Bounty hunting
1. Is your idea logical? Very
2. Could it be done easily? Probably not, would probably need a custom plugin.
3. Has something like it been done before? Probably not.
4. Has this idea been suggested before? Not sure.

Make it so players can put a bounty on the head of another player. The obvious exception would be Guards/Wardens, Silas/Zeedin. The guards would not be able to just walk up to a player with a bounty on their head of course, though could still kill the bounty'ed player if they say them pvping.

To be able to turn in the bounty the bounty'ed player would drop a piece of paper, or it would go into the killers inventory, Unknown how this word work with kill stealing and such. Once the bounty'ed player was killed the player could right click on the paper and whatever the bounty price was would be rewarded to that players balance.

There could be a bounty price max, or limit as to how low the bounty could be obviously.

^ That or you could do the traditional bounty system servers tend to use.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
That actually sounds really fun but would be sorta hard to implement. I think it would be easier to just grant the money to the player who collected the bounty rather than dropping a piece of paper.
(Feb 3rd, 2016, 09:22 PM)Mr_StoneCold link Wrote: That actually sounds really fun but would be sorta hard to implement. I think it would be easier to just grant the money to the player who collected the bounty rather than dropping a piece of paper.

Which is why I was unsure about it. Like I pointed out in the thread it is hard because of kill stealing and such, 2v1'ing ect ect. Much like when guard drops were being discussed. There isn't any good way to give the prize to the killer/person who does the most damage correctly, which is why rewarding is open for discussion.

signature

We'll consider something like this, but like all things we want to create a bounty method in a non-spammy way.

signature

???
(Feb 3rd, 2016, 10:57 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote: We'll consider something like this, but like all things we want to create a bounty method in a non-spammy way.

Could it be made to be found with some sort of command, such as /bounties. Could be listed from either latest to oldest, or highest bounty to lowest bounty.

signature

Haha mit, I suggested this to silas two days ago.
(Feb 4th, 2016, 03:35 PM)DaNate link Wrote: Haha mit, I suggested this to silas two days ago.

I slightly suggested it about a week ago in the shoutbox, just didn't make a thread until now lol.

signature

I actually didn't see it there so I guess we both had smart ideas :^). Great minds think alike
(Feb 4th, 2016, 04:15 PM)DaNate link Wrote: I actually didn't see it there so I guess we both had smart ideas :^). Great minds think alike

Well if you suggested it recently, have any ideas to add along to with what I said? Or something arguing around some points? lol feel free to add what you feel.

signature