MCP V6
(Oct 5th, 2016, 01:51 AM)Miner link Wrote: Shivs / Shanks / Other Prison Weapons

I know some of these have already been suggested and that these are already in the potential things to add category, I just thought I would try to add some additional items as crate fillers /  special items.

Shiv's (varying names with varying sharp/effects etc..)
Screwdriver
Sharpened Toothbrush
Piece of glass (texture: shard)
Razor Blades
Acid/Bleach (strong effect like blindness / poison / slowness, using lava sound effect)
Garrote (string/wire, could give instant suffocation for a few seconds)
Knuckleduster
Poisoned Cigarettes (same as normal cig but maybe change the lore text slightly or color so its harder to tell the difference, this would then give poison effect)
Crossbow

The following while might not be typical prison weapons but they could be stolen from the prison armory/guards

Flashbang
This could use the TNT explosion sound, give blindness to those in the area (or target), maybe even give the glowing effect too so you can see when the effects wear off.

Smoke Grenade
This could use the fire sound effect, provide the smoke effect like marijuana and give a short burst of blindness

Tear Gas
This could use the fizz sound effect, possible smoke effect, causes nausea and maybe slowness

Pepper Spray
This could also use the fizz sound effect, give blindness and poison effect

The pepper spray sounds cool. Possable guard item?

signature

[Image: xOQgMsI.png]
(Oct 5th, 2016, 01:14 PM)polardog11 link Wrote: [quote author=Miner link=topic=4275.msg24761#msg24761 date=1475657476]
Shivs / Shanks / Other Prison Weapons

I know some of these have already been suggested and that these are already in the potential things to add category, I just thought I would try to add some additional items as crate fillers /  special items.

Shiv's (varying names with varying sharp/effects etc..)
Screwdriver
Sharpened Toothbrush
Piece of glass (texture: shard)
Razor Blades
Acid/Bleach (strong effect like blindness / poison / slowness, using lava sound effect)
Garrote (string/wire, could give instant suffocation for a few seconds)
Knuckleduster
Poisoned Cigarettes (same as normal cig but maybe change the lore text slightly or color so its harder to tell the difference, this would then give poison effect)
Crossbow

The following while might not be typical prison weapons but they could be stolen from the prison armory/guards

Flashbang
This could use the TNT explosion sound, give blindness to those in the area (or target), maybe even give the glowing effect too so you can see when the effects wear off.

Smoke Grenade
This could use the fire sound effect, provide the smoke effect like marijuana and give a short burst of blindness

Tear Gas
This could use the fizz sound effect, possible smoke effect, causes nausea and maybe slowness

Pepper Spray
This could also use the fizz sound effect, give blindness and poison effect

The pepper spray sounds cool. Possable guard item?
[/quote]

I think that if it does get put in pepper spray HAS to be a guard item! maybe tear gas to love the ideas behind this!

signature

[Image: 9aabf691e1dff868f2587373a1555d92.png]
Some more random suggestions for crate items:
  • Iron bar.
  • Sock (yes a sock) - Fill this up with some rocks, coins or snooker/pool balls and you'll be top dog in no time.
  • Maybe a chance for a mob (or two) to spawn -  This could either be on its own or when something decent drops.
  • Event token - This would be something like the donation token which can be redeemed for any event (or multiple events).
  • Instant rank upgrade - (If top rank already maybe $ consolation prize).
  • Timed access to some spawners/grinders - New area which has spawners/grinders of different hostile mobs so that users could get some xp and shards (I'll happily offer to build an area for this).

Other thoughts for v6:
  • Give players the choice to toggle plot entry/protection.
  • Maybe a warp GUI (similar to mods warp GUI).
  • Chat filter to exclude certain banned words (nothing too restrictive, just those words that would be deemed racist/offensive) - This would be useful for when no staff are online to assist.
  • Have the parkours reset in sequence - at the moment is appears the parkour used is random and some are more frequently used that others. Assuming there's not a specific reason why (or that I just haven't missed certain ones) replace them in sequence so that each is used the same amount.
  • More secret areas added over time (like what was done with the banana tavern, arena, cave, random tunnels etc...)
  • Geo's tavern parkour (the one with the bedrock that unfortunately was abandoned/closed)
  • Alcohol/brewing - could use potion bottles and give different affects to simulate alcohol/other drinks (like energy drinks)
Thanks for all the suggestions miner, we've definitely used some and will use more in the future. As far as the custom items go though for PvP we're going to refrain from adding them. MCP has a good amount of custom items from crates and the PvP is already quiet diverse. We want to see how it settles after the reset and don't want PvP to be even more of a jumble than it currently is. Perhaps this will change with demand in the future.

