Cracking down on alt accounts
So it recently we've heard complaints of alt accounts being used to do certain things players don't like such as gaining faction power unfairly.

Now just because these are the first complaints about the issue I've heard it does not mean I haven't considered this issue for a while. I've for a very long time had occasional thoughts about limiting alt accounts in some way due to the mass availability of them.

For now the only issues I see with players having mass alts is faction power being boosted for little commitment.
I've always turned a blind eye to this because I understand the factions system is not perfect and enforcing a rule is really in a grey area.

Here's my suggestion:
After a week we will be limiting players to 3 accounts in total. This is for all cases as no one really has a practical use for 3+ accounts. If you can prove me wrong let me know.
Punishment for this would not be quickly dished out as it's still a grey area. Punishment would range from forced evictions from factions, main account temp banning, alt account permanent banning.

I'd really like feedback on this issue but for now I recommend all players stick to 3 accounts or we may have to address them.

signature

???
Quite honestly I can't think of a reason why anybody needs more than 2 accounts.

signature

[Image: user1-light.png]
(Oct 30th, 2015, 08:18 AM)b_bob58 link Wrote: Quite honestly I can't think of a reason why anybody needs more than 2 accounts.
Well if you are an admin of a server there are a lot of reasons why you would, that is why  I have six. Also some people wanted to change there name before 1.8 so just got a news account.

signature

-James Cameron
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Born too late to explore the earth, born too soon to explore the galaxy. Born just in time to гคเรє ๓ץ ๔๏ภﻮєг ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
You realize the only reason stormy, who unless A2 has also complained, is the only person complaining is because he spent 30 minutes and 800-900k (I've showed him the math I don't plan on doing it again but if you want to see how much obsidian my base has feel free to go count) building one of our bases before he got himself kicked from my faction. Now he's attempting to steal it back by taking all of my power out. He is the only person who has posted on why you would need more than 3 accounts of course he wants it down to 2 because I have 22 land. He's literally going through the owner for his own benefit. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to have more than 3 accounts, as I paid for Free on all my accounts, ever consider that? It costs 175k for 10 power and I don't even have 5 hours to stay on all my accounts to get full power to begin with. In my opinion, unless I'm using my alts to bypass something such as plot limits than there is no reason to make a limit on how many accounts you can use. If you can supply me with a few good reasons, I'd reconsider but like I said I use my accounts for things. I'll admit I use it for power, but I also use it for other things for instance sometimes I don't want people to know I'm Craftin because people bias their opinions on things I say or they just abuse sending me shit (for instance stormy messaged me for 10 minutes straight about how I was a bitch and farming power because I was "terrified" he was going to steal it back) I don't need to hear. I had the idea to make each account a certain thing too. For instance I had an account called RepairBot before A2 stole it back, and that was going to be my main enchanting and repairing account, I want a BuildBot account that I will use for building plots, you get the gist. I think it'd be cool to share my balances with my alts like I've started doing, and just other things I really like about having more than 3 accounts. I use them for joining MCP to talk to people while I'm on other servers for instance I'll put one on a Modded Server, one on MCP, one on a Building server, and 1 on a Factions server, which I thought wouldn't be needed much longer since MCP WAS going in the right direction. Every faction server, make that any kind of server I play on don't limit accounts, and honestly I don't see a single reason why they should. There is no unfair benefit I paid for all my accounts to be that rank and for the benefit of power. I know you're considering this, so I'm glad I noticed the post while I did. Please think hard about what you're doing, why you're doing it, and who you're doing it for.

