MasterOvie going a little too far
(Oct 7th, 2018, 11:05 PM)TraphouseCorndog link Wrote: [quote author=HeadlessCowboy link=topic=5891.msg35795#msg35795 date=1538978285]
[quote author=DogTag93 link=topic=5891.msg35777#msg35777 date=1538976276]
I haven't always agreed with the things Ovie has done or said in the past. I don't agree with how he chose to communicate with you guys in retaliation but Silas and Ovie have made it clear in the past that you shouldn't call him Movie. Considering Ovie didn't mute or ban (which is something Silas has giving Ovie permission to do) shows restraint on Ovies part. I don't understand what this argument is about or how it started but everyone needs to chill out.

Agreed.  I thought this had died down ever since Silas said Ovie can mute/ban for this but I guess it came up again sadly.  Maybe we need to put something in the tutorial about this issue and for people to use common sense with like situations.
[/quote]

I suppose if people need a tutorial teaching "Common sense", there should also be a tutorial on how not to insult people about domestic violence. If people need a tutorial on how not to call him movie, there may as well not be a server anymore. I really didn't want to get into this, but like I said, this hit home. You don't know who the people are on the other side of the screen. You don't know what they've been through. In case you're not taking the hint, I've experienced domestic violence before, and I really didn't take this well. So if you're going to make tutorials on "Common sense", you better get typing.
[/quote]

It is already in the rules: no player or staff disrespect, which does include calling them names that they don't like.
(Oct 7th, 2018, 11:04 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote: [quote author=TraphouseCorndog link=topic=5891.msg35793#msg35793 date=1538977980]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAPF3IZnaj4[/youtube]

Ovie just came into the TeamSpeak channel we were all in and said the following

TeamSpeak: User has joined your channel

Ovie: You know nothing's going to happen, right?

TraphouseCorndog: Okay...?

eLL: *Inaudible*

Ovie: You're god damned right nothing's going to happen

Teamspeak: User has disconnected from your channel

I appologise for the crappy video quality and second hand mic, but you can still hear it. What the actual hell my guy. This just makes you sound arrogant and guilty. You're parranoid, and it's plain to see.
Hmmm thought you weren't allowed to record in TS...
[/quote]

Official TeamSpeak Rules:
[Image: 5eJL2Jg.jpg][/img]

signature

[Image: xS21j9z.jpg]
[Image: 5eJL2Jg.jpg]

signature

I'm pretty sure there's a rule about no recording...

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
(Oct 7th, 2018, 11:12 PM)HeadlessCowboy link Wrote: [quote author=TraphouseCorndog link=topic=5891.msg35799#msg35799 date=1538978737]
[quote author=HeadlessCowboy link=topic=5891.msg35795#msg35795 date=1538978285]
I haven't always agreed with the things Ovie has done or said in the past. I don't agree with how he chose to communicate with you guys in retaliation but Silas and Ovie have made it clear in the past that you shouldn't call him Movie. Considering Ovie didn't mute or ban (which is something Silas has giving Ovie permission to do) shows restraint on Ovies part. I don't understand what this argument is about or how it started but everyone needs to chill out.

Agreed.  I thought this had died down ever since Silas said Ovie can mute/ban for this but I guess it came up again sadly.  Maybe we need to put something in the tutorial about this issue and for people to use common sense with like situations.
[/quote]

I suppose if people need a tutorial teaching "Common sense", there should also be a tutorial on how not to insult people about domestic violence. If people need a tutorial on how not to call him movie, there may as well not be a server anymore. I really didn't want to get into this, but like I said, this hit home. You don't know who the people are on the other side of the screen. You don't know what they've been through. In case you're not taking the hint, I've experienced domestic violence before, and I really didn't take this well. So if you're going to make tutorials on "Common sense", you better get typing.
[/quote]

It is already in the rules: no player or staff disrespect, which does include calling them names that they don't like.
[/quote]

One can only assume action will be taken on Ovie's part then. That is unless, you don't consider "Obviously your dad didn't beat you enough or hard enough to learn respect" as disrespect.

signature

(Oct 7th, 2018, 11:25 PM)TraphouseCorndog link Wrote: [quote author=HeadlessCowboy link=topic=5891.msg35800#msg35800 date=1538979165]
[quote author=TraphouseCorndog link=topic=5891.msg35799#msg35799 date=1538978737]

[/quote]

[/quote] Noxehhh and I already talked about that and we're both on the same page. 

[/quote]

One can only assume action will be taken on Ovie's part then. That is unless, you don't consider "Obviously your dad didn't beat you enough or hard enough to learn respect" as disrespect.
[/quote]

signature

(Oct 7th, 2018, 11:25 PM)TraphouseCorndog link Wrote:
[quote author=HeadlessCowboy link=topic=5891.msg35800#msg35800 date=1538979165]
[quote author=TraphouseCorndog link=topic=5891.msg35799#msg35799 date=1538978737]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Read this!

"Constant disrespect to staff
Constantly disrespecting staff is uncalled for so a Moderator may ban at their discretion if a user does this. Keep in mind there is a difference between disrespect and teasing. Moderators should have a thick skin."

"Harassing other users
If a player is found to constantly harass another user or multiple users there must be a warning before action is taken. When warning the offender the harassed player should be notified of “/ignore” command. If the offender continues to act out the Moderator may ban said user at their discretion. "

I think the rules may need more clarification or a re-type up with a better structure but that is just me being picky with the details.
(Oct 7th, 2018, 11:23 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote: I'm pretty sure there's a rule about no recording...
There was and it lasted for about an hour and a half before Silas removed it because he couldn’t care less.

signature

(Apr 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:No singing in Communist MCP Kappa

F

"I don't think it's Dragon, I think he is just being retarded as usual." - zs471 4/26/2017

You will be remembered zs471, F.

(Sep 24th, 2017, 09:25 AM)zs471 link Wrote:You know I was actually just thinking to myself, 'You know who would be a good guard?' Then it came to me. Obviously Dragon1240 would be a good guard. +1
I'm split on the issue, I understand why master got upset about the whole "movie" stuff and Silas has backed him on that so master is completely justified in his actions (even though no punishments were handed out). But I think he went too far when he said the thing about his dad not beating him enough. This whole thing was kind-of stupid and I don't think it should've even made it to forums.
(Oct 8th, 2018, 09:38 AM)eL33TCREW link Wrote: I'm split on the issue, I understand why master got upset about the whole "movie" stuff and Silas has backed him on that so master is completely justified in his actions (even though no punishments were handed out). But I think he went too far when he said the thing about his dad not beating him enough. This whole thing was kind-of stupid and I don't think it should've even made it to forums.
agreed and Noxehhh and I talked about the conversation and we patched things up.  It’s all gooood Smile

signature