MCP V6
(Oct 1st, 2016, 03:09 PM)Miner link Wrote: Few thoughts (might not be relevant/suitable)

Either deny chest shops on courtyard plots (or plots altogether).
This will encourage the use of the black market as it was intended. Or make it a rule that contraband can only be sold in the black market. If often hear people comment the first time they see the black market that its amazing and its a shame its not used more.

Set maximum buy price for certain ores/blocks
This might help keep players from ranking up too quickly and help keeping the eco in balance. It also could stop undermining the donor perk. e.g. if donor diamond sell is $400, limit chest shops from buying to say $300.

Allow players to place certain signs like disposal, vchest etc..
This could be achieved at a cost by clicking a buy sign that grants the place permission for 10mins and then removes the permission.

Implement the portals in free that teleport players to specific biomes or teleport to a random place.
If there's no suitable plugin that you want to use/test I would be happy to either find the biomes and/or change them every so often

Disallow storing of contraband on plots/introduce random plot checks
This might force black market use or faction base for storage.

Have it so plots reset instead of just going into resell
This might keep the economy balanced by not having players stalking plots that are about to expire and obtaining lots of items.

A way to monitor playtime as well as last seen
This is to stop those that aren't actually playing and who are just trying to keep their plots.

Players $ balance reduces a certain % every x days/months they are offline
This could be something like after 30days of no activity reduce by 1% each week (in 1 year the players balance would only reduce about 40% at that rate)

Crate item that can destroy obsidian
Maybe  TNT or something like a fire charge etc... that could break obsidian (and other blocks). This could be limited to a specific %. i.e. when used it has a 5% chance to break the blocks. This item could have requirements / cool down too so that its still difficult to break into well protected faction bases.

Change the ez-fix slab so that its useful
This could create a bigger wall and taller too. Then it could be used in free world like a pvp situation to try and escape. or for those who want to build a little easier. Maybe a teleport included to be either inside the wall or on top of it.

Disable the Silas Sythe jump ability in the prison region
I can't see a need for this within the prison except to parkour/glitch out of the prison. Could still keep the attack ability enabled in the prison though for pvp (although disable for pvp off and safe zones).

Love the ideas!

signature

[Image: 9aabf691e1dff868f2587373a1555d92.png]
(Oct 1st, 2016, 03:09 PM)Miner link Wrote: Few thoughts (might not be relevant/suitable)

Either deny chest shops on courtyard plots (or plots altogether).
This will encourage the use of the black market as it was intended. Or make it a rule that contraband can only be sold in the black market. If often hear people comment the first time they see the black market that its amazing and its a shame its not used more.

Set maximum buy price for certain ores/blocks
This might help keep players from ranking up too quickly and help keeping the eco in balance. It also could stop undermining the donor perk. e.g. if donor diamond sell is $400, limit chest shops from buying to say $300.

Allow players to place certain signs like disposal, vchest etc..
This could be achieved at a cost by clicking a buy sign that grants the place permission for 10mins and then removes the permission.

Implement the portals in free that teleport players to specific biomes or teleport to a random place.
If there's no suitable plugin that you want to use/test I would be happy to either find the biomes and/or change them every so often

Disallow storing of contraband on plots/introduce random plot checks

Have it so plots reset instead of just going into resell
This might keep the economy balanced by not having players stalking plots that are about to expire and obtaining lots of items.

A way to monitor playtime as well as last seen
This is to stop those that aren't actually playing and who are just trying to keep their plots.

Players $ balance reduces a certain % every x days/months they are offline
This could be something like after 30days of no activity reduce by 1% each week (in 1 year the players balance would only reduce about 40% at that rate)

Crate item that can destroy obsidian
Maybe  TNT or something like a fire charge etc... that could break obsidian (and other blocks). This could be limited to a specific %. i.e. when used it has a 5% chance to break the blocks. This item could have requirements / cool down too so that its still difficult to break into well protected faction bases.

Change the ez-fix slab so that its useful
This could create a bigger wall and taller too. Then it could be used in free world like a pvp situation to try and escape. or for those who want to build a little easier. Maybe a teleport included to be either inside the wall or on top of it.

Disable the Silas Sythe jump ability in the prison region
I can't see a need for this within the prison except to parkour/glitch out of the prison. Could still keep the attack ability enabled in the prison though for pvp (although disable for pvp off and safe zones).

Please add this.

signature

[Image: xOQgMsI.png]
Not sure how Miner comes up with these ideas, but I think all of them would be a proactive idea for the new reset.

signature

[Image: w0nB0qd.png]
Disable Donor for the first 48 hours kthx

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
(Oct 3rd, 2016, 07:47 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: Disable Donor for the first 48 hours kthx
Considered it.

signature

???
I feel as if the guard rules need to be re-written as there is some rules that arn't in the rules but I feel that should be

signature

1v1 me in Rocket League
Few thoughts (might not be relevant/suitable)

Quote:Either deny chest shops on courtyard plots (or plots altogether).

