Mb and company unban appeal
"It's not always what you say, but how you say it”
― Bandile Matsenjwa

TLBig GrinR-> Plx unban.

Seeing as we were all banned for the same cause, we saw it unnecessary to spam the forums with ban appeals.  So here is our collective ban appeal.

IGNs: mb733, pigmine123, Agronomy, Wyld_, Wifi_The_Wynner, BrianADJ, cowmine123, OldLiLSandwich.
Who banned you? Silas_Bowen
When were you banned? (Time/Date) 25 November 2016
Why were you banned? Exploiting the eco bug.
Are you at fault? Yes.
What was your rank on MCP? Free, Citizens, Baron.
Why should we unban you?

Incoming wall of text.
We think there are a few reasons we should be unbanned.
I'll elaborate with a neat pros and cons list which nobody will read because of both the intimidating length and the attention span of the average MCP player.

Why we shouldn't be unbanned:
1.  We all abused the eco bug, and the rules clearly state not to do so.
2.  Silas and Geonat had suspicions there was an eco exploit, but I volunteered no information.
3.  Silas told me to inform him of any future exploits I found.  I didn't.
4.  Previous exploiters have been banned, and neglecting to ban us for abusing this exploit would go against the precedent set by those cases.

Why we should be unbanned:
1.  We are some of the most active individuals on this server, and easily one of the most active factions.
2.  All of us donated at some point and are likely to do so again, providing the owner with an inconsistent -- but passive -- source of income that can be used to improve the server in the future...  Or just buy pizza.  Server owners fking love pizza.
3.  Collectively, our faction has found more bugs than anyone else on the server.  Imagine, if instead of exploiting every bug we found, we notified an admin.

Here's what I mean:

v5 Bugs we found
Easy money:
White wool can be bought at the blockshop for $256 a stack.  Found a village with 4 villagers who sell an emerald for 22 white wool.  Make about 100k per stack of wool sold.  When the trades expire, buy a wool from them for 1 emerald.  This got me $5,000,000 in two days.  I sold the emeralds at donator prices as shown below.

Getting outside of prison:
  • Jump boost potions can be used in the jail parkour to get you on top of the prison.
          -Jump potions disabled

• You can use a boat in plots to glitch outside of prison.

• Mitsuo and Cougar's secret combined cell has an invisible barrier blocking players from jumping out.  Warp to mega plots, get the jump boost
    effect, warp back, and hop over that wall.  Feel free to set a home out here.
    -Credit to cougarboy
  • There are several holes in the black market that allow the player to get outside of the BM and stare at a fucking huge dirt wall that blocks you from prison.  There's also a villager here you can trade with.

• Go to the end, exit through the portal; it teleports you outside of prison.
          -Silas fixed this when he found me walking around outside of prison and I had to explain how I got there.
  • Once outside of prison, you can place boats at the corners of the map, glitch them into the corners of jail, and let any of your friends out
  • The piston area under spawn has a set of iron doors you can walk through to win the hardcore parkour, get on top of prison, or get outside of prison.
          -Someone disabled using the pressure plates to open the door
                  -Mine the bottom block in the door to glitch through it.
                        -Blocks placed in front of the door prevent the door glitch
                                -Use the "noclip" exploit to glitch through the blocks, then through the iron door.
                                      -Carpet wall placed at the room's chokepoint that prevents entry
                                              -Use the "noclip" exploit to glitch through the carpet, then the blocks, then the iron doors.
                                                    -Someone placed a wooden door, couldn't glitch through those.

After getting out of prison, these are all made possible:

Free End Warp:
In the far back-right corner of the map (relative to spawn) there's a working end portal chilling among a number of Zeedin's random builds.  It costs nothing to go through.

Safe storage/Unraidable base:
Set a home outside of the bedrock wall; you can build and set homes here for some reason.  Find a suitable place to put your base, and use as many chests as you want --will not be cleared by inactivity, and it will most likely never be found.

OP Mob Grinders:
Mobs spawn outside of the bedrock wall, but there is a very small area for them to spawn.  Hypothesis: mob grinder will be a great idea.  Result:  Mobs are forced to spawn in the mob grinder due to the larger number of players on the prison map and the low spawning area.  Was a great idea.

