Banned and Confused: Episode 1
Who banned you? Silas
When was I banned? I believe it was 10/17/2018

Why was I banned? that's what im asking. My sister, Anne2425, got banned a couple days ago for "advertising" (she said all she said was 'Im going on hypixel now' or something). So a day or so later, I get on my main account (never had an alt on this server before) and get immediately perma banned for "Ban bypass", as if I was Anne2425's alt. I then got on with my alt for the first time to see if it was a mistake, and it gets perm banned as well.
Am I At Fault? no I didn't do nuffin

My rank: Free

Was I Fined and do I deserve reimbursement? I was fined of the hour it took me to find and post this appeal, when I have no idea why I was banned in the first place

Additional Info: I have a theory to why I was banned that might be plausible, although it doesnt have anything to do with ban bypassing, as the original reason for punishment states. So the day before (I think) my ban, I was on late at night when there was only one other dude on (dragon-something, cant remember but its not the guard dragon). While we were talking, a brand new C prisoner hopped on and we chatted with him a bit. Mid-chat, he said he liked us and he told us he was working on a server currently that he was planning on opening up in a couple weeks. He said he needed helpers, and asked me and dragon-something whether we wanted to help him build. I said yes, dragon-sometting said he had to log off for the night, but maybe another time. I proceeded to go on to the dude's server and help him for the night. The dude said to come help him again the next day, if possible. The next day I tried to get on his server, but it was shut down and I didnt know why. So, I hopped onto convicted and dragon-something was online. I said "Hey dragon, did you ever get onto (dude's name)'s server?" Thats it. Didnt tell him to get on, didnt mention an IP, nothing. Simply asked if he ever ended up logging on. Then- immiedately perma banned for "Ban Bypass". Whether this was the reason or not, this whole ordeal is wack
your sister was wrongfully banned as she didn't not give an IP, still don't know why DogTag decided to ban her but oh well.  As for you that sucks.  As you are banned for bypass I would tell your sister to make a ban appeal as well for two reasons.  1: Wasn't a legit ban.  2: if you get unbanned and login you'll get banned again for bypass as your sister hasn't gotten unbanned yet. 

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
I banned your sister after talking with Mae briefly about advertising. After what I've seen Anne purposely said 4 different names of servers(after two other players warned her it could be advertising). Two well know and two not well know. With her being free the expectation is that she knows the rules by now. Regardless if the NAME or IP is said for the rules don't clearly specify.

Now from what I'm told, well know servers get a pass while lesser known servers tend not to. I was also told that even though Anna is Free she is still somewhat new. After knowing some of this information I was willing to give Anne the benefit of the doubt unban her for her mistake.

However, I was unable to so because Ovie took over the ban (without consulting me first) by unbanning Anne and then rebanning her for no clear reason other than he wanted to handle the appeal of someone he was convinced was in the right anyway. As a result, Ovie took responsibility for this ban. The only ban that wasn't legitimate was Ovie's. I still stand by my choice to ban. With knowing more information I was able to rethink my position.

Currently, you sister is unbanned. As for your bypassing bans, I will leave that up to Ovie's capable hands. 

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
(Oct 19th, 2018, 11:28 PM)DogTag93 link Wrote: I banned your sister after talking with Mae briefly about advertising. After what I've seen Anne purposely said 4 different names of servers(after two other players warned her it could be advertising). Two well know and two not well know. With her being free the expectation is that she knows the rules by now. Regardless if the NAME or IP is said for the rules don't clearly specify.

Now from what I'm told, well know servers get a pass while lesser known servers tend not to. I was also told that even though Anna is Free she is still somewhat new. After knowing some of this information I was willing to give Anne the benefit of the doubt unban her for her mistake.

However, I was unable to so because Ovie took over the ban (without consulting me first) by unbanning Anne and then rebanning her for no clear reason other than he wanted to handle the appeal of someone he was convinced was in the right anyway. As a result, Ovie took responsibility for this ban. The only ban that wasn't legitimate was Ovie's. I still stand by my choice to ban. With knowing more information I was able to rethink my position.

Currently, you sister is unbanned. As for your bypassing bans, I will leave that up to Ovie's capable hands.
why does the size of the server determine punishment?  It's simple, names you do nothing, IP you ban....  "Ovie took over the ban ( without consulting me"  don't remember you consulting me about Anne's ban but oh well.  Isn't a place to argue.  As for Dillon you'll be unbanned. 

signature

(Oct 20th, 2018, 12:07 AM)masterovieOG link Wrote: [quote author=DogTag93 link=topic=5913.msg35926#msg35926 date=1540016906]
I banned your sister after talking with Mae briefly about advertising. After what I've seen Anne purposely said 4 different names of servers(after two other players warned her it could be advertising). Two well know and two not well know. With her being free the expectation is that she knows the rules by now. Regardless if the NAME or IP is said for the rules don't clearly specify.

why does the size of the server determine punishment?  It's simple, names you do nothing, IP you ban....  "Ovie took over the ban ( without consulting me"  don't remember you consulting me about Anne's ban but oh well.  Isn't a place to argue.  As for Dillon you'll be unbanned.
[/quote]

I got Silas's opinion about the situation and from my understanding from what he said is well-known servers tend to just get spoken a lot, usually not intentionally so they get leeway and understanding.

As for the rule about what constitutes advertising, I'll be taking my rules from the mod rules. Even though they include IP they don't exclude names.

This situation of confusion could have been avoided if Ovie simply talked to me first before acting rashly.

signature

(Oct 20th, 2018, 12:22 AM)DogTag93 link Wrote: [quote author=masterovieOG link=topic=5913.msg35928#msg35928 date=1540019256]
[quote author=DogTag93 link=topic=5913.msg35926#msg35926 date=1540016906]

[/quote]

I got Silas's opinion about the situation and from my understanding from what he said is well-known servers tend to just get spoken a lot, usually not intentionally so they get leeway and understanding.

As for the rule about what constitutes advertising, I'll be taking my rules from the mod rules. Even though they include IP they don't exclude names.

This situation of confusion could have been avoided if Ovie simply talked to me first before acting rashly.
[/quote] ehhh they’re both unbanned now anyways, sorry I didn’t consult you. 

signature

(Oct 20th, 2018, 12:25 AM)masterovieOG link Wrote: [quote author=DogTag93 link=topic=5913.msg35929#msg35929 date=1540020135]
[quote author=masterovieOG link=topic=5913.msg35928#msg35928 date=1540019256]
[quote author=DogTag93 link=topic=5913.msg35926#msg35926 date=1540016906]

[/quote]

[/quote] ehhh they’re both unbanned now anyways, sorry I didn’t consult you.
[/quote]

Thank you.
Sorry for the confusion DillontheVillian.

signature

(Oct 19th, 2018, 10:26 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote: your sister was wrongfully banned as she didn't not give an IP, still don't know why DogTag decided to ban her but oh well.  As for you that sucks.  As you are banned for bypass I would tell your sister to make a ban appeal as well for two reasons.  1: Wasn't a legit ban.  2: if you get unbanned and login you'll get banned again for bypass as your sister hasn't gotten unbanned yet.

Even if u though his ban was unjustified you should of talked to the original banner.. as me and dogtag did talk it over and decided it was a justifiable ban for advertising.  But seeing this is already resolved I'll just lock the post

signature

[Image: 9aabf691e1dff868f2587373a1555d92.png]