Some of your newest suggestions such as the plot entry and warp gui would definitely be added if the time comes up. For the parkours they are 100% RNG on which of the 50 is picked for the day, then again it does change every 8 hours so it's not surprising we have duplicates. As for the Alcohol/Brewing; this has been requested for a while, basically since we added drugs. We tried to keep the drugs unique as possible and didn't add more due to there being overlap so adding more drugs/alcohol while having more options wouldn't really add much content. If we also added brewing we'd want it to be a proper system such as custom textures, complex creation, and a meaningful variety. It's currently a large/hard to plan out addition (not to mention how drugs need a redesign from a technical point.) but as some point this could do with being added.

For things like the secret areas you're a warden feel free Wink

PS to the MCP players below is an incomplete list of some of the finished changes to the new map, obviously there are others that were not written down.

1. laced cookie with marajuana
  2. custom unbreaking armour
  3. nerf repair cost - isn't it cheaper for lower playtime?
  4. fixed clear lag
  5. raised guard/mod paychecks
  6. jellywagon crate item - slime ball which gives speed 3 for 30sseconds
  7. polardog crate item - axe which gives slowness, named polars hammer blue/grey or red - fire aspect
  8. miner crate item
  9. force reselection when lava survival changes
  10. disable shard drops in zombie arena
  11. updated to essentials x possibly fixed /seen bug?
  12. no hunger in event portal
  13. adjust starter kit - too OP/Not needed good pick as mines won't be about breaking as many blocks?
  14. added charge signs - add /signs
  15. change zeedin juice to only heal 5 hearts - remove knockback
  16. glass smash throwable items - manual
  17. broadcast to everyone in a region - plugin to send msg to players in region - wsb for world broadcast/greeting for players
  18. make jarder only target players? disable non player targets? - custom targets by defining players and entities while leaving out armour stands - no longer targets friendly mobs
  19. switch jail to solitary confinement (using source code) - change mentions of jail to solitary in rules/commands - fix jailcheck cmd
  20. adjust unbreaking tools to just be almost unbreaking
  21. Add Geo set - geo armour ability to becoem super slow but tanky like shield for a short time - give weakness - add geo sword/axe to same crate ### Geo wanted knockback resistance, maybe some other attributes 25% each piece
  22. silas sythe adjusted - now sets warp
  23. adjust crate money amounts
  24. command sign msgs - be less generic (custom cooldown msgs)
  25. riches - diamond trail
  26. miner slaughter token
  27. increase rareness of speed 3 boots
  28. update wg to protect armour stands from fishing rods
  29. update pvp manager - disable guard npcs
  30. baron can now post links along with c-guard+ & mod
  31. new bosses - stop bosses picking up items - rework AI - spawnzombie on coordinates so player doesn't need to run spell
  32. reduced akita scepter fireball cost
  33. use target modifiers to give custom drops for bosses/mobs by defining their name
  34. nerfed zeedin angel thorns
[Image: img_0666.jpg]

signature

???
Love the pay raise Smile

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
Alcatraz, maybe a hint to what the new map is inspired by?

signature

" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown
(Oct 6th, 2016, 06:43 AM)serrian_ link Wrote: Alcatraz, maybe a hint to what the new map is inspired by?
"I'm sorry my response are limited, you must ask the right question.

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
b_bob and zs471's Suggestions

Places to explore: There should be hidden secrets and places to explore around the prison like the coded door, obviously wouldn't have to be introduced at the beginning of the map.

Harder to obtain items: I don't know if the block shop exists on the new map, but the way I see it is since you can currently buy nearly any block in the game from the block shop in citizen, you're essentially forcing players to spend time mining in order to obtain money to buy some cheap blocks from the block shop. If you were to remove the block shop, the time people spend making money could be spent gathering those blocks from the free world in order to differentiate the activities that go on.

Give gold a use: Gold has no use really, so what I'm thinking is that maybe you could add an upgraded version of shards that will make it so instead of needing 50 of each shard, maybe you only need 30.

Mob Farm Gear: I'm suggesting maybe an armor set + sword or axe be added to crates or the point shop that are designed specifically for the mob farm so you can last a while in the farm without having to repair too often but also not be so overpowered that you never need to leave.

Mob farm improvements Make it so that whenever you kill a skeleton or zombie in the donator mob farm, you get say $3 for a skeleton and $5 for a zombie kill.

Economy improvements: Maybe make some changes so that mining isn't the only viable option to make money.

signature

[Image: user1-light.png]
@bbob & Zs

#1 - Agree 100%, however designing things like this has never been my strong suit and Zeedin has been busy. Perhaps the wardens can add things like this within the prison theme/freeworld.

#2 - Haven't actually thought about the block shop yet, will consider this. Generally I'm against the blockshop but I understand why it's liked so much. We certainly won't be adding anymore items to it. Perhaps we'll adjust prices to encourage more classic gathering.

#3 - Gold will have more value in the new eco. I do love gold and  appreciate suggestions but I doubt we'd go with the shards idea. Other uses would be cool for it (particularly with the hens around)

#4 - Thanks for the idea will be used.

#5 - $3-5 is nothing, perhaps we will add onto mob farms more though.

#6 - Economy getting a large set of changes.

signature

???