Undisturbed Zombie/spider grinder:
We got lucky: there is a zombie spawner and a cave spider spawner.  We're not in view of the live map, so we can afk at these for hours getting loads of xp and mob drops.  Also, we're underground.  None of the admins who teleported to me bothered to check the surrounding environment to notice the bedrock wall or the barrier.

Get amazing horses in prison:
Collect a lot of snowballs, use one the the exploits to get outside of prison, go to the reindeer christmas mountain next to donator maze.  It autowarps you in when you get close enough.  Use snowballs to push the horses off the mountain into the water area at the bedrock wall (it teleports you away if you try to leave with a horse) where we can use them.  Do this twice and breed those mofos.

Donator prices:
There's a mock-up of the donator area next to the end portal outside of prison.  We can easily access the sell signs here in order to get donor prices.  We can also use this to buy incredibly cheap items to sell to villagers for a much higher profit.

Unbreakable Golden Hoes:
Most likely were for tasers, but they didn't have names.  These can be found near the end portal outside of prison.  There are four command blocks that each give an unbreakable golden hoe.

Zeedin Heads:
Near the golden hoes there's a command block that gives Zeedin heads.

Undisturbed zombie pigmen farm:
Although the nether is disabled here, (I tried, it kills you.) zombie pigmen can still come out of portals.  Use this to make a pigmen spawner.

v1? throwback:
I didn't actually play this version, but if you find a way to go past the killzone, you can see the old prison.  How I got to it:  Tower up the bedrock wall, walk across until you find the pond near the corner of the map, and jump down.  -- Yep, still kills you.

Noob's items:
Find the kill button that repeatedly drops players from a height until they die.  (This is under prison at E? block)  For some reason we can open chests and hoppers down here.  Collect noob items -> get the shit back I lost on day 2.

But, more importantly, here are a few of the v6 bugs we found:
Eco exploits:
(Note: all of these exploits have been fixed now)
  • Charcoal Machine:
    Logs can be bought at cshop for $768 a stack.  Charcoal can be sold for $24 each, or $1,536 a stack.  I made an autosmeltor to constantly smelt logs into charcoal, and feed wood into furnaces to cook them.  Made approximately 700k off this before silas fixed this.

• Villager Scheme A:
    Buy white wool at citizen shop for almost nothing, sell this for 2.9 emeralds per stack.  Make 75k per inventory.

• Villager Scheme B:
    Villagers sell emeralds for 8-11 leather.  Buy leather at E for $2048 a stack, and make about 4k profit per stack sold.

• Villager Scheme C:
    Found a village with all white-robed villagers.  These guys are incredibly profitable.  They buy Written books, books, paper, gold.  Scheme:  Make an auto sugarcane farm, a squid farm, and make books, paper, written books.  Make, on average, $200 per sugarcane grown.  Made about 450k before Silas disabled villagers.

• Apple exploit:
    Apples can be bought for $24 and sold for $36.

• Hay exploit
    Hay can be bought for $1200 a stack and sold for $500k per inventory.  Net profit is: $454,464 per inventory.
  • Stone exploit
    Stone can be bought for cheaper than it can be sold for at blockshop.

• Dirt exploit
    Dirt can be bought for cheaper than it can be sold for at blockshop.

Dupe glitches:
  • Chestkeeper:
    Dupe glitch snaves and reyrey were using that involved being glitched while using chestkeeper.  There are quite a few videos on it, but it's been fixed.  I never used this, but I was aware of it.
  • ?? ??:
    Yes, there's another one.  For obvious reasons I won't give it here.  I haven't exploited it, so I'm not certain it works yet, but if it does, I doubt I'll be the only one to discover it.

Points Scheme:
Use the live map to find spawners.  Get lots of points doing this.

Wtf would we unban you for if you exploited a bunch of stuff?
Here's why: we are really good at finding exploits.  In the undying words of Donald Trump, "We're gonna be the best.  We have people so good that you've never heard of, they're better than the ones you have heard of."  There's a reason the federal government hires hackers to get shit done for them, it's because the federal government--despite their immense resources and capabilities-- are unable to match the resourcefulness (and raw determination) of a pissed off troll. 