I agree that players should only be able to sell contraband in the black market. We'll need to work on a system to make this happen/punish offenders.

Quote:Set maximum buy price for certain ores/blocks

We like the free economy and putting in a system like this would likely be more effort than worth, we will be balancing the eco in other ways though.

Quote:Allow players to place certain signs like disposal, vchest etc..

Added in V6 for a fee per sign Smile

Quote:Implement the portals in free that teleport players to specific biomes or teleport to a random place.

Go ham on V6

Quote:Disallow storing of contraband on plots/introduce random plot checks

This might go along with the not allowing contraband to be sold on plots. We'll see what we decide on this though.

Quote:Have it so plots reset instead of just going into resell

The main reason we never did this is for when players sell plots to each other. On plots expiring/going inactive though I agree and will look into making it so they are nuked.

Quote:A way to monitor playtime as well as last seen

Been meaning for something like this for a while, just never got around.

Quote:Players $ balance reduces a certain % every x days/months they are offline

Interesting idea, will be considered for sure.

Quote:Crate item that can destroy obsidian

The main reason this was never added was due to the live map and how there would be no safety for faction bases. At the time I last considered it there was also one or two factions which attempted to raid anyone, this would only punish more casual players I found. We'll see how this goes on V6 though.

Quote:Change the ez-fix slab so that its useful

Perhaps something like a land bridge? Maybe some way to make travel easier.

Quote:Disable the Silas Sythe jump ability in the prison region

signature

???
Get rid of the factions plugin. Add in a " gang " plugin, the same as factions, but prison themed.

Change the names of the ranks to something else

Milestones in the freeworld, what I mean by this, is once you get 1k out from spawn you get some prize automatically. Then 5k is a better prize and so on. This is make people use the free world way more often.

At random server moments, like 100000 server playtime, the online players get some type of collectible lore type item
^ same thing with deaths

Custom death noises

Special mobs in the free world that have a high speed level so its hard to kill, awarded item of Silas' choice

I've seen this on other servers and would help out a lot, there is an invisible armor stand that follows every player to make sure people do not have aura on, and it informs offline admins.

Please nerf zeedin cloud effect thing, the chance of it happening happens too much.

Every two hours, one crate automatically opens at C parkour.

signature

F
LSI: http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3689.0.html
[Image: eL04gJk.png]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Oct 4th, 2016, 08:25 PM)cougarboy link Wrote:
Quote:Get rid of the factions plugin. Add in a " gang " plugin, the same as factions, but prison themed.

Factions while being a piece of shit is known by everybody, there's also no point developing something for the  sake of being different.

Quote:Change the names of the ranks to something else

Why? It's a classic prison.
Quote:Milestones in the freeworld, what I mean by this, is once you get 1k out from spawn you get some prize automatically. Then 5k is a better prize and so on. This is make people use the free world way more often.

Sounds like something from an OP prison, no need to reward players for every little thing.

Quote:At random server moments, like 100000 server playtime, the online players get some type of collectible lore type item
^ same thing with deaths

While recognizing milestones is cool and should be made more significant there's no need to reward players for every little thing.

Quote:Custom death noises

Would love to add more custom sounds but the bigger the resource pack the less likely members will use it. If Mojang ever makes resource packs proper we will.

Quote:Special mobs in the free world that have a high speed level so its hard to kill, awarded item of Silas' choice

No reason not to but probably not as we feel MCP is already quite bloated with content like this.

Quote:I've seen this on other servers and would help out a lot, there is an invisible armor stand that follows every player to make sure people do not have aura on, and it informs offline admins.

Sounds laggy.

Quote:Please nerf zeedin cloud effect thing, the chance of it happening happens too much.

Already nerfed pushback amount, durability, but will consider this too.

Quote:Every two hours, one crate automatically opens at C parkour.

Crates are already too easily obtainable.

Thanks for the suggestions, but as you know we're very picky when it comes to new content.

signature

???
Shivs / Shanks / Other Prison Weapons

I know some of these have already been suggested and that these are already in the potential things to add category, I just thought I would try to add some additional items as crate fillers /  special items.

Shiv's (varying names with varying sharp/effects etc..)
Screwdriver
Sharpened Toothbrush
Piece of glass (texture: shard)
Razor Blades
Acid/Bleach (strong effect like blindness / poison / slowness, using lava sound effect)
Garrote (string/wire, could give instant suffocation for a few seconds)
Knuckleduster
Poisoned Cigarettes (same as normal cig but maybe change the lore text slightly or color so its harder to tell the difference, this would then give poison effect)
Crossbow

The following while might not be typical prison weapons but they could be stolen from the prison armory/guards

Flashbang
This could use the TNT explosion sound, give blindness to those in the area (or target), maybe even give the glowing effect too so you can see when the effects wear off.

Smoke Grenade
This could use the fire sound effect, provide the smoke effect like marijuana and give a short burst of blindness

Tear Gas
This could use the fizz sound effect, possible smoke effect, causes nausea and maybe slowness

Pepper Spray
This could also use the fizz sound effect, give blindness and poison effect