Keep Dropped Riot Helmets as Protection 5
1. Is your idea logical? Yes
2. Could it be done easily? Yes
3. Has something like it been done before? Yes. Protection 5 diamond riot helmets have been dropping since I could remember. I know there were a few patches to try to stop them from dropping, but I believe today they were fixed for good.
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Not that I'm aware of.

Two arguments can be made about Protection 5 diamond riot helmets. On one side, I believe they were nerfed in order to keep pvp balanced and not too over powered. On the other hand, receiving a prot 5 riot helmet from killing an A guard is a good reward for killing guards. Besides tasers, riot helmets were essentially the only other item people actively pvped guards for. Before I would agree receiving riot helmets from A guards was too easy, however since the buffs guards have been given, I believe a riot helm is a fair reward for a player who is able to take down riot guards.

I believe a compromise is necessary so what I will propose is this: riot helmets dropped by guards have unbreaking 10. Lower the unbreaking on the riot helmet and reinstate the protection 5. This would insure the helmets would need to be repaired more frequently but would still give players a reward for killing a higher ranking guard. Right now, there is no point in fighting guards higher than C because all drops are essentially the same.

Before the common rebuttal, "Guards aren't meant to be farmed" will be said, I will say that guards are not meant to be farmed, which is why they were buffed; but pvping guards is/always was a large part of prison servers. It is pretty hard for the average pvper to win against a C guard, so players able to kill guards with better equipment should receive a better reward.

Thank you for reading my suggestion and I really hope you consider reinstating Riot guards dropping protection 5 riot helmets.
I will consider this.

signature

???
say we do add this do people get their prot 5 back? if they removed our p5 from our riot helm and lower the unb?

signature

1v1 me in Rocket League