019, 11:13 AM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: We've ran the server for years, if there was anything inherently tied to the activity of the server it's admin activity. One or two small tweaks wouldn't change anything, MCP is a niche server and we're comfortable with it being small (we could've just made an OP prison).

As I said before I should have some time in April to be more active.

I do love the server being small, I wouldn't play if there was 100s of players at a time. Besides i started collecting this info when you said you were going to work on the server in April. I didn't make the suggestion just to suggest  what to change, I made it to show more what the community loves about the server and what they don't want to change, and i hope anything i wrote down helps with that.

Also admin activity is at least not the cause of lost players. Many players i interviewed were only logging on to see if their friends might be online, and 90% of the people said they have gone inactive because their friends aren't on anymore.

Anyway whatever you chose to do with the server i'll respect(unless its making the prison op)

JustTryinToHelp
-Stingyboiibenedryl

(Mar 22nd, 2019, 10:50 AM)stinglikebeedril link Wrote: 1. Is your idea logical?
Yes

2. Could it be done easily?
No

3. Has something like it been done before?
Not that I've heard of

4. Has this idea been suggested before?
Not since its been needed

MCP is dying, and dying fast. MCP was getting 3-5 people during the slow hours, now it hardly gets that during events

So I took it upon myself to try and "revive" this server I've come to love. Instead of brainstorming my own ideas of how to help the server I asked anyone I could find online a few simple questions.

1. Why do you play on MCP?

2. What is your favorite thing to do on MCP?

3. if you could change one thing of MCP what would you add/remove for the better?
I got answers from new players fresh from the welcome desk to old vets. I asked staff and non staff, and got many varied answers. If i couldn't find you or didn't ask you the questions please answer them in the replies.

Here are some of the most popular answers. Hopefully it helps you Silas.
People play MCP for..
1. The community
2. The classic prisons feel
3 The variety of things to do

People's favorite things to do on the server are...
1.Mine and grind
2. play events and hang with friends
3. Doing stuff in free world

People would add/remove _____ from the server.
1.Add more hardcore elements like more expensive ranks
2. Give players who feel un accepted on MCP a second chance (not just said by those people)
3.Add more small things like
      /(thing)Top
      More events  and modes
      and other ranks

This may not be much but it's a start.
Again please do answer the questions in the replies
The more Silas has to use, the easier he can revive the server.

-StingyBoiiBenedryl

note itskelinu's favorite thing to do was kill ryan.
I think MCP is brilliant because it's such a tight knit community. Now the problem is, literally nobody is on whenever I check. I usually check my server list every day to see if MCP has 6+ players, and it's almost never. I think MCP does need some revival. I also don't think admin activity is the SOLE cause for lower activity. Players attract more players, thats just how it works. Advertising could help, but the real people we want on MCP are the ones who stay.

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]
(Mar 25th, 2019, 10:18 AM)Coolskate2449 link Wrote: I think MCP is brilliant because it's such a tight knit community. Now the problem is, literally nobody is on whenever I check. I usually check my server list every day to see if MCP has 6+ players, and it's almost never. I think MCP does need some revival. I also don't think admin activity is the SOLE cause for lower activity. Players attract more players, thats just how it works. Advertising could help, but the real people we want on MCP are the ones who stay.
#CoolskateForOwner2k19

signature

[Image: fe39e1a26ff575dc3b6ab620cb88514e.png]

The Reformed One