[Prism] It's not done but screw it
(Oct 7th, 2017, 04:07 AM)serrian_ link Wrote: Will the data be used for any outside functions such as:
  • Player activity rewards?
  • Future income tax on the rich?
  • Staff promotion and demotion factors?
  • Regulating the crate  economy (/cratecount)?
Question:
How often does the data update?

Side Note:
This is incredible and I love the fact that you're only just getting started with this. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

The main thing we will use it for is checking player activity for when adding/promoting  staff, and its a program that runs on the server that then pipes it into a data base.
The only thing that prism would regulate is I am working on algorithms to flag users with abnormal activity on the server, it would never auto do things just flag a user for admin review.

AS for how often it updates it should be every 10min but there is a bug when there has been a lot of users on in the past hour so some times it doesn't update, there is a time stamp at the bottom of the page for when the data was last updated.

signature

-James Cameron
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Born too late to explore the earth, born too soon to explore the galaxy. Born just in time to гคเรє ๓ץ ๔๏ภﻮєг ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Amazing! I love it!

signature

[Image: 0Xy4rwK.jpg]

[Image: lpFQ2b2.jpg]
(Oct 7th, 2017, 10:48 AM)Zeedin link Wrote: [quote author=serrian_ link=topic=5358.msg31653#msg31653 date=1507374471]
Will the data be used for any outside functions such as:
  • Player activity rewards?
  • Future income tax on the rich?
  • Staff promotion and demotion factors?
  • Regulating the crate  economy (/cratecount)?
Question:
How often does the data update?

Side Note:
This is incredible and I love the fact that you're only just getting started with this. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

The main thing we will use it for is checking player activity for when adding/promoting  staff, and its a program that runs on the server that then pipes it into a data base.
The only thing that prism would regulate is I am working on algorithms to flag users with abnormal activity on the server, it would never auto do things just flag a user for admin review.

AS for how often it updates it should be every 10min but there is a bug when there has been a lot of users on in the past hour so some times it doesn't update, there is a time stamp at the bottom of the page for when the data was last updated.
[/quote]
That bug should be fixed now and should update every 10min

signature

-James Cameron
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Born too late to explore the earth, born too soon to explore the galaxy. Born just in time to гคเรє ๓ץ ๔๏ภﻮєг ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
The first time I saw it was clicking on a member on the online section on the main page Smile

This is some really good work Zeedin.

[spoiler=Side Note]

Instead of having to click on all six voting links for both servers, maybe have one link per server to open up all six tabs Wink

What I do when voting is right click on all six links, vote, then move on to the other server's voting links and do the same.

Just a thought since I have been learning JavaScript a little and noticed that it is possible.  (I am learning it a tad for another game that uses some scripts).

[/spoiler]
(Oct 8th, 2017, 05:01 PM)HeadlessCowboy link Wrote: The first time I saw it was clicking on a member on the online section on the main page Smile

Instead of having to click on all six voting links for both servers, maybe have one link per server to open up all six tabs Wink

What I do when voting is right click on all six links, vote, then move on to the other server's voting links and do the same.

Just a thought since I have been learning JavaScript a little and noticed that it is possible.  (I am learning it a tad for another game that uses some scripts).

I would do that but most browsers stop you from opening mass tabs like that, I have a few ideas of when I update that page

signature

-James Cameron
(Oct 10th, 2017, 11:19 AM)Zeedin link Wrote:
[quote author=HeadlessCowboy link=topic=5358.msg31658#msg31658 date=1507507298]
The first time I saw it was clicking on a member on the online section on the main page Smile

I would do that but most browsers stop you from opening mass tabs like that, I have a few ideas of when I update that page
[/quote]

Yeah, that is true due to the pop-up blockers and ad blockers.  I didn't know you were going to update that page.
So are all the stats about kills just place holders since everyone has the same numbers? Since those stats haven't been monitored? I'm just making sure because you said something about the deaths being the only thing that you could measure

signature

F
LSI: http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3689.0.html
[Image: eL04gJk.png]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Oct 10th, 2017, 04:50 PM)cougarboy link Wrote: So are all the stats about kills just place holders since everyone has the same numbers? Since those stats haven't been monitored? I'm just making sure because you said something about the deaths being the only thing that you could measure
Ya the only thing is all time deaths from V6

signature

-James Cameron