Miner01
(Aug 27th, 2018, 05:25 AM)Squigga_ link Wrote:okay, gavin let it blow over. You're being way to extreme and trying to ban miner, of all people miner.....  facepalming
if you're that offended by the word just get off the internet.

Not trying to get miner banned at all. He’s one of the best staff. Trying to let him know some words can affect different people. And squigga, staff should be more concerned with racist comments  than constructive criticism.
(Aug 30th, 2018, 08:57 PM)Gavinator27 link Wrote:[quote author=Squigga_ link=topic=5856.msg35481#msg35481 date=1535372736]
okay, gavin let it blow over. You're being way to extreme and trying to ban miner, of all people miner.....  facepalming
if you're that offended by the word just get off the internet.

Not trying to get miner banned at all. He’s one of the best staff. Trying to let him know some words can affect different people. And squigga, staff should be more concerned with racist comments  than constructive criticism.
[/quote]

Buddy, i highly doubt this hurt your feelings and you felt he was racist towords you.

signature

[Image: ackVMXt.png]
Making fun of Americans is not racist... American is not a race unless we are talking about natives and that isn't what gringo refers to.

signature

[Image: xOQgMsI.png]
(Aug 31st, 2018, 08:18 AM)polardog11 link Wrote:Making fun of Americans is not racist...
???????????????

signature

[Image: wGNJe78.png]
[Image: fde7785abc1392076c4a6dd643840c88.png]
*Yelling from across a giant canyon but cannot be heard well over the snowflake conversation currently happening:* Contexttttt matttteerrrrssssssss

Context matters. It may be used by other people in a condecending way, but it's kind of obvious that Miner wasn't trying to use the word that way. You've got to remember, he's from a whole different country, so there's even a gap there between common slang in the UK vs US. If I wanted to, I could flip my lid every time someone said the word "refrigerator" becuase "some of them are white and I find offense to that"... It's important that we use our common sense that's preinstalled... No .exe required, it's built into our OS Big Grin

P.S- I know this is an old thread, but I have been more inactive than I thought, so I'm catching up on all the beef lol

-TraphouseCorndog pedobear

signature

[Image: xS21j9z.jpg]