signature

Kill me
(Oct 30th, 2015, 12:16 PM)Craftin link Wrote: You realize the only reason stormy, who unless A2 has also complained, is the only person complaining is because he spent 30 minutes and 800-900k (I've showed him the math I don't plan on doing it again but if you want to see how much obsidian my base has feel free to go count) building one of our bases before he got himself kicked from my faction. Now he's attempting to steal it back by taking all of my power out. He is the only person who has posted on why you would need more than 3 accounts of course he wants it down to 2 because I have 22 land. He's literally going through the owner for his own benefit. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to have more than 3 accounts, as I paid for Free on all my accounts, ever consider that? It costs 175k for 10 power and I don't even have 5 hours to stay on all my accounts to get full power to begin with. In my opinion, unless I'm using my alts to bypass something such as plot limits than there is no reason to make a limit on how many accounts you can use. If you can supply me with a few good reasons, I'd reconsider but like I said I use my accounts for things. I'll admit I use it for power, but I also use it for other things for instance sometimes I don't want people to know I'm Craftin because people bias their opinions on things I say or they just abuse sending me shit (for instance stormy messaged me for 10 minutes straight about how I was a bitch and farming power because I was "terrified" he was going to steal it back) I don't need to hear. I had the idea to make each account a certain thing too. For instance I had an account called RepairBot before A2 stole it back, and that was going to be my main enchanting and repairing account, I want a BuildBot account that I will use for building plots, you get the gist. I think it'd be cool to share my balances with my alts like I've started doing, and just other things I really like about having more than 3 accounts. I use them for joining MCP to talk to people while I'm on other servers for instance I'll put one on a Modded Server, one on MCP, one on a Building server, and 1 on a Factions server, which I thought wouldn't be needed much longer since MCP WAS going in the right direction. Every faction server, make that any kind of server I play on don't limit accounts, and honestly I don't see a single reason why they should. There is no unfair benefit I paid for all my accounts to be that rank and for the benefit of power. I know you're considering this, so I'm glad I noticed the post while I did. Please think hard about what you're doing, why you're doing it, and who you're doing it for.
everybody knows who you are when you announce it to the entire server

signature

I don't know who he's alts are m8. Limiting the alts is a good idea I guess, I haven't seen it done, but if a faction is one person and the others in that faction are his alts he shouldn't be punished as one person wouldn't have enough power to keep his base away from raiders. But if it's a semi larger faction of 4-5 people then yeah limiting them would be a good idea.

Js, not a faction player but I know about 1 man faction bases Wink

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
(Oct 30th, 2015, 01:12 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: I don't know who he's alts are m8. Limiting the alts is a good idea I guess, I haven't seen it done, but if a faction is one person and the others in that faction are his alts he shouldn't be punished as one person wouldn't have enough power to keep his base away from raiders. But if it's a semi larger faction of 4-5 people then yeah limiting them would be a good idea.

1 person alone does not need more than 10 chunks, not to mention craftin's faction includes himself, _Bombsquad_, Urabm, and Kingbass99

signature

(Oct 30th, 2015, 01:23 PM)b_bob58 link Wrote: [quote author=mitsuo_wolfblood link=topic=2548.msg14489#msg14489 date=1446235921]
I don't know who he's alts are m8. Limiting the alts is a good idea I guess, I haven't seen it done, but if a faction is one person and the others in that faction are his alts he shouldn't be punished as one person wouldn't have enough power to keep his base away from raiders. But if it's a semi larger faction of 4-5 people then yeah limiting them would be a good idea.

1 person alone does not need more than 10 chunks, not to mention craftin's faction includes himself, _Bombsquad_, Urabm, and Kingbass99
[/quote]

1 person doesn't need more than 10 chunks but if he looses all his power he's fucked. And I did say 4-5 people shouldn't need more than 3 alts.

signature

(Oct 30th, 2015, 01:23 PM)b_bob58 link Wrote: [quote author=mitsuo_wolfblood link=topic=2548.msg14489#msg14489 date=1446235921]

[/quote]

The other people in his faction who aren't alts are all inactive so pretty excact to his alts.

signature

F
LSI: http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3689.0.html
[Image: eL04gJk.png]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Oct 30th, 2015, 02:01 PM)cougarboy link Wrote: The other people in his faction who aren't alts are all inactive so pretty excact to his alts.

I think both of you are missing what I'm saying......4-5 people alts or not.

signature