My current thoughts on running a server/some info
(Mar 25th, 2016, 05:56 PM)serrian_ link Wrote: A2 Already asked about this in Team Speak...
A2: "Promote someone to Warden"
Silas"Warden's are shit"

They are, the only one that is good is Geo :^)

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
(Mar 25th, 2016, 06:03 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: [quote author=serrian_ link=topic=3595.msg20337#msg20337 date=1458953774]
A2 Already asked about this in Team Speak...
Silas"Warden's are shit"

[/quote] except he is inactive

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]
(Mar 25th, 2016, 06:30 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote: [quote author=mitsuo_wolfblood link=topic=3595.msg20338#msg20338 date=1458954239]
[quote author=serrian_ link=topic=3595.msg20337#msg20337 date=1458953774]
Silas"Warden's are shit"

[/quote]
He's not inactive, I've seen him on every single day. He's usually in vanish.

signature

[Image: wGNJe78.png]
[Image: fde7785abc1392076c4a6dd643840c88.png]
^^ Zs is right, Geo is plenty active.

signature

???
(Mar 25th, 2016, 05:20 PM)TGOutbreak link Wrote: [quote author=Zeedin link=topic=3595.msg20335#msg20335 date=1458949589]
[quote author=Hero Deacon link=topic=3595.msg20315#msg20315 date=1458912920]
[quote author=LaughNgamez link=topic=3595.msg20314#msg20314 date=1458904631]
So in short:
- This is one of the last versions of MCP but we'll keep it up as long as possible.

So no V6?
[/quote] I hope to get out one last map, but once I start eng I wont really have any time for anything.
[/quote]
Promote Geo and Ovie to heldp out?
[/quote]
I literally said this, read the rest of the feed so you don't look retarded

signature

F
LSI: http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3689.0.html
[Image: eL04gJk.png]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Mar 25th, 2016, 06:30 PM)masterovieOG link Wrote: [quote author=mitsuo_wolfblood link=topic=3595.msg20338#msg20338 date=1458954239]
[quote author=serrian_ link=topic=3595.msg20337#msg20337 date=1458953774]
Silas"Warden's are shit"

[/quote]

Trying to find the negative in other staff to give yourself an advantage doesn't help. You should be accepting of everyone, and try to help other players. Don't be jumpy to make a bad conclusion of any player. Whenever they're actually at fault, that's fine adding an opinion like that. Despite your computer having issues, to my recall you're the inactive one. You log in for only 30 minute or less increments. But forgive and forget is what I go by, just as long as they learn.

(Mar 25th, 2016, 11:52 AM)cougarboy link Wrote: Master for warden,
Geo for admin,
Let's get some more Admins that are trusted, so the development of MCP is still progressing

Only Silas, Zeedin and maybe a handful of other developers actually add things to the server. Me personally, I don't do anything but help players with minor issues; plots, some bugs, holes on the map etc.. I tried learning some things, and I know there are some players who actually know more than me and are able to work on things like magicspells. But it's not required of me (yet if ever) lol

signature

(Mar 23rd, 2022, 02:35 PM)GeoDope link Wrote:[quote author=serrian_ link=topic=6355.msg39052#msg39052 date=1647977252]
no

serrian doesn't deserve +15/-7 karma, he wishes he could deny apps. Serrian is never getting staff again lmao
[/quote]
Quote:Now I feel I should inform you that there is an almost guaranteed decrease in admin activity coming up due to the reason that I'll be starting school

Maybe choose some new admins? I don't know how difficult of a process that is for you but if activity is going down at least get some more people to try and keep it up, whether MCP goes down this version or in V6 i'm sure everyone would like to play long as possible, even though you said this will not be happening for a long time you should still make it as great as ever before it shuts down so that's what everyone remembers it for.

Quote:My drive to work on the server and general interest in doing so is not very high at the moment

Once again you should find someone to help you run the server, that way it's not you and Zeedin doing all the work, split it up with another person so it's not as much, with not much work i'm sure it will be more motivating.

Quote:However it is probably a safe bet to make that MCP will never get past a V6 and maybe never get there

The community wants it to get there, the staff want it to get there, for the third time, if it's too much work get some help, but everyone loves MCP, people who play on MCP have to like it otherwise they wouldn't be playing. Everyone is affected(mostly everyone) positively by something YOU created, even with all the work I don't see why there is a possible shutdown chance, I understand running a server can be a huge pain in the ass, but wouldn't you rather have that pain in the ass and keep the community and everyone who admires what you made, or just get rid of the pain in the ass and lose the server that you worked countless hours building up to be good as possible? I don't think you should shutdown any time soon. I think you should continue running the server with your staff team until you absolutely can't run it anymore for whatever reason.

These are just my thoughts on the situation, not meant to be rude or pushy

(Mar 26th, 2016, 09:12 AM)TySun link Wrote:
Quote:Now I feel I should inform you that there is an almost guaranteed decrease in admin activity coming up due to the reason that I'll be starting school

Maybe choose some new admins? I don't know how difficult of a process that is for you but if activity is going down at least get some more people to try and keep it up, whether MCP goes down this version or in V6 i'm sure everyone would like to play long as possible, even though you said this will not be happening for a long time you should still make it as great as ever before it shuts down so that's what everyone remembers it for.

Quote:My drive to work on the server and general interest in doing so is not very high at the moment

Once again you should find someone to help you run the server, that way it's not you and Zeedin doing all the work, split it up with another person so it's not as much, with not much work i'm sure it will be more motivating.

Quote:However it is probably a safe bet to make that MCP will never get past a V6 and maybe never get there

The community wants it to get there, the staff want it to get there, for the third time, if it's too much work get some help, but everyone loves MCP, people who play on MCP have to like it otherwise they wouldn't be playing. Everyone is affected(mostly everyone) positively by something YOU created, even with all the work I don't see why there is a possible shutdown chance, I understand running a server can be a huge pain in the ass, but wouldn't you rather have that pain in the ass and keep the community and everyone who admires what you made, or just get rid of the pain in the ass and lose the server that you worked countless hours building up to be good as possible? I don't think you should shutdown any time soon. I think you should continue running the server with your staff team until you absolutely can't run it anymore for whatever reason.

I agree with Tysun. Ever since Brian brought me on MCP I have played the server most of my time. I couldn't imagine waking up and not being able to join MCP and talk to TG , Brian , Jereh , and all the rest of friends like I do everyday.

signature

Kek
TIME AND MOTIVATION ARE REQUIRED

signature

[Image: user1-light.png]
(Mar 26th, 2016, 09:43 AM)A2thejaygaming link Wrote: [quote author=TySun link=topic=3595.msg20351#msg20351 date=1459008746]

I agree with Tysun. Ever since Brian brought me on MCP I have played the server most of my time. I couldn't imagine waking up and not being able to join MCP and talk to TG , Brian , Jereh , and all the rest of friends like I do everyday.
[/quote]

^^^^ This.