I recently played on another server where the owner said he would ban any hackers, but he preferred staff who hacked.  While this is a counter-intuitive statement, his reasoning makes sense.  He wanted staff who could spot hackers, and the best people at spotting hackers were other hackers.  Am I saying we're hackers?  If you think I'm leading to this conclusion, you've missed the point entirely.  I'm saying, The current staff on MCP have done a poor job at finding exploits; we haven't.  We've exploited the majority of the bugs on this server.  We did this, because we didn't think we would get caught.  As we value playing on this server more than we value being rich, we'd be more than willing to report future exploits to the owner.  We're good at it.

As I will say I don't really like most of you but I will still +1 this unban appeal. BUT I would say if there were to be another bug, report it Immediately and if any of them are caught exploiting another bug No matter how BIG or small the bug reban and if they get banned for abusing another bug they should have no chance of redemption at that point.  Regardless what I say here it is silas's decision and I will suppose any he chooses
Most of these bugs you were told about like the apple one.
You knew exactly what you were doing when you abused the bug. You also were fully aware what would happen when caught.

signature

[Image: xOQgMsI.png]
(Nov 29th, 2016, 04:04 PM)koolkid123 link Wrote: Most of these bugs you were told about like the apple one.
Negative.  I may not have been the first to discover these glitches, but I wasn't told any of these glitches aside from the one from v5 which Cougarboy told me.  I can't verify this, but anyone who's been on teamspeak can verify this, or an admin can check the chat logs to see if anyone /msged me any of this.

Also, if you had read the post in it's entirety, you would have noticed that this the collection of bugs found from our entire faction.  not just me.
(Nov 29th, 2016, 04:07 PM)polardog11 link Wrote: You knew exactly what you were doing when you abused the bug. You also were fully aware what would happen when caught.

Quote:Why we shouldn't be unbanned:
1.  We all abused the eco bug, and the rules clearly state not to do so.
2.  Silas and Geonat had suspicions there was an eco exploit, but I volunteered no information.
3.  Silas told me to inform him of any future exploits I found.  I didn't.
4.  Previous exploiters have been banned, and neglecting to ban us for abusing this exploit would go against the precedent set by those cases.

Thanks for restating what I wrote.  Really helps.
mb u realize being cocky lowers your chances right??
(Nov 29th, 2016, 04:21 PM)koolkid123 link Wrote: mb u realize being cocky lowers your chances right??

I'm not being cocky, I'm being honest; there's a difference.  I value my integrity quite a bit, if somebody calls me a liar, I often opt to defend myself.  You, sir, called me a liar.  I offered multiple ways to prove I wasn't, and now you call me cocky?  If I say I'm not being cocky will you call me autistic?  I rely on facts, sir, not emotions.

Honesty is admitting what we did, and why it was wrong, which we did.  We obviously deserve to be banned, none of us dispute that.  We obviously know what we were doing, and we obviously know it was wrong.  That's why we said we were at fault. 

I would appreciate it if you read the post in it's entirety, you seem to have missed the point.

I did read the entire post and it seemed like for a large chunk of it sounded like a large basis of your reason to be unbanned is because "OINK" found a lot of bugs even though I did +1 your appeal I am still confused because of that.  No matter how many bugs you reported big or small you still decided to abuse an easy way to get money thus flooding the economy with "counterfeit currency".  I would actually like to know about how much you guys made approximately  (in your eyes for each person) and if you all do get unbanned have to be punished still by starting out at the negative balance of the amount you "counterfeited"
(Nov 29th, 2016, 05:06 PM)ravinseye link Wrote: I did read the entire post and it seemed like for a large chunk of it sounded like a large basis of your reason to be unbanned is because "OINK" found a lot of bugs even though I did +1 your appeal I am still confused because of that.  No matter how many bugs you reported big or small you still decided to abuse an easy way to get money thus flooding the economy with "counterfeit currency".  I would actually like to know about how much you guys made approximately  (in your eyes for each person) and if you all do get unbanned have to be punished still by starting out at the negative balance of the amount you "counterfeited"

our plots were cleared, and our balances are negative 2mil or less.  We've already been punished.

Most of my reasoning was that we are/can be useful to the server for a few reasons.
1.  We are very active.  The more active players you have, the more likely new players are to stay.  Also, active players vote, votes rank the server higher, higher ranked servers attract more people, more people
2.  We provide IRL currency to the server owner.
3.  We are really good at finding bugs.  If you had a group of people willing to "fess up" what the bugs are-- instead of exploiting them-- then future exploits are less likely to go viral like this one.