Fines
We received a lot of positive feedback regarding the potential addition of monetary fines.

It seems fines are a logical step to discouraging offenses & deflating the economy in a way classical punishment doesn't. These fines will be implemented on a per case basis and will be an added option for Moderators, Head/Sr Guards, and Wardens.

A lot of ideas for a judicial system have been suggested over the years but ultimately it's not feasible when it comes to running the server smoothly.

Applying fines:
Permitted staff will manually apply financial fines to applicable offenders after default punishment is issues (mute/ban). Staff are not required by any means to hand out fines but if doing so they must not selectively enforce favouring their friends.

Fines must follow guidelines and not exceed set amounts. This is a high responsibility for staff and the command must always be executed correctly in full.
The command to fine a player is /fine <name> <amount>
For players total fine counts can be seen with /fines.
Staff may see their total amount issued in fines with /finesissued.

Players may not be fined if they are the following:
- E rank or below
- Less than 20 hours playtime
- Below 75k in balance including faction balances & alt accounts. If a user has significant money in a faction/alt you may base the fine on that if you see reasonable.

Fine-able offenses include the following:

Excessive mutes - A player who frequently violates chat rules may be fined $5,000-$50,000 depending on the frequency, severity, and occurrence of their violation.

Temporary bans - Players temporarily banned for offenses that "should have known better"to do may be fined. The fine is recommended to be $50,000-$100,000 per day of the temporary ban. Fine amount must not be more than 1/3rd of their balance. These fines must be well thought out and seeking the opinion of other staff members is recommended.

Permanent bans - Players permanently banned will receive hard fines. If the player should have known better than to commit their offense they may be fined $50,000-$2,500,000 depending on the offense and the likelihood of them being unbanned (higher chance of them being unbanned via appeal = higher fine). These fines must be well thought out and seeking the opinion of other staff members is recommended. These fines must not be over 1/3rd of a players balance.

If there is an incident regarding fines contact a higher up staff member such as a Warden.
Please leave us feedback on this.

signature

???
Great addition, one question though, if we accidently fine someone who has less than 75k should the staff member who fined him pay with his own balance, or should we contact a warden to give him back whatever was lost?

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
I approve!

I think having a judicial system as a way to clean up the server isn't practical, but I was wondering if you would consider adding one for the purpose of role-play and entertainment almost like an event? 

signature

[Image: Gm0PMGN.png]
(Nov 5th, 2017, 05:56 PM)DogTag93 link Wrote:I approve!

I think having a judicial system as a way to clean up the server isn't practical, but I was wondering if you would consider adding one for the purpose of role-play and entertainment almost like an event?

Would be cool but ultimately would be a lot of work. Not against the idea though.

signature

???
I am just going to say, this is probably going to cause a LOT of favorism. As an example: (Geo would never do this)
Geonat fines Evevet101 100k for getting tempbanned for 1 day for item abuse.
Geonat fines AlphaCoolskate 50k for getting tempbanned for 1 day item abuse.

Just saying that it could cause so much drama due to staff members giving person X a higher fine than person Y just because they feel like it and do not like that person. This is a sweet addition to MCP and will make me have -1mil, but it will cause a LOT more staff reports for sure.

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]
I can see this being really good for the server!

(Nov 6th, 2017, 09:26 AM)Coolskate2449 link Wrote:I am just going to say, this is probably going to cause a LOT of favorism. As an example: (Geo would never do this)
Geonat fines Evevet101 100k for getting tempbanned for 1 day for item abuse.
Geonat fines AlphaCoolskate 50k for getting tempbanned for 1 day item abuse.

Just saying that it could cause so much drama due to staff members giving person X a higher fine than person Y just because they feel like it and do not like that person. This is a sweet addition to MCP and will make me have -1mil, but it will cause a LOT more staff reports for sure.

this is why he states "These fines must be well thought out and seeking the opinion of other staff members is recommended."

signature

[Image: 9aabf691e1dff868f2587373a1555d92.png]
Great Addition let's hope this will deter people from breaking rules/abusing!

signature

[Image: 0Xy4rwK.jpg]

[Image: lpFQ2b2.jpg]
You should ask yourself in this order;
  • Intent and their history of offenses
    So that you know if they're even attempting to make a difference.
  • Seriousness of the current offense
    Big offenses to me include lots of spam and/or lots of swearing, illegal words, and if their intent is to actually harass anyone (staff or players). These will probably result in an instant mute or worse.
  • Their balance
    THE ABSOLUTE LEAST CONCERN, hands down. This is where you consider if the punishment by mute or ban was enough, you need to know their balance to withdraw a justified amount to further discipline the player.

I usually mute for extended times when I have to get involved, and that may be enough. As I type this, the fines feel like a last resort thing like if they show no remorse. Personally I wouldn't mind dropping someone into negative balance if they're a dedicated player, with a committed offense. Silas is right about no one below or at E, this is to keep older players in check. The highest fine I'd ever do would be no more than 200k, but I wont make any promises to not drain the economy  panicBasket KappaClaus

signature

(Mar 23rd, 2022, 02:35 PM)GeoDope link Wrote:[quote author=serrian_ link=topic=6355.msg39052#msg39052 date=1647977252]
no

serrian doesn't deserve +15/-7 karma, he wishes he could deny apps. Serrian is never getting staff again lmao
[/quote]
New specification added for those avoiding fines. It's obviously possible to dodge them but this will make it a bit tougher.

"- Below 75k in balance including faction balances & alt accounts. If a user has significant money in a faction/alt you may base the fine on that if you see reasonable."

signature

???
(Nov 7th, 2017, 02:33 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:New specification added for those avoiding fines. It's obviously possible to dodge them but this will make it a bit tougher.

"- Below 75k in balance including faction balances & alt accounts. If a user has significant money in a faction/alt you may base the fine on that if you see reasonable."
RIP me, my plan failed ;/

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]